Select Date and Travelers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
On clear days it's possible to get spectacular views. Rio Celeste is located in one of the most beautifulareas of Costa Rica. Getting there from La FortunaArea takes around 1 hour and 20 minutes.On arriving atthe park we set off on a 7km (approximately 4 miles)hike which passes by the River Celeste Waterfall, Tenorio Look out point, Blue Lagoon, a greatplace for taking pictures,Borbollones (little geisers)and finally we arrive at Teñideros where mother naturemagically mixes the water of two crystal clear streams,changing the water's color to a beautiful bright, light blue (hence the name "Rio Celeste" or Light-Blue River). After visiting the most beautiful places of this park there is a tough hike back to the park entrance where we have served a delicious, well- deserved lunch.
- You'll start atCallidryas Tours - Sloth tour - Costa Rica.Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Rio CelesteStop: 5 hours - Admission includedn arriving atthe park we set off on a 7km (approximately 4 miles)hike which passes by the River Celeste Waterfall, Tenorio Look out point, Blue Lagoon, a greatplace for taking pictures,Borbollones (little geisers)and finally we arrive at Teñideros where mother naturemagically mixes the water of two crystal clear streams,changing the water's color to a beautiful bright, light blue (hence the name "Rio Celeste" or Light-Blue River).Read more
- You'll end atCallidryas Tours - Sloth tour - Costa Rica.800 metros sur de Entrada principal de Z-13, La 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa RicaSee address & details
Callidryas Tours - Sloth tour - Costa Rica., 800 metros sur de Entrada principal de Z-13, La 21007, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Spotting Scoup
- All Fees and Taxes
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Rio Celeste
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Callidryas Tours
Worthwhile tour to see wildlife with excellent guides
We had a few hours to kill in La Fortuna and decided to check out the Sloth tour, and we are glad we did. The guid…
Best part of the trip-and we haven’t even finished yet!
This tour was so amazing! We decided to do the early morning tour. I’m not a morning person, but I was so excited t…
🐸 BEST 🐍 NIGHT 🦉 TOUR 🕷️ IN THE VOLCANO & FORTUNA AREA
Definitely thumbs up!!! This company works amazing experiences and their tour guides are very professional from the…
It was an amazing experience highly recommended. We spotted a few sloths and took their pictures. The guide was exc…
The tour guide Kaylor was very informed. He showed us so many things we would have never seen on our own. He was fr…
SLOTHS!!! And Toucans!
So much fun!!! We did the early morning tour as a family of four (kids are 10 and 7) - we went early on their reco…
This was an amazing highlight of my trip. Oscar and Gerald knew exactly where to find sloths abs we saw several fam…
So many animals!!
Gerald is a fantastic tour guide and has studied the sloths and birds in such great detail. We were overjoyed to se…
My friend and I took the store with Gerard and the mon, who had eagle eyes and could spot a sloth while driving, an…
This is a great. Low key tour. I was the only person on the tour so the experience was very intimate. The driver / …
Favorite tour in Cost Rica
We were able to see many sloths. The guide we had was very knowledgeable about sloths. He studied a lot about slo…
Did early morning sloth tour with Mike and his amazing driver. We had not seen any sloths during our stay so decide…
We saw baby sloths
We were hesitant to spend so much on this tour but wow was it worth it! Our tour was very successful - we saw 7 slo…
Amazing Hanging Bridges Tour!
We did the Hanging Bridges tour with Isaac (guide) and Alberro (driver). Amazing! We saw a sloth, spider monkeys,…
Better then expected
We took the Sloth tour with Isaac our guide and Ramon our driver. They were prompt picking us up at hotel . Issac i…
- Duration: 8–9 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 304 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Rio Celeste Hike
What time does Rio Celeste Hike start?
Rio Celeste Hike will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Rio Celeste Hike on Tripadvisor
How much is Rio Celeste Hike?
Rio Celeste Hike price starts from $138.67. Discover and book Rio Celeste Hike on Tripadvisor
What is the Rio Celeste Hike cancellation policy?
Rio Celeste Hike cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Rio Celeste Hike on Tripadvisor