Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, Spanish
What's not included
- All activities
- Bilingual guide - English and Spanish
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Locker & Change-room
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Spa Treatments
- Sun block, bug repellent and other necessities (some available for purchase)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Make sure we can contact you in Costa Rica, so we may confirm tour, time and exact location the day before tour.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9062P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Bring: Comfortable clothing, insect repellent & comfortable walking shoes, bathing suit, sunscreen, rain jacket & extra clothing (in case of inclement weather conditions)
- Must be in good health, physical condition and a competent swimmer
- A refundable cash deposit toward locker and towel use may be required.
- A vegetarian lunch option is available. Please advise at time of booking if required
- There is a possibility of cancellation or change due to weather conditions at the site. You will be offered refund or alternative if known in advance and an alternative if occurs on route.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions. Pick-up time and location will be communicated once we know where you are staying.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa?
- Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa price starts from $149.00. Discover and book Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa on Tripadvisor
- What is the Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa cancellation policy?
- Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa?
- Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa is hosted by Blue River Hot Springs Eco-Adventure Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Blue River Hot Springs Eco-Adventure Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9062P7
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Blue River Hot Springs Eco-Adventure Tours
Joined in January 2012
#1 of 1 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Rincon de La Vieja
- larynes00Great experience - beautiful sceneryThis was a really fun day. The bridges were a little scarey but very safe - just that they move when you walk across them! Our guide was Marco and he was great!! Falls were beautiful - water VERY cold... hot spirngs were really cool - several different springs with all different temperatures. Got to experience the mud bath as well! Lunch with the group was good - had a great time!
- Pamela O00One of the most magical placesThis was one of the most amazing places I have ever stayed at (and I've been to 48 countries)! The staff was incredible. The Cathedral Waterfalls hike was phenomenal. I loved the hot springs, butterfly and humming bird gardens. It was great breakfast was included in the lodging. The room was large and had a sweet hammock. Not that you should do it here, but if you need to do Zoom video calls, the Wifi is very reliable.
- Michael M00Nosara is BeautifulDo not drive down the 160 to get to Nosara! Take the route through Nicoya. The 160 has rivers and very bad roads you have to drive through. I was there in the off season so not busy but I’d recommend the Guilded Iguana for a resort. The other resort I stayed were too small and not enough staff and not private enough to feel safe.
- Lela10097900Great ExperienceExcursions guided by Kevin and the beautiful landscape of the resort. Price was very reasonable and everyone one pleasant.
- jessieeritter00Rincón de la Vieja Adventure Parks packs a lot of fun into one dayThis is what we did our first full day in Costa Rica. We chose this activity because in incorporated several different activities into one. We went horseback riding, tubing, zip lining and did a mud bath at the hot springs. For our group, the tubing was a highlight. It wasn’t your average leisurely trip down the river but was full of rapids and fun. We also really enjoyed the hot springs to end our day. The zip lining was fun, but at times the lines on the platforms got backed up, and as a person who is afraid of heights, that was kind of scary. We booked this adventure through Tico Tours, who also provided private shuttle service from our Air BnB and water and beer along the way.
- Chris B00Tarzan Swing is a hoot!This was a really great, well-rounded day trip out of Coco. We took a comfortable tourist bus the roughly 2 hours out to the Blue River resort. Along the way, our driver Hugo spotted a family of howler monkeys in a tree, so we stopped and pulled over for pics. We really appreciated him keeping his eyes out for wildlife! Then, we stopped at a great little local coffee shop in one of the villages and then on to the resort. The zip lining is fantastic - over waterfalls and canopy - 8 great lines, a couple of which you have to do upside down to make sure you make it all the way! Then, you end with the Tarzan swing across the valley - whoa, that was cool! And, finally, we had some fantastic local lunch and then spent a couple of hours exploring the resort property. They have hot springs, a couple of pools, butterfly and hummingbird habitats and a mud bath. It's a bit run down and the mud bath is not much of an event, but overall, it was a nice experience. The only reason for 4, not 5 stars, is the communication from the resort wasn't that great - I had to call them to get the info on when a driver was picking us up and to ensure they had us on the list! But, otherwise, a great family outing.
- Coastal2347636651600One day tourVery beautiful. Water was cool at the waterfall but the springs were very warm. Food was also very good here.
- mauvin10600Just beautiful!!They are the best! All was better than perfect! They help us make my wedding proposal! It was perfect! Thanks everybody! My and my Future wife are very happy! Every detail was perfect! Thanks!
- 425wendyp00Checked something off my bucket listHiking the rainforest and swimming in the waterfall was the highlight of our entire trip. It was absolutely breathtaking! The food was good as well. The mud baths made my skin so soft too which was an added bonus. Even the rain made the experience surreal as it was just a beautiful mist to experience the rain of the rain forest
- menudeldia00Not what we expectedWe booked the whole day Nexus excursion in April. After 2 hours long ride, we arrived there and were welcome with natural drinks. Our guide Frank was knowledgeable and tried hard to show us Flora and Fauna around the resorts and the trials. The trial itself is not the "rain forest" we expected. Pretty dry and without dense vegetation. Limited birds. No toucan or macaw. Water falls are pretty small. River is yellow, not blue. The resorts is not big. There is a humming birds area and a butterfly area. A sloth in the tree you could not hardly see. Lunch is so-so.
- David F00Wanted to experience rainforest and hotsprings, Dinosaurs not so much.We did this tour, or a similar one, in 2012. While the rainforest walk and hot tub/hotel visit remain enjoyable, found the Dinosaur walk kind of lame. Perhaps a family with young people would enjoy them, as they are well constructed, but I found them out of place and unnecessary on a nature based tour. The walk through the gardens, humming bird area, mud baths and thermal pools were all relaxing and enjoyable. The lunch provided was also very good. Should we return we will find a tour that skips the dinosaurs walk and focuses on nature. Our guide Walter and driver were both great.
- maybelline7900Cute resort but expensive especially for a day excursionWe were sold this tour via the Nexus company from the Riu resort. Our guide really promoted this company listing all the cool things we can do at this resort such as animal watching, hot springs, horse back riding, and zip lining. I feel Nexus gets a HUGE commission for bringing tourist here! However, i feel this sales pitch was quite deceiving. Nexus/Sunwing misguided us on what there really is to do during the day trip to the Blue River. Don't get me wrong, our Nexus guide was wonderful! She was amazing and very knowledgeable but because of the time constraint most of the activities that were advertised we never go to do. We saw 1 Toucan in the park but since it's not an animal sanctuary you will be lucky if you see more. The garden and waterfall was nice but for the amount of money we paid we would rather do other things with that money. The mud bath is basically a bowl with mud where you lather yourself. (It's not like the dead sea). The sales pitch made it sound as though we were be soaking in a mud bath and hot springs. The hot springs were the best part of the resort. Also the lunch was delicious. The meal was better than the resort we stayed in. However it's still not worth $115 US. Overall, I feel this resort is great if you were to book a night here. However, I do not recommend booking a daytrip here as a tour. $115 US is way too much for this. There is no horse back riding, no zip lining, and no animal spotting with a daytrip because of time. Had I known I would have spent that money elsewhere. There are better excursions out there!
- karenkX4735LP00Beautiful and refreshingWe took the waterfall tour while staying at the blue river resort. The waterfalls were amazing and the swim at the end was so refreshing and fun. My tip would be to stay at the blue river resort for a day or two. It is not an easy drive to the resort and it is so nice you should spend some extra time there.
- Serguei S00Trip from Pacific Shore to Rain Forest on a Volcano SlopeWe took excursion from RIU Palace at Pacific coast. It was advertised as Blue River Rain Forrest. A guide picked us up from the resort and drove to the Blue River Hotel on a slope of volcano. There were nice botanical garden, hot sulfite springs with 3 various temperature pools and "natural sauna", humming birds and butterfly sanctuaries a lot of other wild life while on walking tour along the mountain stream to a waterfall. There is also Dinosaurs attraction (a number of plastic creatures roaring from bushes) but we had no kids to excite them. So the tropical forest / Blue River part was very enjoyable and easy. The bus trip to the place and back was a bit long and part of the road was rough. Please be advised that insect repellent, hiking shoes and long sleeves are recommended. There is always possibility of rain any time any season: it is RAIN forest. Guide was knowledgeable and really nice!
- Nicole J00NiceBeware of the mosquitos ! The place is nice, rooms are big and well equipped. People are helpful and happy. Pools are nice warm but we decided not to use them because of the rain and cold temperature.
Buy it with
Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa provided by Blue River Hot Springs Eco-Adventure Tours
Product Overview: Water Tubing and Hot Springs Eco Adventure at Rincon de la Vieja from Playa Hermosa
Number of Photos