per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: Chinese, English
What's not included
- Private guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cruise terminal pickup and drop-off
- Bottle of water
- Shanghai Visa-Exemption for cruise transit tour groups available (please ensure to contact your local operator at least 2 days prior to your cruise landing if you need it)
- Yuyuan Garden entrance fee
- Jade Buddha Temple entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Jade Buddha Temple
- Entry/Admission - Yu Garden (Yuyuan)
- Personal expense Gratuities (optional)
- Additional attraction entrance fees
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Shanghai Port International Cruise Terminal: No.358 Dongdaming Road, Shanghai
- Wusongkou International Cruise Terminal: No.1 Baoyang Road, Shanghai
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32073P27
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you need Shanghai Visa-Exemption for this shore excursion, please contact your local operator after booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please kindly contact if your cruise is delayed or cancelled in advance
- Please kindly provide your Shanghai city hotel name and info upon booking for drop-off service per-arragment
- Most travelers can participate
- Yuyuan Garden close on Monday, please choose other attractions if your tour on Monday
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch?
- Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch price starts from $152.94. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch cancellation policy?
- Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch?
- Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch is hosted by Amazing Shanghai Trip. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Amazing Shanghai Trip on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 32073P27
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Former French ConcessionStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2Jade Buddha TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3The BundStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 4Yu Garden (Yuyuan)Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Oriental Pearl Tower (Dongfang Mingzhu)Stop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Amazing Shanghai Trip
Joined in June 2016
#1 of 262 Tours & Activities in Shanghai
- Fe_Flyer00Excellent tour with my guide Berlin.I booked this as a private tour in some free time during a business trip. I got VIP service: personal attention from the guide, a car with a driver, and the ability to tweak the tour towards things I was interested in. Berlin arranged all of the admission fees, as well as lunch in one of the more authentic Shanghainese restaurants. She even bought me Godiva ice cream! I particularly enjoyed chatting with Berlin during transit times and around the sites: I learned a lot about Chinese history as well as modern life in China.
- IvayloM800Excellent day trip just half an hour from ShanghaiWe decided to take this day tour to Suzhou as a break from Shanghai during our business trip. It was a great way to experience more of China without having to plan excessively for it. Suzhou itself is quite an interesting place with a nice variety of canals, gardens, and small shops. Our guide Jane was excellent and adjusted very well to our preferences and energy.
- vickil50700Fabulous local guide Xin made this an excellent trip and we highly recommend this trip to other visitors 😃Highly recommend this trip our local guide Xin was amazing & with only a short time in Shanghai this was time well spent😀🙌🏻
- BlueSky92500Best way to see Shanghai in a dayWe only had one full day in Shangai so we wanted to make the most of it. This was the perfect way to see all the main sites. Chloe was amazing, very knowledgeable, so patient, very flexible when plans changed, etc. Highly recommend if you're looking for an overview of Shanghai. Chloe was also super helpful with shopping tips so don't be shy if you're looking for something special. I got all my Christmas shopping done with some extras for me! Highly recommend, thank you!
- F3341PIrajr00Best guide service in ShanghaiJane and Alana helped me see the most important places in Shanghai in record time. I only had a few hrs in Shanghai and so decided to hire private tour guide to help me see the city. They were flexible with the tour by allowing me to add new stops and also upgrading me to ride around the city in a cab. The river cruise was the highlight of my trip!
- first1182400Lovely day in Shanghai with our guide, EstherIt was an amazing day in Shanghai for me and my parents (60+ years old). Our guide, Esther, is very lovely and her colleague, Alana, adjusted the iteraries to match my request. Not too many long walks just perfect distance in the Yu Garden and more in the Jade Buddha temple. And a tasty local lunch which we got to choose the menu we want to try. The afternoon was spent at the modern side of Shanghai from Shanghai tower observary deck (too bad it was quite misty that day) and the TV tower. We ended the day at the Xintiandi street and we were super lucky it was the first day of their Christmas decoration. Really enjoy my day!
- first1182400Amazing day trip with lovely guide, BerlinLove this tour! Our guide name is Berlin and she is amazing. She was waiting for us since before the schedule time at our hotel and guided us through all the itineraries. We took the bullet train and then got picked up by a driver in Suzhou. The parks are lovely with the yellow leaves and the historical street walk are full of snack stalls and shops. The restaurant Berlin took us was the best meal in our trip to China really! Beyond the facts about the attractions I also chatted with Berlin about daily life in China and she was very knowledgeable. She even bought me a milk tea and green tea jasmine ice cream to try! It was a perfect day for us and I would totally recommend this tour!
- RobS357800Food and city sightseeingSuperb service and a amazing experience, would highly recommend, we got to tase local food and see some amazing parts of Shanghai
- IvayloM800The best way to meet ShanghaiA great tour around the most important historic sights of Shanghai. Our guide Mary was local with comprehensive knowledge of the history of the city. We were very lucky to spend the day with her. Everything around the tour was very well organized, especially the transport.
- Jeldimp00Just a perfect day in HangzhouWe went to Hangzhou for a day ,our tour guide was Berlin. She was amazing. We had a very organised scheduled trip. Berlin was very helpful and made our day a very pleasant one. Strongly recommended. Very quick and accurate response
- Tom S00Half Day Private TourSuperb tour by Berlin. Super informative as we saw Shanghai’s main attractions. Our drive was very good and safe navigating the traffic. Would recommend.
- Q4384GYjimb00Great Way to See Shanghai!My guide Jane provided an excellent tour for me in Shanghai, visiting the Yu Gardens, French Concession and the Old Town. We did a lot in the three hours, and I really enjoyed myself on a lovely sunny day. I can highly recommend Amazing Shanghai Trip for adventures!
- Seaside61461300Fantastic TourI can’t say enough good things about this tour. I travel a lot for business and have done a lot of tours, and this is among my favorites so far. My tour guide Xing was knowledgeable, very strong in English, and easy to talk to. The water town was definitely my favorite aspect of the tour with fantastic bargain shopping, beautiful views, and great food. We also visited a garden in Zhujiajaio and the Jade Buddha Temple because the garden in Shanghai was closed due to it being a Monday. In Shanghai, Xing knew the best places to take pictures and was very flexible, but also made recommendations Both the driver and the coordinator in the office (Alana) were also great to work with. Alana was a great communicator and followed up to make sure I was happy with the trip. I highly recommend this tour when you are in Shanghai!
- micklT9342OK00Fun and educational day in ShanghaiTour guide is very friendly and knowledgeable during the tour about the history of the locale and was happy to answer any and all of our questions. The water town was absolutely breathtaking in its beauty, a must-visit in Shanghai. Lunch was surprisingly delicious and transport was very comfortable and safe in the newest electric vehicle (has a massage chair inside!!). Guide speaks fluent English and Chinese.
- edinchiangmai00A very pleasant dayAlana was such a pleasant host and guide. She was on time for our meeting at our hotel and had a very nice EV and driver to drive us to the start of our tour. Our tour included everything as described. Alana solicited pur input on everything including what food to order and how much time we wanted to spend at each stop along the way. She was very informed and shared lots of information during our trip. Alana personality is so pleasant and made for an exceptionally enjoyable day. She even presented my friend and I with her personal selection of one of her favorite teas - far beyond pur expectations. We highly recommend spending the day on a guided tour with Alana.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Dec 2019 • Friends
Six of us had a very enjoyable day with knowledgeable tour guide Snow. We saw the zhujiajiao water village with the boat ride, and lovely garden. The food was excellent in the local Chinese restaurant. We also saw the TV tower and enjoyed the bird eye view from the top. The skywalk on the TV tower was awesome and exciting. We finised the tour in the xintiandi French concession.
Would highly recommend with no reservations.
Would highly recommend with no reservations.
Written December 11, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
Buy it with
Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch provided by Amazing Shanghai Trip
Product Overview: Private Shore Excursion of Amazing Shanghai City Highlights with Lunch
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos