Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 8-65, max of 30 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Bottled mineral water
- Energizing Snacks
- Professional guide
- Walking Sticks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Extra tips
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- You must contact Ecoterra Costa Rica at least 24 hours before your activity date to confirm your reservation and arrange transportation
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa, Diag. 301, Provincia de Alajuela, La Fortuna, Costa Rica If your hotel it not on our list feel free to contact us and check.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7453P8
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum age is 8 years
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park?
- Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park price starts from $112.00. Discover and book Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park on Tripadvisor
- What is the Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park cancellation policy?
- Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park?
- Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park is hosted by Ecoterra Costa Rica. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Ecoterra Costa Rica on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7453P8
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Ecoterra Costa Rica
#38 of 197 Outdoor Activities in La Fortuna de San Carlos
- kitten41600Evening frog excursionGuide was really great and let us find the frogs on our own for the most part. Was an interesting adventure. The dinner at a private home was so lovely and relaxing. A great nature experience.
- Richard E00Maleuk Reserve ToyrWe had a great time our guide from Eco tours was wonderful and the guide from the reserve was friendly and super informative. He did a great job. The tour about the medicinal plants had fascinating information. Don’t forget your bug spray. They served a wonderful lunch.
- E8359JOerics00Fantastic Tour!This tour was awesome! The bridges are very secure but still give you that “Indiana Jones” vibe. Great views of wildlife. Saw a turantula in his spider hole. Recommend 100%!!
- nataliedevlinnn00Ideal for the most adventurous of adventure seekersThis was such a cool experience! My fiancé and I went not really knowing what to expect, but we were in for a treat! While walking through the cave, you are also walking/crawling through a river, so do be prepared to get wet. Fortunately, they provided us with boots, so really no need to worry, just be sure to wear clothes you are okay with getting wet and dirty. I was so shocked by how adventurous this experience was; you are truly crawling through tight crevices, climbing large formations, etc. You will see so many amazing formations and animals (bats, spiders, etc.) and learn a ton about the caves. The guides are super knowledgeable and helpful - they eased my nerves about climbing some of the larger formations and made sure I was safe. We also really enjoyed the commitment of the company to preserving the ecosystems within the caves. We only walk through a portion of the expansive cave to ensure that the caves stay in tact, and they do not put lights throughout the cave which would inherently deter the wildlife that exists. Instead, they provide you with a light on a helmet so that you can see without fundamentally disturbing the ecosystems in place. This is an awesome and totally unique experience that I would highly recommend.
- StephFam202200A wonderful, cultural family experience!We actually had two days with Ecoterra! The first day was the sloth observatory! We were led by Joseway (spelling?) who was absolutely awesome! We had a great experience looking for the sloths! Then we went to family’s house and got to experience their farm, make chocolate from cacao, juice from sugarcane, and eat with her family! It was truly a rich culture experience for the kids! We also did the night walk, which was tons of fun and full of interesting creatures! We then had a beautiful dinner in a family’s home and was able buy some of their homemade crafts! Although I forget the leaders name, he was full of energy and knowledge! Thank you for a wonderful family experience !
- kst3737700Sloths with Elena!Elena picked us up at the hotel and took us to Sloths Territory. We absolutely loved this tour. We were able to see quite a few sloths, including 2 babies!! We got some great pictures and learned a lot about the environment. Both families would highly recommend this tour. Elena was so kind and answered all of kids ridiculous questions!!
- Hannebc1200Uninterested Guide in a rush to get homePoor experience. The guide had no interest in the group and was only showing the way. We walked 4km in difficult terrain, and had only few stops, as it the guide seemed more determined to finish the trail early, than to provide us with an experience. The hike was shortened without any explanation to 4 km and trekking was only two hours.
- Tlaquepaque2100Brilliant Blue River in a Lush Green ForestDaniella was our guide for the Celeste River and Tenorio Volcano National Park hike. She was a wealth of knowledge about Rio Celeste. Toward the beginning of the trail, the waterfall is beautiful (many steps to the viewing platform). At the end of the trail is the mixing point "The Teñideros" where the two rivers join to create the chalky light blue color of the water. This was a full day excursion - Ecoterra picked us up from our hotel around 7:30am, drove us about 2hr to Tenorio National Park. After the hike they drove us 5 minutes to a small restaurant called La Armistad for lunch - the food was delicious. We then drove back to Arenal area and were delivered to our hotel around 3pm.
- amyrY8942XK00Awesome!Awesome day! The company communicated very well from the moment we booked the excursion to the day before with confirmation of pickup place and time. The guide was extremely knowledgeable and able to answer all questions. Group was only 6 people. Would highly recommend.
- Vacation58634600Amazing Farm TourAmazing experience for the whole family. Really enjoyed learning about this family's organic farming. Everyone was so kind and welcoming and lunch was delicious. Highly recommend
- sray7700Great farm experience in Costa Rica!This was the best thing we did in Costa Rica, and that is saying a lot. I grew up on a farm a long time ago in Kentucky, and so this brought back many memories of the family farm to me. This is the way farming was done years ago, when people were close to the land, close to nature. These folks are doing it right! Thank you again for having us!
- Marianna P00Very Special Evening on a family owned farmWe enjoyed this experience of a night walk and dinner on a family owned farm. The home is delightful with a open air terrace with amazing views. After a introduction by the family, we went on night walk where we saw numerous frogs, sloth and more. Afterwards a delicious dinner on the beautiful open air terrace.
- Marianna P00Cool Cave with unexpected monkey siting!We had a wonderful morning on this wild cave tour. It was not like other wild caves I have been to. You need water shoes since you are walking in a stream the entire time. We saw many interesting formations as well as the bats. The biggest surprise was on the 5 minute walk to the cave entrance we saw numerous howler monkeys. Also learned all about the leaf cutter ants.
- Juli G00Great experience to learn about local culture and history. Highly recommendWe learned so much about this very important indigenous tribe. We were a group of three. My 78 year old mother makes documentary films about indigenous people in the US and found the experience very interesting. Highly recommend for learning about the local history and traditions.
- 54jayn00Great trip- lots of amazing viewsFor this trip we were picked up around 10.30 from our hotel and went straight to the volcano hike. We were lucky with the weather and managed to get a great view of the volcano and our guide was lovely. Two other couples were on this tour with us and one had asthma so we made sure we took it slow. To be honest the rest of us were happy to do it slow. After the volcano there was fresh fruit waiting for us all laid out at the bottom which was a great touch. After here we went to the waterfall. Beautiful but be prepared to deal with a LOT of steps. Take water shoes with you as it’s a little rocky. The water is fresh so a far cry from the hot springs in the hotel 😂 After this we went for lunch I’m a nearby restaurant. Only a few options to pick from but I understand this is necessary as when they take big groups it would be difficult to navigate. Very happy we did it all in one day as it felt like a good trip.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Beautiful tour! I think we were the only people in the park. We saw nobody else. Just pure nature. A hidden gem! The guide was very knowledgeable and fun. Everything was very professional and well organized. Would definitely book again with Ecoterra!
Written April 8, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park provided by Ecoterra Costa Rica
Product Overview: Cloud Forest Hike at Juan Castro Blanco National Park
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos