Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai
By SITA World Tours
Visit Gingee Fort, one of the most impregnable forts of India that was dubbed as the 'Troy of the East' by the British. The fort was originally built by the Chola dynasty in the 9th century A.D. and later expanded by the Vijayanagar Empire in the 13th century A.D. The Fort is situated around 100 miles from the city of Chennai and can be reached in 3 hours by road. Highlights • 80 feet wide moat of the fort • Three citadels on three hilltops • Seven storied Wedding Hall
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Gingee Fort
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point within city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P614
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, back problems or other serious medical conditions.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Visiting hours are from 09.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m. Entry to Climbing hill stop is 03:00 pm.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai on Tripadvisor
- How much is Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai?
- Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai price starts from $221.00. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai cancellation policy?
- Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai?
- Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Day Tour: Gingee Fort - Troy Of The East From Chennai on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P614
- You'll start atChennai (Madras)See departure details
- 1Gingee FortStop: 2 hours - Admission includedYou will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai and driven to the hilltop fort of Gingee. The fort has three citadels that are located on three hillocks. Each citadel is a self-contained unit. An eight mile long wall runs around the fort that is protected by an 80 feet wide moat. Walk around and see where the Gingee guards would keep watch. Inside the fort is a seven storied Wedding Hall, prison cells, a military gymnasium, and more. The Gingee has been claimed and reclaimed many times throughout history by different rulers, all wanting possession of this impenetrable fortress. It has been occupied by the Marathas, Mughals, French and the British and then abandoned in the 19th century. At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
There, street foods are too much testy. Favourite sweet dish of Kolkata is Rosogolla. Everyone loves Rosogolla. Th…
A must visit for every Hindu. The magnetic energy there is to be experienced. The temple structure would leave you …
Fantastic River rafting expereince at Betwa River Orchha, M.P.
Best Experience of rafting adventure at Betwa river, it is due to very expereinced staff namely Laxmi Narain and Mu…
The 112-feet bust of Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore.The Isha Yoga Center situated at the foothill…
Not good value for money...
Visited first time with family and hopefully last time. Counter staff was very rude. Dont have any knowledge how t…
All the experience I had to hence the Spirituality towards inner Awaking
Nice place to visit The creative ideas of swamiji is Excellent and it improves Spirituality in side the every perso…
Great Place To Visit
Very good food and reasonable too. Must visit place. Really it's amazing place and Ambience is Also nice.
A serene atmosphere pervades the place! Beautiful surroundings, with greenery and mountains all around.
Bukhara - must visit food in Delhi
The food at Bukhara is excellent, especially their daal bukhara and pudina parantha are not be missed. The staff is…
Rare glimpse into the Lucknow world of craft and culture
Muzaffar Ali is something of a Lucknow legend--he's from a noble family that has been part of Lucknow for generatio…
Not much attractive light and sound show
It is a pretty boring show. There is a lot of scope for improvement. There is not much light in the show. It was li…
Better than I expected
There were so many things I loved about this trip. We had a great driver. His name is Jaggi. He was very safe and t…
Good place to relax
Its a good place to spend time with your family. Statue is gigantic and is worth visiting once if you are coimbator…
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE
The best part was the elephant ride and shower. The kids loved it. Visit to the Periyar national park was also good…
Saadan’s Fabulous Historic Walk in Kaiserbagh
Loved our second walk with Saadan today in the Kaiserbagh area. He had so much great information and got us into hi…