Dive into and swoon about one of Kyoto's most historically rich areas, Higashiyama ("Eastern Mountain") with your very own private, English speaking guide with vast knowledge of Kyoto and Japanese culture. Start from the southernmost mountain in the city, where the justifiably famous Fushimi Inari Shrine lies in wait with its thousands upon thousands of bright red torii gates leading you up the mountain into higher and still holier places. Mission accomplished, a short train ride (included) deposits us perfectly for an exploration of the Gion, a traditional entertainment district, where geisha still hold court and high regard. Work your way through various temples and shrines on the east side while learning what makes this area so special. All admission fees and transit are included so there's no need to fret about hidden fees. Since this is a private tour, feel free to contact us about any changes you'd like to make to the itinerary. We're very flexible.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Entrance fees to temples and shrines
- Transit from Fushimi Inari to Gion
- A native or equivalent speaker of your language (we mean it!), and someone that is actually fun too
- First child (12 and under) free! Additional children at greatly reduced pricing.
- Entry/Admission - Fushimi Inari-taisha Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Yasui-Konpiragu
- Entry/Admission - Kodai-ji Temple
- Food and Drinks
- Taxis (not required, but the customer may request one if they like)
- Departure details
- Inari Station, Fukakusa Inarionmaecho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0881, Japan Inari Station
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33348P21
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More?
- How much is Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More?
- Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More price starts from $125.00. Discover and book Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More on Tripadvisor
- What is the Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More cancellation policy?
- Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More?
- Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More is hosted by Pinpoint Traveler. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pinpoint Traveler on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33348P21
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atInari StationFukakusa Inarionmaecho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0881, JapanInari StationSee address & details
- 1Fushimi Inari-taisha ShrineStop: 75 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Hanamikoji StreetStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Yasui-KonpiraguStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byYasakanoto
- 4Kodai-ji TempleStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Sannenzaka NinenzakaStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atInari StationFukakusa Inarionmaecho, Fushimi Ward, Kyoto, 612-0881, JapanInari StationSee address & details
About the operator
Joined in February 2018
#7 of 623 Nightlife in Osaka
- vickicork00Excellent tourExcellent tour. Highly recommend . The food is absolutely fantastic and I do not even like Japanese food that much and prefer vegetarian but the veg and chicken options , the drinks are so good . We booked the tour last minute otherwise they said they would have accommodated our preferences even more but what we had was excellent and the walking tour itself was great from the theater to the shrine and along the narrow streets to the two places we ate . Our young guide from North Carolina living in Japan was very very good .l and made sure everyone was taken care of . We enjoyed talking with others on tour too
- I8933AVwaltert00Temples and Shrines, Peace and Serenity , OsakaWe had a wonderful day with Lito our guide. Lito very accommodating to make sure that we saw the best of Osaka in the day we had with him. We had lots of laughs and nothing was to much trouble. The Tour was a delight as he took us to the less visited temples and shrines so the crowds were not prevalent which was very pleasing, the peace and serenity of the temples and shrines really stood out.
- Stay82218100Not worth the priceNot recommend. It was a nice experience but too expensive comparing to what was offered. Pros: -Our guide is a lovely lady and share interesting knowledge/ facts of kyoto along the way - Nice route to experience beautiful kyoto stress in the night. Cons: With the expensive price, I was expecting food with high quality. However all we ended up in local restaurants and on the menu it was around 300 yen to 700 yen per dish (around 4 dish + 1drinks each restaurant ,two restaurants in the tour) while we paid around 18500 yen for the experience. The food is good and authentic yet the tour costs too much compares what is offered.
- ceegeeep00Fantastic insider knowledge, fun times, great foodJoshua was brilliant. Has studied Japanese culture and language at university, so very knowledgeable. The places he took us were so interesting. The Shrine was do interesting and Joshua explained everything. The food and staff at the restaurant bars were amazing, as was the food. We never would have found these places on our own.
- Kristen M00Great experience of GionDiogo was a great tour guide. We learnt lots about the Japanese culture and Gion district on the tour. He was very funny and friendly. The two food places we visited had lots of food to try. Great experience.
- patriciabF2895LR00Great overview of Osaka - and Japanese history!Excellent tour thanks to our extraordinary guide. Damien was an ideal guide: deeply knowledgeable and friendly. As a scholar of Japanese history and culture who lives here with his Japanese wife and children, he gave us a fascinating run-down of the sites and events of this area. Furthermore, he had thoughtful and well-informed answers to questions I'd wondered for years and previous tour guides had not been fully able to answer: How is it that Japan can have two religions coexist so harmoniously? To what extent have emperors in Japan ever held practical power vs more symbolic roles? The tour was action-packed and covered a lot of ground, but never felt rushed. We even managed to stop for a couple of snacks when our eyes lit up at obscure street food and, later, in a posh food hall.
- jeffcQ2030EA00Amazing walking tour led by an charming tour guideI booked the “HYPERTOKYO: Shinjuku, Shibuya, and more" tour directly with Pinpoint Travelers and was guided by Michelle. I can’t say enough good things about this walking tour! Michelle did an amazing job balancing a group of 5 travelers, answering questions, providing interesting history facts, and most importantly taking photos of us with our smartphones! Exploring Shibuya, Shinjuku, and Harajuku by yourself as a solo traveler would be a daunting task — but with Michelle as my guide, I had a great time and got a flavor for the areas! I highly recommend this tour to anyone - and ask for Michelle! 😄
- JRen400Amazing Tour with Guide Joshua!My husband and I had an amazing experience on this tour! Joshua was an incredible tour guide and was very accommodating to my shellfish allergy. We learned so much about the food, culture, and attitudes of Osaka, and Joshua took the time to give us even more places to go and advice for our next days of our time in Japan. We highly recommend this tour with Joshua!
- NZEmCat00Fun walk with interesting sights.An excellent tour with interesting sights and information. Diogo was a fun guide and took us on an excellent tour through the streets and to some fun eateries. The only tip I would give is that there is a lot of food so be prepared to eat a lot.
- Fran L00Not worth the money!I felt that although our tour guide was very knowledgeable and nice, overall the tour was overpriced and not earth the money. We had an exclusive sushi dinner in Tokyo for half what we paid. One of the stops was a stand-up restaurant. It was not pleasant and we got a few small plates to share. The second place was better but again a few plates and since I neglected to mention I don't eat meat, the last course which was meat was not served to either me or my companion and she does eat meat. No substitution was offered. I told the guide to just serve us anyway but he felt it necessary to cancel even my friends meal. It just wasn't fun or what we expected. I really don't know any more about Gion then I did before the tour!
- Elizabeth D00Food Drinks and KyotoWe had a fantastic evening with Ferdinand. He was full of colorful insights and anecdotes about Kyoto. We loved the two establishments we visited - not places we’d have found on our own and the food was very tasty. Thank you for our introduction to Kyoto!
- kathleendU3866GA00Had a great time!Maya was an amazing guide! She was super knowledgeable of the area and let us know all about Gion in a fun and interesting way. The places we stopped to eat all had fantastic food and the wagu beef and tempura were perfect ❤️ The temple we went to at night was also gorgeous and I would highly recommend this tour to anyone
- wdkaler00Stepping out in OsakaSmall group of just 4 people made it easy to traverse the trail through Temma with our guide Damien. So much fun dining in little stand up cafes that I’d be too intimidated to enter without a Japanese speaking g guide. Tried so many new and exotic dishes. Also loved our visit to a big supermarket to see all of the exotic fresh ingredients available for meal prep and be taught what each was. What fun hearing about Osaka and it’s vibe which is very different from other Japanese cities. Highly recommend for adventurous palates!
- tvsnowman00Fantastic tour with terrific guideA fun and interesting tour lead by Kevin R. From the beginning to end, this tour was great. Kevin’s friendly personality and knowledge made this tour a memorable experience. I highly recommend this tour as it fulfilled all our expectations and more. He took the time to show us Kyoto and never rushed us. His laidback style was exactly what I had hoped for. If you want a personal guide that is not boring then book this tour. Every place on this tour was amazing. Autumn fall colors and beautiful scenery. Unbelievably gorgeous! Five stars!
- Voyage5724440059500Memorial Peace ParkWonder place to visit, many things to see esp the peace museum. Huge park with other exhibits to visit. Lots of places to eat in this area. It took us 3 days to take in everything at this park.
Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More provided by Pinpoint Traveler
Product Overview: Carefree Private Exploration of Fushimi Inari, Gion, Kiyomizudera, and More
Number of Photos