Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour
By Discover Activities
Away from the hustle bustle of Mumbai city, Versova is a small Suburb in Mumbai. Meet the the original inhabitants of Mumbai the Koli community. Watch them fishing and observe their colourful cultures with a distinct style in dressing, food, language and cultural traditions; The Koli women are economically independent and handle the entire sales business.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in a private car
- Entry/Admission - Versova Beach
- Food and drinks
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- centrally located mumbai hotels
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 76234P87
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour?
- Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour price starts from $123.44. Discover and book Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour cancellation policy?
- Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour?
- Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour is hosted by Discover Activities. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Discover Activities on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Mumbai Versova Fishing Village Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 76234P87
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Versova BeachStop: 2 hours - Admission included13:30 hrs Pick up from your Hotel in city area ( for Suburb Hotel the pick up time shall be 1400 hrs ). 15:00 hrs Arrive at the Versova fishing village where you English Speaking Guide shall meet you and give you brief about the Koli community. Watch the fishing trawlers come to the shore with their day catch. Every evening there is auction were the small fisher men bid and buy fish for retail selling. Participate in the fishing auction. Watch the fishermen sort out their fishing nets and put it for drying. 16:30 hrs You can buy some fish and take it to a nearby fisherwoman’s home. You can watch her cook the fish in the traditional way. Interact with the fisherwoman and her family. Have a small early meal. 18:30 hrs Bid goodbye to your host family. Drop back to the Hotel of your stay.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
Varanasi,a holy place
If visiting Varanasi,one should enjoy boating from Assi Ghat to Namo Ghat,enjoy beuty of Namo Ghat.It is a lovely p…
by lanes, temples and lives of locals
The Old Delhi walk covered the bylanes, the ancient temples/mosques/churches, and the local lifestyle of localites …
calm guide among the noisy traffic and crowds
I spent 2 days in Delhi on my own, but only after meeting "Jai", I finally found peace amidst the chaotic city. I …
last and the best day of Indian trip
My last day of the Indian trip turned out to be the best one with Jai. Experienced a kind of secret that you take p…
Old Delhi's Tales of valour, chivalry and spices
Old Delhi is all about fables, tales of valour, chivalry and treachery also, we used to think that Old Delhi is jus…
lovely city, lovely efforts by the guide to make the tour most interesting
The passion of the guide was evident in his narration about the history, culture, traditions, and important spots o…
Every by-lane is full of ancient charms and is a kind of adventure
Every by-lane is full of ancient charms and is a kind of adventure. Every market is enormous and goods are sold in …
Stories of old Delhi, history and spices in abundance
Jai knows the deepest spots of historic old Delhi so well, it is a real treat to hear all those stories of old Delh…
It was such a great day in Old Delhi
Jai is very passionate about his job and very much knows what is doing. Loved to see Old delhi through his eyes. It…
walked at our own pace, very undestanding guide
Jai allowed us to walk at our own pace, he was explaining us about all the spices and also about products and it s…
Jampacked with history and full of urban adventures.
Jampacked with history and full of urban adventures. Ever felt like jostling for space and suddenly got a breather …
Bylanes of Old Delhi, by the way the got to now the best of history
Bylanes of Old Delhi, by the way the got to now the best of history of Old Delhi. Every quarter is majestic full of…
Best and nearest natural gem from delhi
Probably the best and nearest birding and wildlife region from Delhi. Natural bloom was at its best and birds seeme…
ancient bazaars with stampede of shoppers, it lie an adventure to roam there
Whole area was like an ancient bazaar, exactly out of a travel book. Avoid getting crushed at times by using a bicy…
Explore the hidden bylanes, temples and hordes of spices.
Explore the hidden bylanes, temples and hordes of spices. When you walk in the spice market, your nostrils gets f…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
just an our drive away is this quaint town of versova full of Mumbai local fishermen society and the villages. a treat to watch the local culture and the beach and shore side.
Written October 13, 2018
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Dear Guest Many thanks for the kind words of appreciation and time taken to post the review We are glad that we were able to match your expectations Best regards Discover activities
Written September 30, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.