Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Vivie
- Alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- Shanghai, China Please meet your host Vievie at her home in Near Jiaotong University and Xinhua Road of Shanghai. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P399
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Fully refundable up to 48 hours prior to experience; since our hosts begin preparing for your experience up to 2 days in advance, we cannot offer a refund for cancellations made within 48 hours of the experience
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Private, personalized experience
- Please note, this is not a commercial cooking class, rather this experience is a visit into a Shanghai home to meet a local who is an expert cook, and share Chinese culture and cuisine together.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local?
- Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local price starts from $69.75. Discover and book Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local cancellation policy?
- Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local?
- Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P399
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in April 2017
#7 of 62 Classes & Workshops in Shanghai
- min_suuuu00Such a special experience in Shanghai !It was such a nice experience!! Anna and her mom were so kind, sincere and friendly. I could have a look and get an explanation about making dumplings with various ingredients and sauce. She took photos during the class and made a cute video! She also gave me a recipe on e-mail. It was a perfect time. I highly recommend this experience if you have interest in cooking healthy and traditional Chinese food!
- badgers7800Fantastic market visit and cooking experience in ShanghaiWe spent half a day with Anna. We took a short cab ride to a local intersection where we met Anna. We walked to a nearby market to get the ingredients. The market was an experience in itself with everything from from fish and meats to eels to chicken feet to all types of indigenous vegetables. We enjoyed seeing everything that was available and Anna's interactions with the vendors. We then returned to Anna's home to prepare the dumplings. She guided us through the process and was worked easily to tailer our experience to our level of cooking competence. We worked together to chop and dice the various ingredients into three distinct filling mixtures - one pork and two veggie. We then rolled out the dough and filled and formed the dumplings. These were steamed or fried and then eaten. Anna's mother joined us at the end to help and we all enjoyed our creations. They were delicious. Anna's gentle instruction made us feel very comfortable and confident. After our visit Anna sent us a photo compilation of the event and the recipe. We believe cooking together is the best way to gain a connection with local cultures and people. This experience was exceptional.
- H976VOkarenh00Ana in ShanghaiLoved my time with Ana, market tour, cooking....and finally eating those delicious dumplings! Highly recommended!
- FaithNYC00Great experience with AnaAna and her mom were very gracious and sweet. It was a great private tutorial making dumplings and she will customize the menu for what you want. We made them at home and they turned out great!
- I3238XImikep00Cooking dumplings with Ana!Was one of the best parts of our trip to Shanghai. If you come to Shanghai and skip this experience it would be a shame. Ana and her Mom were so hospitable, friendly and amazing cooks!
- steng110600We Love Anna!Me and my two friends signed up for this class during our week-long trip to Shanghai. We really enjoyed getting to know Anna and she was so sweet throughout the entire experience! We made a total of three different dumpling types (pork with fennel, pork with celery, and a vegan filling) and we had so much fun learning how to make the wrappers, mix the fillings, and wrap the dumplings. Before that, we also went with Anna to the local market to buy ingredients. It was truly an immersive experience and Anna was so welcoming to us in her home, where she also cooked us tomato egg drop soup to go with our dumplings. I could not recommend this experience enough!
- Touristlookingaround00Great culinary experienceAna explained me inside the market many medicinal properties of different vegetable for one’s health. She showed a lot of patience until I almost got the folding of dumpling right. I was amazed to see all what can be prepared in the kitchen with just two chopsticks. I spend a very interesting and pleasant evening with both Ana and her mother and can highly recommend this interesting experience in their company.
- Martin H00Cooking Baozi and hot sour soup with Anna and her mumMy daughter and I wanted to know how to make filled steamed buns , so Anna got together the ingredients and showed us , from the dough to the filling and cooking. We also had time to make some fried filled pancakes from the leftover dough . Despite being pushed for time ( we were late , coming from deep South Shanghai) Anna also showed us how to make a delicious hot and sour soup . We will be attempting all three recipes when we get home. It was a great experience - Anna and her mum are patient and fun thanks very much
- laf81200Authentic and genuine experienceI booked this cooking class as a birthday presentation for my Husband and it was such an enjoyable and authentic experience. Anna tailored the dishes to our request and it was lovely to be welcomed into her home. She put so much heart and effort into each dish and teaching us about the different benefits of each ingredient. It feels great to also support someone who is truly genuine about putting together an educational and authentic experience for people who want to learn how to make local dishes. Highly recommend if you want a cooking class that is off the beaten track!
- WalkSign00Authentic dumplings cooking lesson coupled with interesting conversation!If you're looking for a very authentic experience of making (and then eating!) dumplings while in Shanghai then choose this! I really enjoyed the evening I spent with Anna in her home. Anna is friendly and knowledgeable. It was a fun way to learn about making dumplings. I can't say that I was very good at rolling the dough into small circles (mine were always oval!) or creating the best folds while forming the dumplings. However Anna was full of compliments and also provided a lot of assistance.
- Carmelmom00Cook like a localI was surprised that I had booked a private experience, but was comfortable with it as Michael moved the morning along and the whole experience was interesting to me. There was a group class at the other end of our prep work bench and it was fun to see what they were up to too and we interacted with them a little which was fun. I really liked the market visit and Michael had great answers for all of my questions. The food we prepared was delicious and I did learn some new techniques. The cooking school was clean and tidy and the glass walls made for a very pleasant surrounding. Great day!
Buy it with
Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local provided by Traveling Spoon
Product Overview: Private Authentic Chinese Cooking Class in Shanghai with a Lovely Local
Number of Photos