per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- English-Speaking Professional Driver
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Personal Expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up & Drop-off At Any Hotels / Apartments & Residence In Kuala Lumpur City
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 164152P34
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur?
- Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur price starts from $22.50. Discover and book Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- What is the Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur cancellation policy?
- Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur?
- Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur is hosted by RIYAS ADVENTURE TIME. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact RIYAS ADVENTURE TIME on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 164152P34
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Batu CavesStop: 2 hoursBatu Caves Is One Of The Most Popular Hindu Shrines Outside India, Dedicated To Lord Murugan. It Is The Focal Point Of Hindu Festival Of Thaipusam In Malaysia. It Is Also Known As The 10th Caves Or Hill For Lord Muruga As It Is One Of The Ten Most Important Shrines In India And Malaysia. The Lord Murugan Statue At The Foot Of Batu Caves Is The Second Tallest Hindu Deity Statue In The World With A Heroic Height Of 42.7 Metres (140 Ft.). The Limestone Forming Batu Caves Is Said To Be Around 400 Million Years Old. Some Of The Cave Entrances Were Used As Shelters By The Aboriginal Temuan / Besisi People (A Tribe Of Orang Asli). As Early As 1860, Chinese Settlers Began Excavating Guano For Fertilising Their Vegetable Patches. However, They Became Famous Only After The Limestone Hills Were Recorded By Colonial Authorities Including Daly And Syers As Well As American Naturalist, William Hornaday In 1878. The History Of Batu Caves Started In 1891 When Mr. K. Thamboosamy Pillai, Who Also Founded The Sri Maha Mariamman Temple Dhevasthanam, Kuala Lumpur, Sent His Very Close Associates, Sri Thiruvengadam Pillai And Sri Kanthapa Thevar To Survey For An Ideal And Suitable Place Of Worship For Lord Sri Murugan. It Was In That Year, That The Influential Descendant Of Indian Immigrants From Tamil Nadu, India, Mr. K. Thamboosamy Pillai Installed The ‘Murti’ Or Consecrated Idol Of Sri Subramaniar Swamy (Lord Murugan) In The 400-Ft. High Temple Cave. From 1892 Onwards, The Thaipusam Festival In The Tamil Month Of Thai (Which Falls In Late January/Early February) Has Been Celebrated There As The Annual Festival Of Batu Caves. Wooden Steps Up To The Temple Cave Were Built In 1920 And Have Since Been Replaced By 272 Concrete Steps. Rising Almost 100 M Above The Ground, The Batu Caves Temple Complex Consists Of Three Main Caves And A Few Smaller Ones. The Biggest, Referred To As Cathedral Cave Or Temple Cave, Has A 100 M-High Ceiling And Features Ornate Hindu Shrines. To Reach It, Visitors Must Climb A Precipitous Flight Of 272 Steps.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
RIYAS ADVENTURE TIME
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined in June 2019
#52 of 322 Transportation in Kuala Lumpur
- Deepika02500LovelyThis is a lovely quaint place to visit. Away from the city and clean fresh air. Very picturesque place. Not a very big place to see but it's a good visit.
- mop68500Worth a visitQuite impressive. Only needed 90 mins to see everything. The stairs are very steep and not fit for senior people.
- tinaharan r00Excellent tourWe had been to KL before but not for 10 years. We could adapt this tour for our exact needs. Our driver guide Tina was very helpful and obliging.
- georgiakatesue00Personal tour experienceIf you don’t feel like taking the bus or being a big group this is an excellent way to get around and see some sights. Honey was my driver and she was fantastic. The Batu Caves is the best part and the other places were fine as well, but I didnt find them as interesting.
- Richard M00Batu Caves IncludedWe arranged this tour while in Port Klang for the day from a cruise ship. Picked up promptly and taken on the 60 Min journey to Kuala Lumpur by our driver and guide Gopi. We chose this as none of the ship's tours went to the Batu caves which were really the highlight of the tour. We saw most of the main sites in KL also and Gopi answered all our questions. We were taken back to the ship in good time despite the very heavy traffic.
- Christ S00Recomended travel for pleasureVery friendly tour guide and driver. Also very ontime and flexible. Will book again for next visit. Thanks
- maryana_bb00Bus service for transfer to KL and to from airportsWe visited Kuala Lumpur as a corporate group of 28. Used this bus service for transfer to KL and to/ from airports. The bus were very clean and comfortable with friendly drivers. I would definitely recommend this bus rental service to those who looking for a bus in KL with reasonable price. For sure I will use this bus service for my next trip in KL ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- erissaandrian00Thank youBest tour for group, on time and very good deals. I will recommend this tour for my colleagues and families . Thank you! See you again ;)
- WanderTravelYYC00Comfortable Reliable ServicesWe visited Malaysia as a family group of 14, used the services of GP Global several times for various out of KL tours including Batu Caves, Fireflies boat tour & Putrajaya as well as long transfer to Penang and to/from airports. They provided reliable vehicles and friendly drivers that were accommodating and flexible to our needs. Definitely recommend.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Aug 2019 • Solo
Really nice excursion with nice guide !
Beautifull temple and you can meet friends like monkeys ! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Beautifull temple and you can meet friends like monkeys ! Xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Written August 19, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you so much for your support...!
Written August 21, 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.
Buy it with
Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur provided by RIYAS ADVENTURE TIME
Product Overview: Batu Caves Tour from Kuala Lumpur
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos