Watch the best heritages of Calcutta, and learn the history of the city of joy.
Itenary and highlights of the tour: Meeting point, entry gate of Oberoi Grand hotel esplanade.
• Start the tour. Transfer to north Calcutta by Metro railways.
• Walk starts with licensed guide.
• Visit the old native’s area in Calcutta, see zamindar buildings and royal palaces aged more than 250 years.
• Visit the first Gymnasiu , first pharmaceutical shop of India.
• Live the history as you walk through the lanes and alleys of north Calcutta where war of Independence was fought.
• Learn the story of Calcutta before the British came.
• Visit the Kumartuli. Here watch how men make the idols of God, featured in National geographic.
• End the tour with sipping tea in the banks of river hoogly and parting with smiles.
Tour Duration: 3 hours
Starts At: Outside Oberoi Grand Hotel or At hostel or your hotel.
• You can carry INR 500-INR 1,000 for food expenses and shopping of soveineirs.
• Photographers and cultural enthusiasts who'd like to know Old Calcutta better!
• Carry a valid photo ID and your camera. Wear shoes and comfortable dress for the walk.