Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 13-70, max of 32 per group
Duration: 4–5 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the waterfall included
- safety equipment
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - La Fortuna Waterfall
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118422P18
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall?
- Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall price starts from $95.00. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
- What is the Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall cancellation policy?
- Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall?
- Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall is hosted by Best Activities in Costa Rica. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Best Activities in Costa Rica on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Horseback Ride to La Fortuna Waterfall on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 118422P18
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1La Fortuna WaterfallStop: 4 hours - Admission includedFeel like a jungle explorer as you venture into the lush rain forest around Arenal Volcano on a horseback ride to La Fortuna waterfall.Properly trained Horses are assigned according to your riding experience, so, it does not mind if you have done it before or not. You will have the chance to learn and having fun. After an important safety talk, a guide will take you for a pleasant horseback riding trip of about an hour; next, you will be hiking through the forest and steps for 20 minutes to get to the base of this beautiful waterfall. Once you are there, you can swim, taking pictures or just relaxing for a while. After a final ride of about 45 minutes you'll get back to the horse stable that was the started point. Finally, we will take you to your hotel in La Fortuna.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Best Activities in Costa Rica
Joined in January 2019
#13 of 88 Transportation in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- moniquecur00Best Activities in Costa Rica is not to be trusted!First, the reason we booked this tour is because we wanted the Dbl yellow ATV scooter as shown on their picture. Unfortunately, this turned out to be false and a nightmare. We were robbed! On August 21, we made the ATV tour reservation online with Best Activities Costa Rica and paid with CC. On the day of the tour on September 5th, we were told by this "Pura Vida Gentleman" Alonso, that they could not find our reservation. We showed them our reservation confirmation and payment confirmation. Powered by Peek Payment ID: PMT-QE7WXZG Transaction ID: TXN-7739BKY Order ID: O-R5RAR85 After 10 minutes, with their "Pura Vida Charm", Alonso told me not to worry because they found the reservation through some company that do oversee their online payments and that they were having issues with that company. By then we were not paying attention, because we just came to do our ATV tour and enjoy our vacation. And were not interested in the companies internal issues with their Fintech company. Next, Alonso offered us, on the spot and because it was taking too long, a better price - $300.00 for the tour. And that what we paid initially $519.00 would be refunded back on our credit card within a couple of days. We took them on the offer and approved the refund. We received confirmation within minutes that the amount of 519.00 is on hold to be refunded. Alonso next went and charged the new discounted price offered. We went on our ATV tour, unfortunately the DBL turned out to be a single, and not the one shown on their picture. The seat was burning hot and extremely uncomfortable. After returning home last week we noticed that we did not receive a refund from Best Activities. We went back and forth with WhatsApp and emails for 1 week. one company blames the other for having to do the refund. We filed a claim against Best Activities Costa Rica, and we are waiting for the claim with the credit card company. In the meantime, Do Not trust this tour operator and do not book your ATV tour with Best Activities in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. This is Not "Pura Vida"!
- Erin O00Miguel was our amazing tour guide!Miguel took my family ( four of us, ranging from 29-64) on the 3 in 1 combo tour. We went to the hanging bridges first, and had a great time seeing one howler monkey, a small bat, and lots of nature! The walk was wa out 2.5 miles. Bring a poncho! Then we did the waterfall, 500+ steps down. It was gorgeous! The steps were a work out back up! Finally we took a rainy hike up the volcano lava flow trail. Miguel is really passionate about volcanos and Costa Rica! He taught us a lot about the volcano and history of Costa Rica. And he’s a great photographer, too!
- 313karenes00Fun outdoor experienceThe Go Adventure Park full day tour was very well organized. The staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgable. I felt safe with all the activities. The inner tube ride down the river was very fun. I joked that it was a lazy river, but it was not. I tipped over once, but the guides were right there to help and make us feel safe. They pushed us away from rocks that were not safe. I would not recommend this for someone not physically fit. The zip line and rappel was fun and everything professional and safe. The guides are enjoying themselves which makes it more fun. Lastly the horseback riding was amazing! Victor was our guide and gave us a great ride down to the river. We were able to gallop our horses multiple times. If you like riding horses this is a must do. Ask for Victor. Also the restaurant (Cafe Raul Castano) right next to the office and lockers had wonderful food and an amazing view.
- LubnaOchoA00A MUST in Costa RicaThis was sooooo beautiful and safe. The guides make you feel so comfortable and make sure you have a good time. The view is AMAZING. Costa Rica knows how to do zip lining-they do it right!
- grg2500Seeing sloths through a scope - not up close!Maybe it’s our mistake, but we assumed that we would be able to get fairly close to the sloths. Instead we would walk through the forest and when our guide saw something he would set up a scope and we would have a look through it. It might be really nice if you like that kind of thing, but we found it a bit boring
- emmanR8439KU00Delicious experienceThis was one of the best tours we've done on our trip to Costa Rica. Our guide Kathy was extremely knowledgeable and welcoming. We samples everything and it was fun to get involved in the process, we highly recommend even if you're traveling with kids.
- Alliouagana00A fun time with lots of samplingThis was a fun tour to do. You were able to get a flavor of how 3 different plants are grown and processed into finished products - coffee, cocoa and sugarcane. And you got lots of samples to try of all the products, including a lovely hot cocoa drink. But the best part of the tour was our guide Alex who was simply hilarious. It was not the most in-depth coffee tour I've ever done, but certainly the most entertaining!
- isabellasM7264AW00Highly recommendedAlot of fun!!! Teens enjoyed. Staff great and friendly. Knowledgeable Felt very safe. Beautiful beautiful views. Photographers take nice shots and have go pro camera for video
- Marianna P00Fun way to cool offThe river tubing was a ton of fun. Due to the fact that we had multiple tours each day we spent in La Fortuna, we did not have time to go rafting. This was the perfect options. This is a fast moving river with alternating white water and calm water. The group had 5-6 guides to help us when we got stuck or if anyone felt nervous. The guides were super fun and friendly. This was a short tour, I only wish we could have gone a on a second tube ride!
- navin_a74500Small facility tour in La FortunaThis is a tour of their property in La Fortuna. That's where we went. Axel was our tour guide. He was good. We loved the hour and a half tour of the property. Don't expect to go out to a plantation. This is onsite where they have some coffee trees, cocoa trees, and a small operation. we got to make chocolate, eat cocoa fruit, grind and drink some coffee. We were happy with that kind of tour. if you are looking for a plantation tour, this is not for you.
- frugihoyi00Totally worth itI chose this tour over the Monteverde Coffee tour because I was also really interested in learning about cacao production, and I couldn't be happier about my choice. I've read in reviews that Monteverde goes more in depth with coffee specifically, which makes sense since it's strictly about coffee. But for a person like me, who is not a coffee nerd, I feel like I got the perfect amount of information for now. I learned a lot. My favorite part of the tour though, was the part about cacao. For me, cacao held more mystery so my knowledge has grown a lot and I'm looking forward to sharing it with friends. I found the entire process of turning cacao into chocolate very interesting! The sugar cane part of the tour was shorter, but I think it's just because it's a simpler process, but also very interesting and the drink was delicious! During every part of the tour, you learn the different steps of production, take active part in creating the product, and finally you get to taste. We were a tiny group doing the tour with Jocsan. He is funny, knowledgeable, and speaks English very well. This tour is well worth your time and money.
- Kendra R00Coffee and chocolate lover must!The tour exceeded our expectations! Obviously, being able to sample unlimited coffee and try some of the purest chocolate in itself was amazing! You could tell our guide loved what he did and was extremely knowledgeable! His enthusiasm kept our attention through the tour and demonstrations! Totally recommend!
- KelliFargo00A fun, educational experience to develop an appreciation for the growers who supply our coffeeThe entire tour was informative, interactive, and fun for all ages. My husband and I learned more than we anticipated about growing coffee, sugar cane, and chocolate. Our tour guide, Julio, was witty with a fun sarcasm. The area had plenty of shade and comfortable seating. We did some walking around the property, which was easy due to the marked paths. At the end, we sampled plenty of coffee and hot cocoa (for the children), and purchased a few gifts for friends in their well-stocked gift shop. There were several lovely spots for photos.
- Zanny B00Ask for Miguel!Miguel was our guide for a combo tour: Sloth & Tubing - as a girls day we enjoyed them both! The tubing was relaxing, not at all vigorous water or cold. Just refreshing. We spotted sloths from the river too! Miguel was a funny & attentive guide
- Jana N00Don’t hesitate, just do it!You’re getting picked up at your hotel and they’re very welcoming from the very first second. The guys are really fun, joking around and really aware of what they’re doing! If you’re afraid of heights they know exactly how to distract and comfort you; enjoyed every second of it !