Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai
By SITA World Tours
Put on your walking shoes and get ready to explore the streets of Sowcarpet - one of the oldest markets in Chennai for a scrumptious food trail. Walk through the market sampling the very best local street food. And that is simply for starters. Fascinating stories and great food vie for your attention on a trail that is best experienced on an empty stomach! Hear stories of men and women and their passion for food, of local food fetishes, and of jealously guarded secret recipes. Highlights • Walk through one of the oldest markets of Chennai • Sample street foods • Hear tales about people and their passion for food
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 3–4 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Local English speaking guide
- Food tasting (excluding beverages)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point within city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P606
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Minimum 02 pax are required to operate this tour.
- Children below 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Sowcarpet remains closed on Sundays.
- Name and gender as on passport, passport number, expiry date and country of issuance are required at time of booking. Please carry the passport on the day of the tour.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai on Tripadvisor
- How much is Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai?
- Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai price starts from $123.00. Discover and book Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai on Tripadvisor
- What is the Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai cancellation policy?
- Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai?
- Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Food trail in Sowcarpet - Chennai on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P606
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atChennai (Madras)See departure details
- 1SowcarpetStop: 2 hoursMeet your local guide at 04:00 p.m. at Sowcarpet market. Your guide will then take you to some of the best street food stalls of the area. Sweet and savory dishes like the Murukku sandwich, Thattu idly and Palkova are some of the foods you will get to sample on this trail. Understand local food habits, customs and superstitions and take back fascinating trivia related to the origins and varieties of popular local foods. So come, if you are a foodie, adventurous and very, very hungry. The tour price includes all the street food you can eat on this trail. We believe that dinner is not necessary after this. At the end of the trail your guide will walk you back to the starting point.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Visit to Isha Foundation
Visited the Dhyana linga in the premises but it was overly crowded and it extremely hot making it difficult to vis…
A day at ITC MAURYA
Went for a birthday lunch at Bukhara at ITC MAURYA and the ambience is amazing and the staff is very courteous
Dreams come true
I had a face to face intercation with shane watson and all thanks to Garima mam for the support . The ambience here…
nice peaceful site to visit . short distance from coimbatoor . it is placed in a valley and four sides have hills. …
Must visit Place
Excellent food in the luxurious Bukhara Restaurant of ITC Maurya. The ambience is awesome, the cuisine wonderful an…
I recently visited Karni mata temple and my experience was very nice. Temple is very beautiful, peaceful environmen…
Fish and seafood markets are the same the world over and Shivaji Market in Pune Cantt is no different. Dating back …
Great night jeep safari.
We had a fabulous jeep safari round Jaipur at night. This was an amazing experience. As when we had been round Jaip…
This was such an experience, a fabulous place to visit & very emotional. The tomb & gardens are kept beautifully & …
Love the ambience
Thank you so much for the great service enjoy the food thanks to the chef the staff cannot excited to be back
Isha yoga, must visit
Isha yoga center, important to come afternoon when is less hot. Go into the Tample ,the experience is Devin especia…
Pick the right day
We booked high tea our first day in Delhi, which turned out to be a Wednesday. Last time we had a sensational high …
Thank you for this incredible experience around the fort and the city of Jodhpur. The staff are lovely and very hel…
It has potential, but...
You know that a tourist cultural show is not Broadway or the London West End. Right. In that sense, the Mohabbat e …
Not much of atmosphere, standard of service was terrible, none of staff looked happy and when asked to get somethin…