per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 20 per group
Start time: Check availability
German, English, French
What's not included
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hector Peterson Museum Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Hector Pieterson Museum and Memorial
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Please give us yor accommodation adress so we can arrange your pickup on time
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21895P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour?
- Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour price starts from $49.77. Discover and book Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour?
- Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour is hosted by African Eagle Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact African Eagle Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 21895P20
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1JohannesburgStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 2SowetoStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Hector Pieterson Museum and MemorialStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
African Eagle Day Tours
Joined in November 2010
#137 of 971 Tours & Activities in Cape Town Central
- thelizzybeth00A great way to see Cape Town highlights in a short timeThe tour was excellent and our tour guide, Eduard was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The tour took in Table Mountain, the Company Gardens, the museum, the Cape Malay houses and Maidens Bay. I would highly recommend the tour as a great way to see Cape Town of you are short on time.
- 58philipp00Perfect experienceThe guide was just magnificent during the entire wine tour. He didn’t explain only about the wine estates, but also about the history of his country. The van was good for this type of group excursions.
- Ramkumar V00Poorly organisedThe guide cum driver’s audio commentary was very bad with his low voice, poor audio system, and his mumbling of words. Couldn’t understand the anything. Supposed to be 9 hour tour but finished in 8 hours rushing us at each sights particularly at Cape Point lighthouse. With my wife’s knee pain couldn’t reach and come back in 45 minutes. Should have been an hour. He over charged on penguin view point from displayed rate.
- annehD5420VH00Great drumming and foodThe drumming was wonderful led by a very enthusiastic drummer. We were each given a drum to join in. The food was a great way to experience African food.
- Compass1540575576400A great experienceDominique (the guide) is a great person! very kind and nice the tour is spectacular, the views, the vineyards, the restaurant, everyone is very friendly, we had a great time! And the bikes are very good, much power! Thank you very much to all for the experience!
- Roam1314434203400PerfectOur experience is the perfect arrangement. We are highly appreciating the tour conductor. We will definitely chose him!
- susannaLnz00Highly recommend!We really enjoyed this half-day tour. Very well organised. No fuss. Good way to visit Cape Peninsula without doing your own driving. The guide/driver was informative.
- bradsT8725IV00Dreadful experienceWish I coul dgive this comnay a rating of zero. Lost 40 minutes at the final hotel pickup point in the morning while the driver/guide argued with two parking inspectors. The debacle was only resolved after the intervention of two police officers. The site descriptions were incoherent and often involved religious metaphors. The driver informed guests a couple of times he was feeling ill. The instructions at different sites regarding meeting places and times were unclear and confusing. The mini-van was jam packed, hot, stuffy and uncomfortable. Despite a sense that we were being rushed everywhere, we got back to Cape Town three hours later than the advertised schedule time and subsequently missed planned visits to other sites. A problem exacerbated by the return driver agreeing to other returning guests requests to drop them to other tourist sites rather than their designated hotel destinations. Pulling the bus over on the side of the road to pay the outbound driver/guide directly for the tour and pay him for entry to sites like the Penguins at Boulder beach made us feel uncomfortable - especially when the driver openly stated that he'd be keeping the change as "part of his tip". Consider using ANY day trip company other than African Eagle. A dreadful experience.
- L2000QCpaull00Fun and good food and service.Excellent food, service. and lots of fun. Fourteen courses served in three parts with drum and dance in-between. The congo drum was in my seat when I arrived. The drum leader would beat the drum and the audience would then answer and their drum in the same manner. The waitstaff would sing and dance in between the first and second course. Between the third and last course the drum major would do a small line dance and then the audience would go on stage to dance with the singers and drum major. Six PM arrival land finished at nine PM.
- Explorer4194934500600Fantastic experience ,amazing scenery ,relaxing from start to finishIt was organised by our hotel and we had a fantastic day over all .we were picked up at our hotel by a friendly guide and driver . The whole day was very relaxing from start to finish as we could just sit back and relax . We visited 5 or 6 different areas including cape of good hope ,cape point and boulders beach (penguins) Our guide was very friendly and had loads of knowledge . Scenery was just amazing with breath taking views practically the whole way ! We had lovely fish and chips in simons town for lunch Definite recommendation for anyone staying in Cape Town just ask your hotel for info on it Tip :maybe more time at cape of good hope to leave time to visit the top and less time at the harbour we visited as there’s not a whole pile there to see but just my opinion on it Overall a fantastic experience !
- rachelmaw00Wonderful experience!What a cool experience!! The ambiance was spectacular! Then we got a terrific drum lesson, creating different beats together! I also loved the dancing and singing! The food was so different, in a good way! The flavors seemed truly authentic! I highly recommend!
- Stella V00Tourist TrapThis is a huge restaurant that looks nice and interesting as you are coming in… I was assigned to a table almost behind the stage… attention was good. They constantly bring you supposedly typical meals from around Africa. They pretty much all taste the same. The performances are good but not amazing. Then come all the sets of birthday celebrations… they wanted to charge me for a soda that was included with my dinner and made me wait like half an hour. I didn’t want to pay for the principle… Avoid it!
- sherrimS8925HS00Most amazing experience ever!!!!!We had the most amazing time ever. This will definitely be an African experience for the first timers. The constant food(from all parts of Africa) Constant interactive entertainment and dancing. I will definitely go back before I leave,and return when I visit again. The staff does not disappoint!!!
- desresobreira00No refundOur reservation was canceled by the restaurant because they were over booked! I have send an email to change the date but did not receive an answer or refund! Very unprofessional.
- Carissa C00A must in Cape Town! Best dinner show ever!Highly-recommended! Pick-up & drop-off was easy. The restaurant was amazing — the food, the show, dancing & drumming, face-painting, excellent customer service. They surprised me with a birthday song & a free shot of chocolate liquor. Book this dinner show you will be amazed!
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.
Buy it with
Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour provided by African Eagle Day Tours
Product Overview: Soweto & Johannesburg Half Day Tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos