8:00 am - to 8:30am: Pick-up by bi-lingual guide from regions of Liberia, Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa or Panama Beach at your hotel/apartment. Time and place to be communicated in advance. Be prepared to leave behind the dry Savannah and enter the lush rain forest only found on the Caribbean side of Rincon de la Vieja volcano.
10:00am: Arrive at Blue River Resort & Hot Springs for a welcome cocktail at the spa. Change clothing & prepare for adventure.
10:30am: Depart for a short drive to a private park on the blue river Rio Azul.
• Depart on foot or through farm and then jungle to reach Rio Azul’s Cathedral Waterfalls. Hike along foot paths to the blue liquid chamber & possibly, take dips into the river. Feel the lush rain forest picturesque periphery, through canyons and thick greenery. feel the magical mysterious surroundings. Listen for the sounds of the river, the howler monkeys, insects and birds.
12:30pm: Return to Blue River Resort to enjoy a delightful lunch.
1:30pm: Choose all or take your choice of:
• Swim, slide and soak in 5 large pools; 3 of them, unique large natural mineral green hot springs; and, 2 fresh water pools with a bullet water slide
• Walk the amazing tropical Botanical Gardens with over 700 varieties of plants, heliconias, fruit-bearing trees, timber-yielding trees, orchid gardens, hummingbird garden, tropical fish ponds and lagoons, turtle ponds, Caiman Lake and Bird Lake.
• Experience the lush tropical Butterfly Gardens with 15 species like the blue morpho.
• Take a natural mud bath between a hot springs and fresh water river and a natural sauna heated from below by the hot springs creek - all inside the botanical gardens.
• See the source of the hot springs bubbling up from the ground at 60 degrees Centigrade
• Visit miniature horses and donkeys
• Unwind some more, with a spa treatment (not included) at the full service Blue River Spa
4:00pm: Depart and return in time for dinner.