Select Date and Travelers
per group (up to 10)
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
The last dynasty Qing (Empire) collapsed in 1911 and the people's Republic of China (Communist) founded in 1949, what happened in China between 1911 and 1949? It was R. O. C. Republic Of China. For which I would like to refer it as The First Republic and current China is the Second Republic (Communist). Pick up the tour and find out where was city center of Shanghai under The First Republic and how does it look like now? Let's restore the vanished history with your own eyes. With 40+ years opening up, China is no longer a misterious kindom and most of our travellers here are the experienced visitors. Even for the first-time visitor, it's barely a hard job to be on your own with the help of internet and billingual signs everywhere in all of our first-tier cities in China. Obviously you don't need a local guide if merely skimming on those tourist trap. Go with me to withness the history of Shanghai, touch real the life of Shanghai, and feel the heart beating of people in Shanghai!
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Yangpu BridgeStop: 6 hours - Admission excludedThe last dynasty Qing (Empire) collapsed in 1911 and the people's Republic of China (Communist) founded in 1949, what happened in China between 1911 and 1949? It was R. O. C. Republic Of China. For which I would like to refer it as The First Republic and current China is the Second Republic (Communist). Pick up the tour and find out where was city center of Shanghai under The First Republic and how does it look like now? Let's restore the vanished history with your own eyes. City center in Shanghai during The First Repulic of China (1911-1948) Legacy of Former City Hall Wushu musuem (Tue through Sat) Legacy of Former City Library Legacy of Former City Musuem Legacy of China earliest Naval-aviation association in 1933 Old China town alley in Shanghai style Picture time for skylines in Lujiazui area Walking on the BundRead more
- guide service.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Private transportation
- Entrance tickets
- Entry/Admission - Yangpu Bridge
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Adam Tour-Day Tour
Thank you Darren, you were great guide and assistant in our Shanghai travel
Our trip to Shanghai was a great adventure and Darren played an important role, helped us planning it, guiding us i…
Great tour with accommodation to my handicapped wife.
Ideal day in Shanghai. Combo of car with driver and limited walking. We saw all of the highlights and had a great d…
Fantastic trip, fondest memories!
Darren accompanied us on our trip from Shanghai to Nanxun, spending the entire day with us. He arranged all local t…
We spent the day with Darren, who spoke excellent English, listened to what we wanted and planned our day around th…
Great Day and Guide in Suzhou and Tongli
We ( 2 people) have booked a private tour to Suzhou and Tongli with a Russian speaking guide. The whole organizatio…
We had a wonderful 2-day trip to Shanghai, and it's really a beautiful city! Darren was our tour guide, who is a lo…
We booked a day tour for our group of 7 (4 adults and 3 kids) on a Saturday in November. Tom was our guide and we b…
One day in Shanghai
I would like to thank my guide for his informative, comfortable and entertaining tour, for the attentive and friend…
All day tour of Shanghai
I October I hired Darren to lead me and my friend on a day long tour of Shanghai. We had very specific places we wa…
Guided Tour of the French Concession
Darren Gao gave my wife and me a four hour tour of the French Concession in Shanghai this past fall. Darren was out…
High flying review of Shanghai
My fiancée and I decided last minute that while we were in Beijing we wanted to have a tour of the city while we we…
Darren Gao/Excellent Tour!!!
My friend and I hired Darren to give us a private tour of Shanghai. He truly cared!!! He went above and beyond! I…
day guided tour of Shanghai
Darren provided my friend and I a full day tour of Shanghai. As we were part of a structured tour which included s…
Excellent guide with fantastic site knowledge and languages skills. It was very easy to arrange the tour and comm…
Fun Shanghai Tour
My colleague and I hired Darren to show us around shanghai on our day off. We had an amazing time seeing all the ke…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,041 travelers!
Popular: Booked by 2,455 travelers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime
Which attractions will I visit with Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime on Tripadvisor
How much is Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime?
Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime price starts from $150.00. Discover and book Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime on Tripadvisor
What is the Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime cancellation policy?
Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime?
Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime is hosted by Adam Tour-Day Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Adam Tour-Day Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Legacy in Shanghai before communist regime on Tripadvisor