One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour
By Stefanie's XiAn Private Tour-Xi'an Private One-day Tour
If you are into paintings, especially folk painting art, this day trip is perfect for you. You will have a personal tour guide, who accompanies you and introduce you about the origin, development and the statuesque of this modern folk art. You will see hundreds of masterpieces that are actually made from local peasants. If you are lucky, you might be able to view a local master finish one work. Meanwhile, your guide will lead you to enjoy an authentic local food in a farmer’s house. If you are interested, you may purchase one or pieces to collect.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- English-speaking tour guide service
- Parking Fees
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Please leave your hotel name and address when you book this trip. Any hotels located outside the city will cause extra compensation.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 85993P13
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour?
- One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour price starts from $166.16. Discover and book One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour cancellation policy?
- One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour?
- One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour is hosted by Stefanie's XiAn Private Tour-Xi'an Private One-day Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Stefanie's XiAn Private Tour-Xi'an Private One-day Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book One Day Huxian Peasant Painting Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 85993P13
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Paesant Painting of Huxian CountyStop: 3 hoursYour tour guide will meet you at 7:30 a.m and you will have a day trip to Huxian county, a peasant painting paradise. This trip will open your horizon with all kinds of peasant paintings and local cultural & customs. Located in the southwest of Xian city, Huxian county is one of three side centers designed in the Xian International Metropolis Blueprint. It’s also famous for peasant paintings, traditional poems, and drum dance. The Peasant Painting is originated from traditional paper cutting and embroidery art in 1950s. Since the 1970s, it grows more popular and becomes one of the most influential hometown for peasant painting through the whole country, even in the world. In 1988, Huxian is officially named as “Hometown for China Modern Folk Painting”. In the last two decades, Huxian Peasant has produced about 30,000 masterpieces, of which over 1500 works were published in national periodicals, 428 paintings has been awarded in various art gallery, over 4500 pieces were displayed in other countries and regions, and over 18700 pieces were collected by foreign museums and private collectors. Sometimes, it is gifted to other state head as a token of friendship. Perhaps attributing to the long history and civilization of Xian city, the folklore art in this land was particularly featured with foreign essence and daily life. The topics are in various kinds and the painting itself are very vivid. The peasants were not only painting with their hands, but more importantly with their heart full of love for where they live.From its composition, color, style, and pattern, you can see the profound culture integrated with modern art. Just like the western folk song, the peasant painting aims to express the people’s passion and pursuit for better life. Nowadays, Huxian Peasant Paintings is gaining more fame with its distinct features of passionate color, rich imagination, simple style and common people-friendliness. If you ever take metro in China, you will see peasant painting everywhere. During the tour, you will have lunch at one of the farmers house and enjoy the most authentic local peasant food. After the tour, you will be transferred back to Xian city for rest.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Knowledgeable tour guide with great service mind
Stefanie was our tour guide for our visit to Terracotta Army and Huaqing Palace. Since the beginning, we're picked …
Terra-cotta warriors & Silk-road show
We (family with 2 kids 12&14) did the tour with Stephanie and also included the Silk Road Show afterwards. It was a…
A new friend in XI'an!
An amazing weekend in Xi’an with Stefanie! Stefanie was the best tour guide and made my trip stress free and full o…
Covid Times - Big Thanks to Stefanie
Thank you, Stefanie, for giving me and hubby a wonderful trip in Xian. We had a wonderful trip visiting the Terra-…
Wonders of Xian with Stefanie
Our first family trip to Xian was amazing thanks to our awesome guide Stefanie. She catered to our every need from …
Short notice of vacation
The trip was arranged perfectly and met the expectations eventhough very short noticed . Strongly recommend as tour…
Great tour in Xi’an !
Our trip in Xi’an was fabulous and greatly exceeded our expectation ! It was a great historic site with both day an…
Great Xi’an day trip to see the warriors and history museum
We visited Xi’an in late December 2019. We arranged a customized tour with Stefanie in advance that would take our …
Perfect Xian customized day tour
Everything is private. Emily come on time and even earlier than scheduled at 8:30 to our hotel with a comfortable 8…
Guided Tour of Terracotta Warriors and Xi'an.
Stephanie's tour far exceeded our expectations. She had arranged for us on the day of our arrival an evening show …
Great day trip with Melanie
I was thinking about just getting a car(driver) to take me to the Terracotta Warriors but thought it would be much …
We did a 3-day Xi'An private tour with Stefanie, covering the Terrocotta Warriors, Hua Qing Palance, Big Goose Pago…
Terracotta Warriors & Mount Huashan
We had 2 days tour with Stefanie of 11 people: The Emperor Qinshihuang's Mausoleum Site Museum and we were amazed w…
2 days in Xi'an
We spend two wonderful days in Xi'an with Melanie, we saw very beautiful things and we tried very good food. I reco…
My family and I booked the private transfer with Stefanie for couples of day within the Xi’an city as well as outsi…