Your breath-taking, adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel and a relaxing private drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside on an air-conditioned transportation and recent model deluxe vehicle or mini bus. Destination will be Tarcoles River and Playa Bochinche In our adventure center, before you begin your journey, you will receive instructions and then take a test run on our specially designed private track. From here on, your guide will lead you along the jungle trails, Teak plantations, 14 crossing rivers sometimes-bumpy, dirt paths real rainforest, viewpoints and 2 different beaches. If weather allowing, you can take a quick swim at Bochinche Beach, a pristine and almost private beach where we will have a break. The driving time and Buggy tour last 2 hours. After the adventure tours, enjoy a boat tour in Tarcoles River for enjoy the rich wildlife After the experience, you will enjoy a delicious lunch before to make the way back to your hotel in San Jose.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Enjoy a delicious buffet lunch at El Jardin
- Bottled water
- Buggy Tour in the forest, rivers and beaches
- Private transportation
- Private Guide
- Tarcoles River boat tour for admire the huge crocodiles
- Countryside driving back and forth from San Jose. Enjoy the beautiful view along the way
- El Jardin souvenir´s store and restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Garabito Municipality
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up at all hotels in San Jose area. If your hotel is not listed please send hotel name and address
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26853P59
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose?
- Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose price starts from $275.00. Discover and book Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose on Tripadvisor
- What is the Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose cancellation policy?
- Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose?
- Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose is hosted by Greenway Nature Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Greenway Nature Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose on Tripadvisor
We can help
If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26853P59Call now:
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Riders AdventuresStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Crocodile Man Tour The OriginalStop: 2 hoursSee details
- 3El JardinStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Greenway Nature Day Tours
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Joined in October 2009
#4 of 41 Tours & Activities in Puerto Limon
- H2802GUrobertw00Sloth tourThe tour operator never turned up... end of story... they said when I telephoned after waiting for 30 minutes that they did not have our ship recod=rded as in the harbour that day andyet I had 2 E mails from them confirming the day and the time etc...
- Mary W00Very knowledge and courteous!Josueh was very knowledgeable and thorough in his explanation of geology, geography, flora and fauna, and history. He was very professional and courteous! Our driver was more than accommodating, willing to stop for a special request. Great experience!
- tamaracN8981OJ00Irazú tourMy visit to Irazú Volcano, this visit was very interesting, the tourist guide is funny and give me very good information about the Volcano and Lankaster Botanical Garden, I see flowers of different species, the guide Alberto talked about the central valley, the agriculture is mainly the onion, potatoes, and the different animals, we saw some orange rocks that contained sulfur from the Volcano, I love this trip.
- paus50900VolcánI liked a lot the school tour, our tour guide was talking in English, I liked that, in Irazu Volcano was too cold and was a little cloudy, I enjoyed that I learned some things about the Irazu Volcano, and the Lankester Botanic Garden has a lot of plants, it's a wonderful place
- tam001500tour to IrazuOn Monday June 26, we went on a tour to the Irazu volcano with friends, classmates and the English teacher, the entire bilingual apartment was to learn more about the volcano and its interesting facts. The guide gave us an incredible service and very good information, we put our English into practice with the tour guide and with our colleagues, that helped us to speak more without being embarrassed. Something that we really liked was learning more about the pink pineapple that Costa Rica produces only because of its climate change. But amazing service.
- mar_aannelisev202300School tripIn this educational tour we had a tourist guide who helped us to get to know the places we went to, which were the Irazu volcano and the Lankenster gardens, in which we saw a diversity of landscapes, firstly the Irazu volcano that was covered in mist very cold, then we were on our way to a crater called Diego de la Haya, we walked near the volcano where we could see the lagoon and a lot of ash from the volcano itself, the tour guide explained to us about the minerals that could be extracted from the volcano such as sulfur or iron , among others. After that, we went to the lankenster gardens, we started with the green house of orchids discovered by different people in different generations of Costa Rica, we continuously went to the Japanese garden, the path was covered with bamboo trees with emblematic entrance to Japan, there were an oriental hut with a pond full of Japanese fish and a bridge to take pictures. We went to the cactus garden in which there were a variety of plants with unique names, along the way there were a variety of ferns and insects such as golden-backed spiders. On the tour, many things were learned about the resident place of attractions, which is Cartago, where it is full of pastures, farm animals, crops of different types of vegetables and fruits such as potatoes, tomatoes, strawberries, bananas, and about their daily activities. .
- koOdama00Lankaster tourI liked seeing the koi fish In the lagoons, they had bugs that looked funny and there were very beautiful flowers, I saw black bamboo, They also explained to us that watermelon is a plant like a flower and that monkeys eat it so if we get lost in the forest we can eat it
- korinam62600Trip experienceI really enjoy the tour, it was a nice and comfortable trip. The bus was clean and nice. The Volcano had a nice view. And the Lankester Botanical Garden, was really pretty and the Koi fish were amazing, it was a Shake we count enjoy it for a long time
- 693jimenaa00one day in cartagolast June 26 we had school trip to Irazu Volcano and Lankester Botanical Garden, our tour guide name was alberto he was very kind, during the trip he was giving us different information about Cartago, volcanoes, species and what we can find in our country. First we went to the volcano, where our guide gave us even more information, we went to eat at a restaurant and then joined the other group in lankester botanical garden where we met the other guide called Jesus who was also very kind, everything on the trip was very good.
- Armandokito070800The irazu tourMy review of the tour, the tour was very interesting because I didn't expect the guide to explain to us, he explains the volcanoes very well, I really liked the Irazu volcano because of the beautiful view and drawing in the ash, seeing the craters is Very interesting, in the Lankester Botanical Garden I really liked the part of Japan because I like everything in Japan, the Japanese bamboo houses are very good and interesting, the fish are also very cute The bus was very comfortable and the driver drives very well
- Angel_ayami00Trip to Irazu Volcano anda Lankester Botanical GardenThe Tour was quite calm and beautiful, since the course of the trip the tour Guide explained or gave information about the places through which we passed on the tour. It was quite calm to be seeing the landscape and listening to the guide talk about various things. In the Lankester Botanical Gardens, there were many interesting spaces with plants that I did not know before and in the Irazu volcano you could hear the echo when you spoke.
- ari_14_2100School tripOn Monday, June 26 I had the opportunity to visit the irazu volcano and lankaster botanic garden on a school trip, what I liked most about this trip were the gardens, I thought they were an incredible place to visit with my friends and learn about the different plants that exhibit there, the trails were also my favorite things, since they are surrounded by nature and I think it's an amazing thing, Alberto seemed to me a kind person, I learned a lot about the volcano with the information he gave us along the trip.
- KappaSuzy00Olé! to Britt's café1Britts has the best coffees, shopping and entertainment. This was my 3rd time to tour the "plantation." Very educational, coffee tasting sublime, and tour was historical, amusing, and never boring, I recommend their products and I often order online from Miami.
- alexhV305JK00Wonderful adventure!My trip was wonderful -- I can't say enough good things about Mario and his team! I was travelling solo, and they worked with me to customize the itinerary to be exactly what I needed alongside a work trip I had right before. All of the guides and other staff members were very professional, kind, and prepared. Pickups were on time, and even mundane drives were filled with interesting information and good conversation. Special shoutout to Alberto, who took me to Tortuguero and was so knowledgeable about wildlife (and whose keen eyes spotted some spider monkeys on the drive home, enabling us to stop and see them and some howler monkeys). A true highlight! But everyone was wonderful -- definitely recommend.
- BeckyH6900Safety big issueLost in Rainforest....beware! We took this tour with the Skywalk and Tarcoles Crocodile Tour. We were about 25 min. late getting started. It appeared they were waiting for guests, but holding 29 people waiting for 2 that never showed seemed excessive. Our head tour guide was informative and bus driver well qualified but that was the good points. Everyone was confused when we took a side trip to drop 4 people off for a trailer ride. Next we were dropped off at trail head. This was cruise ship passengers packed full of 60-90 year olds. After a few minutes of information shared with the group along the trail we were encouraged to rapido...rapido. We crossed 2....not 3 bridges and went back to the bus. It was beautiful and exciting! Most of the passengers, both tour guides and the bus driver were at the bus. Soon the main tour guide tells us we had person needing help on the trail and he sent the other guide back. After about 10 min. he gets a call from number 2 that he needed more help. Another 10 min. and an elderly passenger returned apologizing to all of us. The guides had no water, first aid kit, or cool rags. The man was clearly suffering from heat exhaustion. Number 2 guide starts to count passengers and realizes we are still missing 3 people. He gets sent back out, since they hadn't walked "rapido" they got separated and took 2 wrong turns....they were found and walked back with no problems, while the rest of us waited....total now 45 min on the bus waiting for everyone. Why wasn't there a guide at the back of the group!!!! We are all worried about getting back to the ship in time. The guide made jokes about it several times but still took time to stop at an overpriced gift shop for 40 min. where the staff ate a free lunch at the buffet. The rest of us looked around for a few min. grabbed a snack and stood and waited because the bus was locked. We did make it for the free fruit stop and the crocodile tour which was all nice. I liked the tour, but safety was a big issue...beware!
Buy it with
Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose provided by Greenway Nature Day Tours
Product Overview: Jungle & River BUGGY Exploration. Private Tour from San Jose
Number of Photos