Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata
By SITA World Tours
On this day-excursion from Kolkata, visit the hometown of the Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. Located about 100 miles northwest of Kolkata, Shantiniketan embodies Rabindranath Tagore’s vision of a place of learning that is unfettered by religious and regional barriers. Visit the Vishva Bharati University and Tagore's home. Highlights • Vishva Bharati University campus • Tagore’s home and museum • Prayer Hall
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food or drink, unless specified
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal We will pick up traveler from their hotels / fixed point within city center.
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P557
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata?
- Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata price starts from $295.00. Discover and book Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata on Tripadvisor
- What is the Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata cancellation policy?
- Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata?
- Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P557
- You'll start atKolkata (Calcutta)Or, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1ShantiniketanStop: 6 hoursYou will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 3-hour drive to Shantiniketan. Founded in 1863 with the aim of helping education go beyond the confines of the classroom, Shantiniketan grew into the Vishva Bharati University in 1921, attracting some of the most creative minds in the country. Famous alumni of this University include Indira Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India and the Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen. Once in Shantiniketan, visit the Vishva Bharati University campus. The University is famous for its arts and music departments. Next, take lunch (own expense) at one of the quaint restaurants. After lunch, walk over to the house. The five houses that were owned by the family are located close by Also spend some time walking through the streets of Shantiniketan. There are several shops selling handicrafts, leather bags, jewellery and other items made by local craftsmen. At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Kolkata and dropped off at your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
There, street foods are too much testy. Favourite sweet dish of Kolkata is Rosogolla. Everyone loves Rosogolla. Th…
A must visit for every Hindu. The magnetic energy there is to be experienced. The temple structure would leave you …
Fantastic River rafting expereince at Betwa River Orchha, M.P.
Best Experience of rafting adventure at Betwa river, it is due to very expereinced staff namely Laxmi Narain and Mu…
The 112-feet bust of Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore.The Isha Yoga Center situated at the foothill…
Not good value for money...
Visited first time with family and hopefully last time. Counter staff was very rude. Dont have any knowledge how t…
All the experience I had to hence the Spirituality towards inner Awaking
Nice place to visit The creative ideas of swamiji is Excellent and it improves Spirituality in side the every perso…
Great Place To Visit
Very good food and reasonable too. Must visit place. Really it's amazing place and Ambience is Also nice.
A serene atmosphere pervades the place! Beautiful surroundings, with greenery and mountains all around.
Bukhara - must visit food in Delhi
The food at Bukhara is excellent, especially their daal bukhara and pudina parantha are not be missed. The staff is…
Rare glimpse into the Lucknow world of craft and culture
Muzaffar Ali is something of a Lucknow legend--he's from a noble family that has been part of Lucknow for generatio…
Not much attractive light and sound show
It is a pretty boring show. There is a lot of scope for improvement. There is not much light in the show. It was li…
Better than I expected
There were so many things I loved about this trip. We had a great driver. His name is Jaggi. He was very safe and t…
Good place to relax
Its a good place to spend time with your family. Statue is gigantic and is worth visiting once if you are coimbator…
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE
The best part was the elephant ride and shower. The kids loved it. Visit to the Periyar national park was also good…
Saadan’s Fabulous Historic Walk in Kaiserbagh
Loved our second walk with Saadan today in the Kaiserbagh area. He had so much great information and got us into hi…