A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex
Dive into the rich history of medieval Delhi as you walk through the Humayun Tomb complex with a prominent historian as your guide. With enlightening narratives from the insightful guide, this walk is a thrilling experience for history buffs. Explore the garden complex and see the historical structures including Bu Hamida’s tomb, Afsarwala tomb and a royal barber’s tomb. The tour starts at 08:00 am and will continue till 10:00 am. Opportunity to study the Humayun’s tomb is a marvellous structure made of red sandstone, designed by a Persian architect.
per group (up to 1)
per group (up to 1)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Well seasoned and proficient host to guide you through the history of Delhi
- All taxes and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Humayun's Tomb
- Food and drinks
- Recommended gratuities
- Camera usage fees in historic sites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Departure details
- New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35687P78
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex on Tripadvisor
- How much is A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex?
- A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex price starts from $245.00. Discover and book A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex on Tripadvisor
- What is the A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex cancellation policy?
- A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex?
- A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex is hosted by Wandertrails. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Wandertrails on Tripadvisor. Discover and book A history walk through the Humayun Tomb complex on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 35687P78
- You'll start atNew DelhiSee departure details
- 1Humayun's TombStop: 2 minutes - Admission includedWalk beside one of the most prominent historians of Delhi as you explore the captivating and absorbing Humayun Tomb complex. The Mughal Dynasty has gifted India with some of the most striking monuments. Even today, they stand tall in all their grandeur, gleaming under the sun. Delhi, the capital city of the country has its own share of architectural brilliance scattered throughout its territory. One of these, the Humayun Tomb complex is where this magical trail begins. This three-hour walk starts at around 8:00 am in the morning and the fascinating tomb of Humayun lies at the centre of this garden complex. Built by his son Akbar, the tomb is said to be the first established structure of the Mughal architecture that makes use of red sandstone on a large scale. The tomb also houses the graves of Bega Begum, Hamida Begum and the great Emperor Shah Jahan. Numerous small tombs line the walk to the grand mausoleum, including the tomb belonging to Isa Khan, the Afghan noble and commander of Sher Shah Suri. This tomb is a fine example of the Pathan architecture with its octagonal contour and selective use of glazed tiles. From here, a lofty gate to the left will take you to the Arab Ki Sarai, which is believed to be the enclosure that housed the workmen who built the main tomb. Next to the enclosure is the Afsarwala tomb, belonging to a nobleman in Akbar’s court. There are several other structures in the complex, one of them being the tomb of a royal barber. As you walk around the complex the avid storyteller in the guide will ensure a connect between your visual experience and the enchanting tales he has to share. Once you reach the end of the walk, a bittersweet feeling lingers as you are brought back to reality from the engrossing tales recited by the guide. Taking you back to the Mughal era, this history walk will surely be an enriching experience.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Jeep safari at Thekkady
We had 2.5 hr jeep safari at Thekkady (VInod Ramu : 8547728209) took us for safari . He communicates things…
Best place to visit
Every Indian in their life must visit Akshardham especially the boat ride that makes us proud and inspires us to st…
Did the cooking class today, learnt so much and the food was delicious. Would highly recommend to anyone coming to …
Bumpy road from vandiperiyar, mostly full of lemongrass forest ride. Dangerous off road drive, with no roads. One w…
Silk Tour and Old Bangaluru
I had the opportunity to visit parts of the city that I never would have visited on my own as a solo traveler. Fro…
Avoid priests and celebrants
Pushkar's lake is beautiful. The priests and consorts who entice you to make an offering, or puja, by the lake side…
Informative, eventful and a memorable activity :)
The walk was nicely organized and structured by the Wandertrails local supplier. The activity is a complete package…
A refreshing experience!
I wanted to try something really different this time for my upcoming trip to Munnar. So I googled for some unique a…
Quiet, beautiful picnic spot
The drive to the south of Goa to this ancient Shiva temple is beautiful. The place itself has a gushing brook to wa…
While at Mangaladass, got this wonderful opportunity to visit the market as well. Fruits and vegetables here are in…
Incredible…no other word justify the performance of Kathakali dancers… It was a great experience of Kerala tour ar…
An incredible behind the scenes tour of Old Bangalore and its silk industry
We spent a great morning touring parts of the city that we would never be able to find our own. We got to see the p…
An adventurous drive to remember....
We took a jeep (Mahindra) from near the Periyar reserve and went to Sathram. It was a fantastic drive. It may not b…
Watching master craftsmen at work
After some confusion on meeting place, I had a great tour with Ali. As a solo female traveler it was great to get …
Fantastic Bike Ride!
The bike ride was fantastic! We were able to experience smaller communities, enjoy the the agriculture and families…