Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai
By SITA World Tours
On this day-excursion from Chennai visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Mamallapuram. Situated on the coast of the Bay of Bengal, the site has a fascinating collection of ancient cave and rock temples and sculptures dating back to the 7th and 8th century. En route stop at the village complex of Dakshinachitra. Overlooking the Bay of Bengal, this is a living arts and crafts museum where you can also see artisans and craftsmen at work. Highlights • Living museum of Dakshinachitra • Five monolithic stone chariots • Shore temple • Cave temples • Sculpture of ‘The Descent of the Ganges’
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - DakshinaChitra
- Departure details
- Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point within city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P460
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Dress code is smart casual.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Footwear must be removed outside the temple, but socks may be worn.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai on Tripadvisor
- How much is Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai?
- Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai price starts from $253.00. Discover and book Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai on Tripadvisor
- What is the Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai cancellation policy?
- Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai?
- Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full Day Excursion to Dakshinachitra and Mamallapuram from Chennai on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P460
- You'll start atChennai (Madras)See departure details
- 1Shore TempleStop: 2 hoursAfter lunch, continue your drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Mamallapuram. This 7th century port of the Pallava Kingdom has a rich collection of five monolithic temples shaped in the form of stone chariots. The carvings on each of these chariots is unique and different from the others. Also visit the Shore Temple that is located on the beach. The temple has a giant stone relief that is 100 feet long and 45 feet high. Take a look at the numerous cave temples, each of which is dedicated to one of the many Hindu Gods. The giant open-air bas relief of ‘The Descent of the Ganges’ that is sculpted out of pink granite rock is a masterpiece not to be missed. Krishna’s Butterball is a natural wonder that is also worth a visit. It is a giant boulder perched on a slope that seems to defy the force of gravity. At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Chennai and dropped off at your hotel.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
There, street foods are too much testy. Favourite sweet dish of Kolkata is Rosogolla. Everyone loves Rosogolla. Th…
A must visit for every Hindu. The magnetic energy there is to be experienced. The temple structure would leave you …
Fantastic River rafting expereince at Betwa River Orchha, M.P.
Best Experience of rafting adventure at Betwa river, it is due to very expereinced staff namely Laxmi Narain and Mu…
The 112-feet bust of Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore.The Isha Yoga Center situated at the foothill…
Not good value for money...
Visited first time with family and hopefully last time. Counter staff was very rude. Dont have any knowledge how t…
All the experience I had to hence the Spirituality towards inner Awaking
Nice place to visit The creative ideas of swamiji is Excellent and it improves Spirituality in side the every perso…
Great Place To Visit
Very good food and reasonable too. Must visit place. Really it's amazing place and Ambience is Also nice.
A serene atmosphere pervades the place! Beautiful surroundings, with greenery and mountains all around.
Bukhara - must visit food in Delhi
The food at Bukhara is excellent, especially their daal bukhara and pudina parantha are not be missed. The staff is…
Rare glimpse into the Lucknow world of craft and culture
Muzaffar Ali is something of a Lucknow legend--he's from a noble family that has been part of Lucknow for generatio…
Not much attractive light and sound show
It is a pretty boring show. There is a lot of scope for improvement. There is not much light in the show. It was li…
Better than I expected
There were so many things I loved about this trip. We had a great driver. His name is Jaggi. He was very safe and t…
Good place to relax
Its a good place to spend time with your family. Statue is gigantic and is worth visiting once if you are coimbator…
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE
The best part was the elephant ride and shower. The kids loved it. Visit to the Periyar national park was also good…
Saadan’s Fabulous Historic Walk in Kaiserbagh
Loved our second walk with Saadan today in the Kaiserbagh area. He had so much great information and got us into hi…