Begin this experience with hotel pickup around 4pm, or make your own way to the cooking school. With the chef, visit the market and collect ingredients that will be used during the meal preparation. You may choose to make 6 dishes from 6 different categories:
• Curry Paste (green, red or massaman curry paste)
• Curry (green curry, panang curry, khao soi (Chiang Mai noodles) or massaman curry)
• Soup (tom yam kung (hot and sour shrimp soup), tom kha gai (chicken in coconut milk soup) or Thai noodle soup)
• Appetizer (som tam (papaya salad) or spring rolls)
• Stir Fried (pad thai (fried noodles Thai style) or stir fried cashew nuts with chicken)
• Extra Dishes (sticky rice with mango or banana in coconut milk)While at the home garden you will cook one dish at the time. One wok will be provided per person to ensure you really get a feeling for the techniques. Thai food is based on a balance between the different flavors; spicy, sour, sweet, salty, and bitter. It goes beyond a single dish, but seeks to balance a full meal of various dishes. Ultimately, you will gain an understanding of this during your afternoon session and once you have cooked your way through, you can take a seat to test all of the lovely dishes you have prepared. Afterwards, you will be returned back to your hotel around 9pm with a cookbook in hand, and very full stomach.