Ride the famous suburban train, hop on a classic red bus, cruise around town in a typical black and yellow taxi and look on as millions of Mumbai's working class head out in the morning. We will discover Mumbai beyond the typical tourist sites; we will see a number of different markets and the world famous Dabbawallahs (the workers of India's intricate lunch delivery system). This view of the Maximum City will give you an idea of the struggles and challenges felt by the working class, as well as their unconquerable spirit.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Local Transport Charges
- Train Ride
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Personal Expenses
- Entry/Admission - Mani Bhavan Gandhi Museum
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Mumbai International Cruise Terminal Port
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 121885P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Mumbai Tour by Public Transport?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Mumbai Tour by Public Transport on Tripadvisor
- How much is Mumbai Tour by Public Transport?
- Mumbai Tour by Public Transport price starts from $46.16. Discover and book Mumbai Tour by Public Transport on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mumbai Tour by Public Transport cancellation policy?
- Mumbai Tour by Public Transport cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mumbai Tour by Public Transport on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mumbai Tour by Public Transport?
- Mumbai Tour by Public Transport is hosted by Dream City Tours & Travels. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Dream City Tours & Travels on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mumbai Tour by Public Transport on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 121885P6
Reserve your spot
- StartOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Gateway of IndiaStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Dhobi GhatStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Mani Bhavan Gandhi MuseumStop: 30 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Hanging GardensStop: 15 minutesSee detailsPass byMarine Drive
- 5Chhatrapati Shivaji TerminusStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 6University of Mumbai LibraryStop: 10 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Dream City Tours & Travels
Joined in April 2017
- Thesavvysalim00An eye-opener Dharavi Slums TourThough I live in Mumbai for quite a long time I never thought of visiting Dharavi as it didn't quite had the reputation. But after doing this tour, I can say that I was completely wrong. Mr. Shailesh who was the tour guide, was very informative about all the places and made the tour unforgettable. Great work. Thanks!
- Theexplorernaaz00Kanheri caves - The historical prideWe as friends wanted to see some historical places in Mumbai and decided to visit Kanheri caves in SGNP. The guide Shailesh was very informative about the place and Lord Buddha and he took good care of us. Though living in Mumbai we didn't know about such good places and it's history. Would highly recommend anyone who wants to visit it.
- Sopper41200Amazing ExperienceI had a fantastic food tour with Siddhi and Shailesh. They were extremely knowledgeable and very attentive to anything I might need. I wanted to do a food tour, but was slightly concerned that I would end with an upset stomach. Not only did I end the tour perfectly fine (and full!), but I saw so many cool places along the way. I would highly recommend the tour to anyone interested in seeing an authentic side of the city.
- Ian-Ginny G00Mumbai Full Day City TourShailendra gave us a great tour of Mumbai, which is a crazy place! He was waiting for us when our cruise ship docked and took us (four adults) on a very interesting tour of Mumbai. We visited many interesting sites and locations. He took care of us and watched out for our safety as it can be quite an experience just crossing the road in Mumbai! If you are going to Mumbai, I would definitely recommend Shailendra as your tour guide.
- efi17885200All goodGood tour, great guide, felt safe, good in time, respectful, all good - recommended - many thanks, E&A
- lst53300AwesomeShailendar was a great guide! We learned and saw a lot. Would highly recommend to anyone in the future. Thank you!
- 602srinik00Khaneri cavesThe driver and the guide were very knowledgeable. Visited all the important caves and few others caves as well. On the way at sanjay gandhi national park we could see few animals.
- Ryan o00Amazing Mumbai TourGreat tour visiting Dharavi All and the other amazing sights of Mumbai. Even got to play some cricket. Also, our lunch was outstanding!
- Terry H00Very efficient and flexible tourShailendra was terrific he organised a bespoke trip to suit our early arrival he adjusted it where neccesary his driver was first class. I would recommend Shailendra as an absolutely great choice if you want an informative tour of Mumbai
- CarolineG107500Kanheri Caves half day tourExcellent tour! Would definitely recommend to anyone interested in visiting the Kanheri Caves. We booked last minute (the day before the tour) and Shailendar was very helpful in helping us confirm the details of our tour via WhatsApp. We were picked up directly at our hotel by our guide Siddi and the driver, in a clean air conditioned private vehicle. Siddi was very friendly and knowledgeable and offered great info on the history and the culture of the area. Siddi catered to our every need! We stopped for breakfast along the way, he offered to take pictures of us and answered all our questions. After a detailed tour of the most important caves, we were given another hour to explore the site on our own. To finish things off, they dropped us off at a restaurant near our hotel so we could have a great lunch after the tour. Thanks!
- RasmusD4500Dharavi Slum Tours & City TourDear Rahul, first of all and on behalf of the other guys as well a massive thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your tour around Mumbai with us. We learned so many things, not just about the city of yours but even more important about life when you put a humble and appreciative attitude ahead of you with your best foot forward 🙏 Cant recommend the Dharavi Slum & City Tour enough with Rahul, who not only made our day special but offered so much inside to the life of this incredible neighborhood which offers an authentic experience of a lifetime.
- pshurd00After our Elephanta Island Tour, we added in a private tour of the major highlights of MumbaiExcellent Excellent. Our scheduled guide, Shailendra had a medical issue & couldn't join us, so he handed us off to Dharam. He did a fabulous job! He was fun & oh so knowledgeable. Our group of 9 were educated & entertained. He & the driver showed us all the highlights of Mumbai crammed into one afternoon - getting us back to our cruise ship in time for dinner! The morning's tour of Elephanta Island Caves was also amazing. Highly recommend a private tour to get as much of this awesome city as you can.
- LeoAbr00Bombay Street Food TourWhat an awesome tour of Bombays vibrant street food scene! My guide was Siddhi and I couldn't have asked for a better person to show me around - friendly, knowledgeable and a real food lover, he knew exactly where to eat and man was it delicious! Every meal was incredible and had a back story. A big thanks to Siddhi and Dream City Tours for a great time and amazing food!
- Latifhusein K00In depth tour of Dharavi SlumAbsolutely fantastic. We had a very detailed tour of the Dharavi Slum with a guide whose origins were in the slum. It was conducted at a pace that we wanted and the guide was very enthusiastic about imparting and sharing all the information with us. He had a fantastic knowledge of the history and the micro economy of the area. Highly recommend this tour with this company. It was also the most reasonably priced option that we were able to select.
- Camille B005 starsExcellent day. I contacted the company at 7am on a Monday after I realized that eveything I had planned to do on a Monday would be closed. They responded promptly and by 11am I had a lovely guide and driver who orchestrated an amazing day of sightseeing and delicious eats. Dharam, my guide, was personable, informative and fun. We went by airconditioned car to all the sites which I was grateful for in 100 degree heat. Would highly recommend for solo travellers. After the tour was done, Shailendar, who organized everything from headquarters, kindly offered to answer questions about anything Id like to do on my own while in Mumbai. Super nice all the way through.
Buy it with
Mumbai Tour by Public Transport provided by Dream City Tours & Travels
Product Overview: Mumbai Tour by Public Transport
Number of Photos