Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour
By Amusing Destinations
Delve into the rich culture of Kolkata, India s intellectual, literary and artistic hub, on this life-affirming 4-hour tour. With your in-the-know guide, explore the city s charming yet chaotic streets and cultural landmarks by foot and air-conditioned vehicle. Absorb the vivid colors and aromas of the flower market; see the mosaic-covered Jewel Box Temple, watch potters shaping clay gods, and more. As you explore, build a picture of how the city became known for its fierce intellectualism, and gain fascinating insight into its peoples’ insatiable creativity and zest for life. • 4-hour Kolkata culture tour by foot and air-conditioned transport, with a local guide • Discover first-hand why Kolkata is known as India s intellectual and cultural capital • Enjoy the colors, scents and sounds of the bustling flower market
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottle of water
- Entry/Admission - Jain Swetamber Dadajika Temple
- Personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up and drop off available for hotel in Kolkata city center
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103694P41
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour?
- Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour price starts from $140.24. Discover and book Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour cancellation policy?
- Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour?
- Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour is hosted by Amusing Destinations. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Amusing Destinations on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kolkata Half Day Sightseeing Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103694P41
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Malik Ghat Flower MarketStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Jain Swetamber Dadajika TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3KumartuliStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
New Delhi, India
Joined in October 2018
#411 of 817 Transportation in New Delhi
- D5461OUsarahz00Do not book this tour. Explore on your own!Do not book this tour. I booked this trip a few weeks in advance and up to the day of the actual tour had not received any information from the company about where our driver would be picking us up or anything. I called the number they had given as a contact but the number does not exist. Finally we got into contact with the company through which they shared our guide details. He showed up an hour late and we found out that he does not speak English (which was our requested language) and he was not a guide but only a driver, which is not what we paid for. After another hour of being on the phone with the company they were searching for a guide for us which would have required another hour of waiting. In the end we cancelled it and left very unhappy. Plus the price is outrageous especially because 2/3 of the activities where it says "Admission included" are free temples. Better off exploring alone!
- Martin_1385700You must do this trip!Rishikesh was great, we took a boat across Ganges then walked the suspension bridge back. The visits to ashrams were amazing. We then went to Hardiwar for Aarti ceremony, such a spiritual place, I have felt blessed by the experience Our driver Ajay was phenomenal and attentive, a great driver who never blew his horn and he speaks excellent English. This trip is a must!!
- axelsL1196YB00Yes, it happened! - here at DEL airport, New Delhi for the first time, january 20 years ago. :)Yes, it happened! - here at DEL airport, New Delhi for the first time 20 years ago. :) Not really a review here, - perhaps more of a recollection! Thinking in this connection of G.D. Robert's book "Shantaram" and the chapter on money exchange :) Upon arrival at the airport early in the morning after immigration, the first thing was to exchange money for taxi, food and hotel stay. In addition, delivered train tickets were to be paid to the hotel on arrival. (e-tickets were not commonplace yet, this time) I found money exchange and the queue for foreigners. I still remember that bank clerk; wearing a lovely new leather jacket - the only one among the other 8-10 clerks. Professional and quick exchange, counting by hand, receipt and "next thank you" :) I didn't notice anything, later in the hotel room I realized that a note was missing, about NOK 125.- :) Ok guys; being vigilant still applies!! Good trip and lots of great experiences!
- G5020UNmartina003rd party not tour company and then cancel and n youOnce made reservation for august i asked questions if hotel was a pick up spot and time. They replied w we will let your know day before and i once again asked if hotel was pock up spot. Then they said we will get in contact with company. So looks like this is third party not tour company. And then all of sudden they cancel tour saying they cant offer at this price. My thoughts is why is it offered at that price and then they arent willing to fulfill . Going to avaid this company because i have no faith or trust in them to fulfill an agreement. And date i went wasnt til august but below would not allow to select
- anandsethi7200Horrible Customs in the wroldI have traveled all over the world. In Africa I have even bribed customs officers despite having a valid visa on my passport. But IGI International airport takes the cake. It is the worst experience anyone can ever encounter. First there are only 2 officers per counter and the queues are very long. The new irritating feature to scan your finger prints and their machine is always dirty and cannot read fingerprints takes about 45-50 mins on each passenger, hence the long queue. The officers are old, slow and no cameras on them, they can take break anytime they want, stretch for as long as they want, there is no accountability. One of the worst immigration attitude in the world. Instead of easing the pain of tourist arriving by night flights they enjoy giving extra pain by taking their own sweet time and an average 45-50 mins per passenger. Horrible, horrible experience even after covid, India has just gone 50 years backwards in primitive times. Not proud to be an Indian when I see my fellowmen acting so lethargic, slow and care free attitude with no empathy whatsoever. Worst officers at customs on planet earth!! Welcome to new India!!
- Madeyemom00Easy, safe way to see museumsMy driver picked me up at my hotel, took me to the museums of my choice, and also took me to a very good restaurant for lunch. Navigating Delhi is tricky. He cut through the chaos beautifully, and the National Museum of Delhi is not to be missed.
- RichardB638800great day tripWe found this provide online prior to our arrival in Ahmedabad on 2/6 and scheduled a 4 hour day trip to see some of the highlights of the city. Our drive Vijay was very responsive on whatsapp, was punctual and also understanding when we had a last minute delay in the pickup time. He greeted us with a smile as we walked out of the hotel and was open to seeing the sites we wanted versus what we had originally signed up for. Taking us to the atm for a quick stop before site seeing was not an issue and he had a lot of good information about the different areas of the city as well as recommendations of things to see that we had not otherwise considered. We never felt any time pressure to get in and out of a location nor to be constrained to by a time limit. I would definitely use this company again.
- SohiniV-900REFRESHINGVisited Rishikesh in Dec 2nd week. We assumed it will be cold but it was Sunny & very pleasant, enjoyed thoroughly the day along with visiting Neelkanth Temple , Beetles Ashram, Parmarth Ashram, Relaxing at the Ghat , Evening Arti at Triveni Ghat & amazing food. We stayed at Hotel Indira Nikunj. It was a comfortable stay along with delicious food. They conduct yoga session in morning as well . The location is within city & easily approachable. Few good food joints : German Bakery near Laxman Jhula, There Pizzas are amazing but prices are a bit on higher side. Rajasthani Sweets Mishthan Bhandar: Amazing food in great price. Hotel Indira Nikunj: Food is really delicious & also pocket friendly. The essence of Rishikesh is a juncture of Religious as well as Adventurous due to the availability of different sports activity & Temples. It has a very Old World Charm yet youth full.. Looking forward to visit again.
- Singh00300Excellent facility, World class serviceVery clean and world class service . The moment we land at Delhi airport felt very good . I would rate IGI as one of the best airport I have seen . Washrooms are very clean . I like the brown carpet at the airport . 5 stars for IGI ✈️
- dreperu20160024 items in three hours by tuktukThis tour- (in our case without the night market which you better visit by yourself unless you're willing to loose on commission) is a good way to see 70% of the cities' highlights with private guide/driver, although driving in Ahmedabad is somewhat challenging because of the very noisy , hefty traffic
- nataliabasbertran00Raj was a great guideWe had a wonderful experience around Delhi with Raj as our guide. He was very kind, knowledgeble and professional. He went out of his way to show us everything we were interested in. He speaks English, Japanese and Spanish fluently. I definitely recommend him. The car and driver were excellent too. Great company overall.