Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home
By Traveling Spoon
Enjoy a private and authentic home-cooked meal with your host Yakuta in her home. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. Food has always been a central part of Yakuta’s life as she has been blessed with an incredible culinary lineage. A Bhori Muslim with ancestral roots that trace back to Yemen, she grew up with her cousins and relatives in a cottage in Agripada, the heart of the Muslim area of Mumbai. At the age of 13 she moved to the suburbs with her Bohri mother and Maharashtrian Hindu father. 13 years later she married a Parsi, so she now her cooking is an eclectic mix of Bohri Muslim, Maharashtrian and Parsi traditions. Her passion and love for food guided her to switch professions and start a catering business called Cold Food Company which specializes in dishes that are best enjoyed cold or at room temperature. Yakuta believes that every meal has a story to tell and she looks forward to sharing hers with guests.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Private home-cooked meal with your host Yakuta
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Departure details
- Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Meet your host Yakuta at her home near the Samudra Mahal Building. Exact address can be found in your ticket upon booking confirmation.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P534
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home?
- Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home price starts from $42.67. Discover and book Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home on Tripadvisor
- What is the Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home cancellation policy?
- Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home?
- Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home is hosted by Traveling Spoon. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Traveling Spoon on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Taste Local Mumbai Food made by a Local in her Home on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7626P534
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Explored delicious Parsi cuisine with a great host
Mahrukh welcomed me into her home and taught me about a variety of Parsi dishes. She was a very gracious host, and …
Nourishing on so many levels
We very much enjoyed this whole experience with Reyna & Shivalika! I feel so much gratitude for the warmth we felt …
Mumbai is huge city to travel and we can enjoy the food, mostly on road side food different types of items will be…
Above and beyond service ..
Mahrouk was a really fantastic host. She was warm, friendly and very welcoming. The dishes she cooked were absolute…
Don't miss this wonderful experience
We (myself, my husband and my daughter) had a wonderful experience with our host Reshma. She welcomed us warmly int…
Authentic Indian cooking experience
Shilpa was so kind to welcome us into her home and give us an authentic Indian cooking experience. She walked us th…
Delicious authentic vegan Indian experience
We had a fantastic time with Shilpa on our vegan cooking class. Shilpa was extremely genuine, enthusiastic and pati…
Pure vegan delight
We arrived at Reyna's lovely home in a very plush suburb of Mumbai and were immediately offered a refreshing health…
The Mumbai highlight for people who love great and honest food
An amazing time with Shilpa. We learned so much and ate fantastic, quick, healthy and super tasty food. I am now t…
Specialist of Panjabi cuisine.
She was kindly and easy to understand. It’s also yummy. It will be satisfactory even if you are non veg.
A wonderful experience
We had a beautiful evening with Reyna and her friends and family. The vegan and non-vegans in our group all loved t…
Delicious food and a knowledgable guide.
Our belly’s and minds were fully satisfied after spending time cooking with Pallavi in her lovely home. We really…
An amazing experience
A very knowledgeable and inspirational experience for our kids.The host was very informative and provided great tip…
Highlight of My Mumbai Trip!
What can I say? The cooking lesson (and market tour) that Mahrukh provided was an amazing cultural learning experie…
We took Rhesma cooking class in the SantaCruz area. She was very welcoming, and definatly passionate with food and …