Recommended by 100% of travelers
Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
This is a historic tour going back to the 7th century AD to Kanchipuram which was one of the leading capitals of this part of the world. We will visit 2 remarkable temples to appreciate the architecture wizardry of the Pallavas. Kanchipuram is also famous for its Silk Sarees, so we will meet a Weaver and understand the fine art of making Silk Sarees.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kailasanathar TempleStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Ekambareswarar TempleStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Kanchipuram WeaversStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Entrance charges
- Pick up and drop to Chennai hotel
- Guide & Cultural evangelist
- Entry/Admission - Kailasanathar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ekambareswarar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kanchipuram Weavers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Dussehra Holidays 2019 left our family members with full of happiness and comfort. We arrived Tirumala on 6th morning and spent full day in Tirupati after lord Balajis darshan. On 7th October,2019 we went on a drive to Kancheeputam which is about 140 km from Tirupati. The route…
Date of experience: October 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
By: Five Senses Tours
Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram with 5 Senses Tour and our guide : Mr.Kannan.
We had taken a day tour with the 5 senses tour and our guide Mr. Kannan to Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram. Our guid…
Superb experience of Day tour of Chennai
I have been to Chennai several times but glad that on my husband insistence,took a day tour within the Chennai city…
Awesome Pondicherry day tour experience
Hello! We had taken a day tour with 5 Senses ( Mr. Kannan) ,our guide for the tour. This was our first day tour wit…
Great Tour of Chennai with 5 Senses Tours and Guide Vijay
We spent a few days in Chennai in March 2020 and had some specific sites of interest we wanted to visit for family …
An amazing and memorable day trip with Rajiv, an expert guide from 5-Senses
This was the first trip to India and to Chennai, Kanchipuram and Mahabalipuram for my three adult children, who are…
A fantastic and memorable tour of the city for me and my family with Rajiv, an expert guide.
My family and I are delighted that we chose 5-Senses for our Chennai City tour. They offered various options and …
We had the most amazing day leaning about the temples and history of India. Kannan was a wonderful tour guide - ver…
Excellent Tour of Ancient Temples!
Our tour guide was incredible. He really knew the details of the religious temples we were able to go see, and it t…
We booked with Kannan and he was wonderful! Very knowledgeable about the history of India and all of the temples th…
Great introduction to Chennai
This tour with Kannan and his driver met all of our expectations. Not only did it cover some important Temples but…
Carvings at Mahabalipuram
On our trip to India two tours stood out. The Taj Mahal and this one. Excellent tour. The guide and driver went abo…
Exceptional experience with knowledgeable and friendly guide
Impressive temples and monuments. A must do trip when in Chennai. Great guides and nice lunch at local restaurant.
Great Fay Trip!
On a visit to Chennai for business, I wanted to see more of the area than just the conference room. I booked this t…
Great learning experience and introduction to India
I visited India for business and only had one day to explore. Going with this tour group was the right choice! My g…
Awesome bird watching and nature walk
We never knew Chennai received so many exotic birds from the cold north. Its incredulous to see these birds still c…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving
- Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving on Tripadvisor
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving on Tripadvisor
- Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving price starts from $122.67. Discover and book Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving on Tripadvisor
- Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kanchipuram tour from Chennai covering Temples & Silk Saree Weaving on Tripadvisor