After pick–up from your hotel in Mumbai, travel roughly 3 hours in an air-conditioned private vehicle to reach Karla around 10:00 am. Take a walk through the impressive site, ascending 200 steep steps to reach the caves, excavated thousands of years ago from a hillside in the Western Ghats in Maharashtra. The rock-cut shrines were developed for Buddhist monks to use during the monsoons. They featured chaityas (prayer halls) with intricate carvings, the largest of the rooms measures 148 feet and was created in the 1st century B.C. After exploring the caves, take a break to purchase lunch at a restaurant of your choice. Then head to the Bhaja caves, another religious site near the Karla Caves. At the end of a full day, drive back to your Mumbai hotel where your tour ends with a hotel drop off.
Duration: 6–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Karla Caves
- Entry/Admission - Bhaja Caves
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- we will pick up from your accommodation
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
- Alexander Dock(Green Gate)
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10591P29
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai?
- Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai price starts from $153.85. Discover and book Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai on Tripadvisor
- What is the Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai cancellation policy?
- Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai?
- Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai is hosted by Mystical Mumbai. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mystical Mumbai on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 10591P29
Reserve your spot
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Karla CavesStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Bhaja CavesStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Joined in February 2013
#13 of 109 Food & Drink in Mumbai
- alessandramP3237BA00Amazing Bombay TourNamaste! We had a great tour with our guide Anthony today. Apart from the many tourist places and sights of Mumbai, he also showed us insights into very special, not so well known places. His basic knowledge of Mumbai is amazing and he is always courteous and responsive to requests. We had the special case of going to a wedding and he helped us find the clothes we needed. The food we ate together was really great and we not only take away great spices from the market visit, but also heartwarming and great memories that we collected together with Anthony. Thank you so much for the time and the experience, my friend!
- David P00Incredible experienceVery insightful and informative tour. Our guide Mukesh grew up and still lives in the slums and was able to talk in great detail about the industry and daily lives of people who live in the residential areas. Mukesh was very friendly and caring and we felt totally at ease during the tour. Thank you so much.
- stevenlJ7620AQ00Phoenix from the flamesBooked this through Getyourguide who seem not to have confirmed the booking with Mystical Mumbai. To cut a long story short, the trip started two and a half hours late. Luckily, our guide (Raj) and driver (Mukdesh) made up for it. They were fun, entertaining and accommodating (whilst doing their job by selling us a few enjoyable extras!). Would definitely recommend them if you want an enjoyable, but not serious, glimpse of Mumbai.
- O5044CPcatherinec00A must do in MumbaiThis was a highlight of our trip. Anthony welcomed us to his home where his family spent the afternoon cooking with us, eating together and giving us lots of information about the history of the area. We cooked a selection of vegetarian dishes and were given local sweets after also. Everything was easy to follow and we will definitely be making them when we return home.
- Paradise1989990582800Mumbai TourAnthony did a wonderful job showing us around Mumbai. He had many interesting facts and insights regarding our stops and also was nice talking to about all the random questions we asked him not related to the tour. :) Thanks Anthony!
- Quest2648357898200Mumbai TourThe tour with Antony was really interesting as he knows a lot about the culture in mumbai. He will show you a lot of different places which are not on the typical touristic tour. I can highly recommend it.
- carlarJ1233FN00Excellent Tour!This was a wonderful tour. Mukesh was our tour guide and did a fantastic job of taking us to the sites that were relevant. He is very knowledgeable and personable.
- Kaylatiana800Great!Dev was very knowledgeable! He was able to provide a brief interesting history lesson as we were on the tour which makes you appreciate the sights you see so much more. He was very helpful and friendly! Made me more comfortable to travel in India. Definitely a must for first time traveler to India
- C473IPgabrieled00True life in MumbaiWe have seen the tue life from slum people. Was very interesting to see how the people live and work. Raj was a special guide that explain us every thing. Was a very good experience!
- D2071SDmonical00super experiencesuper experience, so hard bur so Nice because our guide Raj Is so cute and so prepared! never stop smiling! thank a lot
- F2574HQstefanol00Super experience! Raj was super!Very good English guide. Name of the guide is raj! He guide us in dharavi to see how people live there.
- Jyoti H00Super interesting experienceI great and interesting experience. We see a lot of things. We hope that so many people can come and see this reality. Thank you Raj
- pernillenbor00Amazing! MUST DO when visiting MumbaiWe had the pleasure of Mukesh on the Bombay by Dawn tour. We can totally recommend taking this tour in the morning, one of our absolute best experiences in Mumbai being a part of the city waking up. Mukesh was good at English, very open, elaborating and shared much about the culture and the local life that went beyond the basic information. He knew so many of the locals and made sure we felt safe the entire time. Just amazing, don’t even think twice about booking this tour. Took many photos but only added a few here. After this tour we decided to book an additional tour with the company and Mukesh to visit Dharavi (“the slum”). Also a huge recommendation to visit there with Mukesh.
- D9859LAryans00Elephant Caves Tour Rocks!Awesome trip! Guides were very knowledgeable about the history and getting us around the area. Would highly recommend for a day trip.
- F5267NLtims00Excellent Jewish Heritage TourFantastic tour. Dev is very knowledgeable and went above and beyond. Driver was excellent as well. Highly recommend them.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2022 • Solo
I had a lovely day at Lonavala Karla Cave. Mukesh the guide, was a good driver, he bargained for me at the local shops, very polite, caring and professional. I recommend to woman traveling alone. Thank you for this experience! 🙏🏻
Written December 1, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai provided by Mystical Mumbai
Product Overview: Day Trip Experience to Lonavala hill Station with caves and Forts from Mumbai
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos