In this tour you will have the opportunity to visit one of the most famous favelas in Rio de Janeiro, experience the residents' cotiano and enjoy one of the most beautiful views of the city
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-70, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
Portuguese, English, French, Spanish
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Mirante Dona Marta
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick Up Conditions Customers who are within the covered areas, pick up will take place as long as it is guaranteed / included in the tour. This service allows the customer to be picked up at their hotel before each tour. List of areas covered: Leblon, Ipanema, Copacabana and Rudder. If the clients / contractors are outside the covered area of the pick up, you must go to the nearest hotel meeting point, for these situations you should contact customer service to arrange the best meeting point.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 135093P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Tour Favela Santa Marta?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Tour Favela Santa Marta on Tripadvisor
- How much is Tour Favela Santa Marta?
- Tour Favela Santa Marta price starts from $90.00. Discover and book Tour Favela Santa Marta on Tripadvisor
- What is the Tour Favela Santa Marta cancellation policy?
- Tour Favela Santa Marta cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tour Favela Santa Marta on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Tour Favela Santa Marta?
- Tour Favela Santa Marta is hosted by Brasil Show Turismo. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Brasil Show Turismo on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tour Favela Santa Marta on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 135093P6
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Mirante Dona MartaStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedWe will start the tour with the transfer from the hotel to the beginning of Santa Marta station, where the guide will pass information about Favela Santa Marta and the city of Rio. Next we will go to the top of the favela using the Santa Marta cable car to the locals where tourists will be able to witness the everyday life of the locals taking a stroll through the streets and alleys where local history is told in tandem with the history of famous people who came here as Queen Eliabeth II, Michael Jackson, Madonna. The top of the favela has a panoramic view of the city, where you can see the Cristo Redentor, Sugar Loaf, Botafogo Beach, Rodrigues de Freitas Lagoon and the entire Botafogo neighborhood.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Brasil Show Turismo
Joined in March 2019
#26 of 316 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Rio de Janeiro
- MaryTF52200Excellent full day of all the main sitesFull day of activities. Marcio was amazing and he knows his stuff. He was easy to talk to and he kept the group together. Definitely worth your time. It is a very full day so be prepared to be exhausted but in a good way.
- A2753IRveronicaw00Day Tour in RioMarcio was such an amazing guide. Really made it easy to remember the facts of the city. So glad we got him. The church, the stairs, christ the redeemer and even sugar loaf mountain in the rain was such a wonderful way to see this city we have waited all of our lives to come to. Thanks Marcio❣️ Loved sharing with all the wonderful people on our tour as well ❤️ 😀
- anandsR9934KA00AwesomeAwesome guide Marcelino and wonderful day. Took us to all the attractions in Rio .Enjoyed it !…………….
- 992yashs00BestTrip was very good. Thankyou marcio for wonderful day. It was good to know about brazil by you. Thankyou once again.
- Kevin1241100Perfect for a first day in rioGreat tour with Marcio, he did triple language stories without delaying the tour. Friendly and taking care. Had a great day!
- savrikm00Rio Tour CityOur tour guide Marcio was an amazing person and human being. He is so intelligent and aware of the understanding and exceptional beautiful city of Rio de Janiero. Marcio provided us with exceptional wisdom and knowledge of the places we visited in Rio. We were shocked and amazing of the beautiful Brazil 🇧🇷 and loved every second and minute with Marcio. Thank you so much and this your was life changing experience for me Marcio. I really appreciate your hard work and sacrifice. 🙏🙏🙏
- MoeZAli1300FantasticWell informed excursion. Our guide Marcio was funny, knowledgeable and super friendly. The excursion takes you to all the major points with well thought out information. No hassle, beat the lines. Just sit back and enjoy without being rushed. Definitely would recommend this tour to anyone and comes with delicious lunch at a nice buffet restaurant
- kolmantco00Un tour muy gratificanteEspañol: Tuvimos una increíble experiencia con este tour. Reservamos súper tarde, 10PM, y las personas detrás del WhatsApp nos respondieron y ayudaron sin problema; sin embargo, el protagonista del día fue nuestro guía. Marcio, con su carisma y su gran dominio del portugués, español e inglés, se preocupa mucho por hacer que todas las personas entendamos lo que nos quiere contar y disfrutemos el recorrido. Yo hablo español y entiendo bastante inglés y puedo dar fe de que Marcio se esforzó en dar la información en ambos lenguajes sin perder demasiado detalle, cosa que lastimosamente sí he visto en otros tours que he tomado en otras ciudades. Por otro lado, el tour es un poquito más costoso que en otras agencias -pero lo vale 100%-, y muchos de los compañeros del tour no estuvieron listos así que demoramos un buen tiempo recogiéndolos, pero por esas cosas no creo que deberían arrepientan. Tuve poco tiempo en Río de Janeiro y creo que no hubiera sido Io mismo sin el tour y sin Marcio narrando toda la ciudad. Gracias! English: We had an amazing experience with this tour. We booked super late -10PM or so-, we wrote to its WhatsApp with no hope but they answered very fast and we could book without any problem; however, the protagonist of the day was our guide. Marcio, with his charisma and his great proficiency of Portuguese, Spanish and English, cares a lot about making everyone understand what he wants to tell us and enjoy the tour. I speak Spanish and understand quite a bit of English and I can attest that Marcio made an effort to give the information in both languages without losing too much detail, which unfortunately I have seen in other tours that I have taken in other cities. On the other hand, the tour is a little bit more expensive than in other agencies -but it worths 100%-, and many of the tour partners were not ready so it took us a long time to pick them up, but for those things I don't think you should regret. I had just a few days in Rio de Janeiro and I think it would not have been the same without the tour and without Marcio narrating the whole city. Thank you!
- OnAir71589100GUIdO MARCIO make my vaca memorable, thank you , you are 5 🌟,Our guide tour was GUIDO MARCIO, he was very a knowledge about all questions , and gave us full of History about Brazil, very passion for his work, professional, respect all passenger , very king and pation to, he knows all about any details from start to end, i was before at same tour , but GUIDO MARCIO was efferent , plus he gave us new information i never heard on my previous tour, he is excellent, amazing person with lot of aknowlage.. thank you GuIDO MARcio 10/10 star🙏🙏
- ellieb77200The best way to see Rio in a day! A really enjoyable day out with guide MarcioThe day was thoroughly enjoyable and really provided excellent knowledge of the history of Rio. Our tour guide Marcio was a foundation of knowledge, fun and personable. He ran the tour in both Portuguese and English and really made sure both languages were given equal attention. We were taken to see all the great sights of Rio. The best part was watching the sunset from sugarloaf mountain.
- barbarasU8192QK00Day Trip through RioThe One Day Trip through Rio was excellent! Our guide Marcio Lima was really great! He explained everything in three languages and in a really interesting and very funny way! The Christ Redeemer Tour and after all the Sugarloaf Sunset Trip were amazing! We have rarely had an excellent trip like this!
- QueenOfTheWorld4500Amazing TourThis is a great tour. My tour guide Talyta was excellent. She is professional, knowledgeable and kind. She even offered to take pictures for us. She is lovely. I highly recommend this tour. Love it!!
- 435abhishekb00Amazing tour company, great guide.We had a tour recently with this company and it was amazing. The bus was very comfortable and well maintained. The tour guide Guide Marcio Lima was great during the whole tour and kept everyone well engaged. He was patient enough to explain everything in all the languages the group understood. English, Portuguese and Español. Absolutely recommended!
- Z153NBwarrenb00Day tour of RioGreat day spent with Marcia as our guide . Very knowledgable and a real people person. Would recommend to anyone,
- Jperez546400Best city tour Of RioI took this tour with guide Marcio Lima and it was hands down one of the best tours I’ve taken in a long time. He explained everything in Portuguese, Spanish and English, taking time to speak to the different groups and making it feel like an inclusive experience. My tour had a handicapped person and the attention to her needs was amazing to see. We covered a lot of ground this day and I truly felt like we saw all of the major attractions. Highly recommend this tour if you make the trip and def. recommend asking for Marcio if possible.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Mar 2022 • Friends
Our tour guide was Leo. He made us feel safe, he was very informative, friendly, and took great photos. The tour was a very eye opening experience and I highly recommend this tour!
Written March 29, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Tour Favela Santa Marta provided by Brasil Show Turismo
Product Overview: Tour Favela Santa Marta
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos