Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour: Explore Kanheri caves to see Buddhist sculptures and relief carvings, paintings, and inscriptions, dating from the 1st century B.C. Benefit from a hotel transfer and local English-speaking guide as you learn about Buddhist history.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 12 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Entrance fees to all site attractions
- Local English-speaking guide
- Hotel pick–up and drop off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Car Parking
- Entry fee to Sanjay Gandhi National Park (no sightseeing here, only entrance)
- Entry/Admission - Kanheri Caves
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Any Meals during the trip.
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 13238P154
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour?
- Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour price starts from $96.00. Discover and book Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour cancellation policy?
- Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour?
- Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour is hosted by Go City Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Go City Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 13238P154
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Kanheri CavesStop: 2 hours - Admission includedDepending on your hotel location and the traffic conditions, the drive to Kanheri Caves takes about 1 to 1 5-hours Relax in a comfortable air-conditioned car till you are dropped off at the Sanjay Gandhi National Park, where the caves are situated Your guide will take you around five of the biggest and most significant caves You will also have some free time to explore and walk around on your own In the main hall stands the towering figure of the Lord Buddha measuring about 7 meters in height The interior has a colonnade of 34 majestically carved pillars The eleven-headed Avalokiteshwara is the most distinctive motif There are about 100 inscriptions in different scripts - Brahmi, Devnagri, Pallavi and SanskritRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Go City Adventures
Joined in August 2016
#58 of 108 Food & Drink in Mumbai
Tour of Elephanta Caves, Mumbai
This was a half day trip that included a guide to take you on a ferry to the island in the bay of Mumbai. So the starting point is the Gateway to India monument and the guide (Ms Mahindra) was very helpful and gave some good background to the history of the area and details of the statues that are place in the Gateway area. She was also a delightful companion for the day. The boat trip was refreshing and passed by some interesting sights en route. It took about 90 minutes. At the island you had the option to walk or to take a miniature train ride to the footpath up to the caves. The route was lined with souvenir stalls and the climb is quite steep and slippery (it had been raining) but it was all interesting and care with placing your steps takes you to a plateau wherein the caves are located. The caves themselves are fascinating, carved out of the solid rock. We hired a licensed guide to detail the story behind each of the features and friezes in the caves. They tell the story of Vishnu and other deities. It was an absorbing tour. Despite some 17th century vandalism by the Portuguese soldiers there is enough still visible to appreciate the great effort and devotion that drove people to create this fascinating and worthwhile location to visit. Overall I had a great day and learned a lot. It is well worth a visit.
Buy it with
Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour provided by Go City Adventures
Product Overview: Mumbai: Kanheri Cave Half Day Tour
Number of Photos