High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram
By SITA World Tours
You will experience the best of Kanchipuram Temple City on this excursion from Chennai. This visit showcases the religion, culture and architecture of ‘The City of Thousand Temples’. Travel with your knowledgeable guide to some of the most iconic temples, including Ekambareswarar Temple, Varadaraja Perumal Temple and Kailasanathar Temple and gain a deeper understanding of Hinduism. Our private tour also includes a traditional silk weaving demonstration. Highlights • Sri Ekambareswarar Temple • Kailasanathar Temple • Varadaraja Perumal Temple • Traditional silk-weaving demonstration
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Professional English speaking guide
- Bottle of mineral water
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Departure details
- Chennai (Madras), Chennai (Madras), Chennai District, Tamil Nadu We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P85
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram?
- High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram price starts from $172.00. Discover and book High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram on Tripadvisor
- What is the High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram cancellation policy?
- High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram?
- High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram is hosted by SITA World Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact SITA World Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 5h. Discover and book High Hindu Temples in Kanchipuram on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 50182P85
- You'll start atChennai (Madras)See departure details
- 1KanchipuramStop: 5 hoursYou will be picked up from your hotel in Chennai and driven to Kanchipuram, about 45 minutes away. Historically, Kanchipuram was a center of education and was known as the “ghatikasthanam”, or place of learning. The city was also a religious center of advanced education for Jainism and Buddhism between the 1st and 5th centuries. Located on the banks of the Vegavathy river, it incorporates many temples. In Vaishnavism Hindu theology, Kanchipuram is one of the seven Tirtha (pilgrimage) sites. Fourteen temples dedicated to the Hindu god Vishnu are located in Kanchipuram. We will visit the three temples that exemplify this sacred town. Kailasantha Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and represents a high point in Indian architecture. Ekambareshwara Temple represents the earth form of the five form-element abode of Lord Shiva. The ancient Vaikuntaperumal Temple has beautiful pillared corridors around the sanctum dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The city of Kanchipuram is well known for its hand woven silk saris. Most of the city's workforce is involved in the weaving industry. It is one of India’s lucrative industries. We will watch a traditional silk weaving demonstration. Your private tour ends when you are returned back to your hotel in Chennai.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
There, street foods are too much testy. Favourite sweet dish of Kolkata is Rosogolla. Everyone loves Rosogolla. Th…
A must visit for every Hindu. The magnetic energy there is to be experienced. The temple structure would leave you …
Fantastic River rafting expereince at Betwa River Orchha, M.P.
Best Experience of rafting adventure at Betwa river, it is due to very expereinced staff namely Laxmi Narain and Mu…
The 112-feet bust of Adiyogi statue at Isha Yoga Centre in Coimbatore.The Isha Yoga Center situated at the foothill…
Not good value for money...
Visited first time with family and hopefully last time. Counter staff was very rude. Dont have any knowledge how t…
All the experience I had to hence the Spirituality towards inner Awaking
Nice place to visit The creative ideas of swamiji is Excellent and it improves Spirituality in side the every perso…
Great Place To Visit
Very good food and reasonable too. Must visit place. Really it's amazing place and Ambience is Also nice.
A serene atmosphere pervades the place! Beautiful surroundings, with greenery and mountains all around.
Bukhara - must visit food in Delhi
The food at Bukhara is excellent, especially their daal bukhara and pudina parantha are not be missed. The staff is…
Rare glimpse into the Lucknow world of craft and culture
Muzaffar Ali is something of a Lucknow legend--he's from a noble family that has been part of Lucknow for generatio…
Not much attractive light and sound show
It is a pretty boring show. There is a lot of scope for improvement. There is not much light in the show. It was li…
Better than I expected
There were so many things I loved about this trip. We had a great driver. His name is Jaggi. He was very safe and t…
Good place to relax
Its a good place to spend time with your family. Statue is gigantic and is worth visiting once if you are coimbator…
VERY GOOD EXPERIENCE
The best part was the elephant ride and shower. The kids loved it. Visit to the Periyar national park was also good…
Saadan’s Fabulous Historic Walk in Kaiserbagh
Loved our second walk with Saadan today in the Kaiserbagh area. He had so much great information and got us into hi…