Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
This private half day tour will take you to Jade Gate Pass (Yumengguan) by comfortably air-conditioned vehicle from your Dunhuang hotel. You will see this important pass of ancient Silk Road and visit the Museum of Jade Gate Pass. The Great Wall of Han dynasty is very different with Badaling Great Wall in Beijing..
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1YumenStop: 2 hoursYour private English-speaking guide will meet you in the lobby of your Dunhuang hotel to embark on a half day of adventure. You will be transferred by comfortably air-conditioned private vehicle to Jade Gate Pass that is located about 90 kilometers away from downtown Dunhuang. The Jade Gate Pass and the site of Han Dynasty Great Wall (256 B.C. - 195 B.C.) which takes approximately 1 hour. In Chinese history, Han Dynasty built many walls to strengthen the safety of their frontier as well as exploring ways to do business with the western region. Instead of piling up layers upon layers of stones or bricks like other dynasties did, the Great Wall of Han Dynasty was built with sand and weeds that were abundant locally. These two materials were mixed together by being layered on top of each other. On average, every layer measures from 4.7 to 5.9 inches (12 to 15 centimeters). Current remains of the wall is ranging from 1.6 feet tall to over 6.6 feet in height. At the end, you will be transferred back to your Dunhuang hotel where this tour ends around 13:00pm or 18:30pmRead more
- Private tour
- English-speaking guide
- Professional driver
- Hotel pickup & drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Environmental Management Charge (Reef Tax)
- Bottled water
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Silk Road Angel Tours
Perfect trip from Xining to Dunhuang
We enjoyed a perfectly organized 6 days trip from Xining to Qinghai to Dunhuang. With nice weather, nice hotels, a …
Effortless & Authentic experiences of Gansu
With the distances between points of interest across Gansu (Lanzhou, Zhangye, Dunhuang), and only 5 days to cover i…
3 Day Gansu Custom tour
We did a super condensed 3 day custom tour of Gansu Province. As foreigners, we were concerned about the impact of …
Recommend doing this trip with 4-6 people so you can easily share the expenses. Mogao caves and sand dunes was the best
After looking at all the options, seeing what other tours were doing and asking friends who have been; I ended up c…
Wonderful trip with tour guide and operator Steven
We had a wonderful trip that was organized and guided by Steven, The trip included two provinces - Gansu and Sichua…
Dunhuang was a truly magical setting. The magnificent sand dunes surrounding the city on the horizon combined with …
Silk Road Trip for our CIEE Shanghai program
We have been working with Steven Kang since 2012. Each year in late October, Steven helps us to organize and coordi…
Went through CIEE, Lots of fun!
Really enjoyed DunHuang, and having this tour was a huge plus getting to know the city. The tour guide was friendly…
Excellent Dunhuang Tour
Steven was a great tour guide for our group trip to Dunhuang. He met us at the train station at 5am, and had everyt…
10/10 would do again. Extremely sincere tour guide and hope to participate in another Dunhuang tour in the future
Great School Trip
Awesome food, hotels, and activities. Many interactions with local people and culture that would be near impossible…
Seamless Tour of Dunhuang
Everything was taken care of with ease. We all had so much fun at the Singing Sand Sand dunes and the Mogao Grottos…
DUNHUANG AND MORE
Steven Kang is a very competent guide. His knowledge of this beautiful part of China is wonderful as well as his g…
Amazing tour in Dunhuang. Started in the morning with camel riding on Mingsha Mountain, and then a beautiful walk t…
We were with Steven for 2 days and have learned so much about the area and the culture. He is very knowledgeable an…
- Duration: 4–5 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, French, Japanese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty
How much is Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty?
Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty price starts from $204.11. Discover and book Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty cancellation policy?
Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty?
Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty is hosted by Silk Road Angel Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Silk Road Angel Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty?
On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Private Silk Road Half Day Tour of Jade Gate Pass & Great Wall of Han Dynasty on Tripadvisor