Bears, Trains, & Icebergs Itinerary:
9:45 AM – Glacier Discovery TRAIN Departs Anchorage
11:00 AM Train Departs Girdwood for Girdwood Passengers
11:30 AM Disembark Glacier Discovery Train at Portage 1st Stop for BEARS & A Visit to the AK Wildlife Conservation Center.
11:30 – 1:00 PM Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center Visit (AWCC)- Alaska’s Premier Wildlife Sanctuary for injured and orphaned big game Alaska animals. Guaranteed Wildlife viewing and a guided interpretive tour of the center.
1:00 PM Catered Sack Lunch Provided, Return to Portage Station & Original Train Seats.
1:25 PM Train Departs Portage 2nd Stop for Spencer Glacier Whistle Stop
1:45 PM Train Arrives Spencer Glacier Whistle Stop
2- 4:45 PM Spencer Iceberg & Placer River Float – 2 Hours on the Water. View picturesque icebergs at Spencer Glacier Lake on the Hallmark River Float that put Spencer Glacier on the Map and got the AK Railroad to bring the Glacier Discovery Train to Spencer Glacier.
5-5:15 PM Return Via Train to Portage Station
5:30 PM Anchorage & Girdwood Guests Board Motorcoach Bus for Quicker Transportation back to original boarding location of Anchorage or Girdwood.
5:45 PM Motorcoach Arrives Girdwood
6:45 PM Motorcoach Arrives Anchorage
• Perfect Float for ALL AGES. We have had guests as young as 1 and wise guests into their 90’s on this trip.
• Lunch is provided. Please let us know of any dietary requests ahead of time.
• We provide rubber boots, rain poncho (If it is a rainy day), & Personal Flotation Device (life vest).
• Bring warm clothes & layers, extra socks, a hat & gloves. These are more important in August & September, but nice to have in June & July with AK’s unpredictable weather.
• Most guests bring their cameras, we can’t guarantee that they won’t get wet, but you should get great photos.
• Placer River Float is a Class I to II (With High Water), mellow braided river, no big rapids. Most guests will not get splashed with water. If you are concerned about getting splashed request a spot in the raft that is NOT “splashy” when speaking to your guide.