2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train
This 2-day private tour leads you to the amazing sightseeing of the famous Yungang Grottos and Hanging Temple in Datong. Experience the speedy bullet train of China for your short excursion from Xi'an. Accompany by your professional private guide to learn the local history. Includes private guide, Enjoy tasty local cuisines and transportation, and accommodation in Datong. this interesting overnight stay trip is perfectly for you.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 2 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Professional guide
- Private transportation in Xi'an, Taiyuan, Datong city
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- 1 night accommodation in local B&B or Hotel (if all inclusive package is selected)
- Entry/Admission - Yungang Grottoes
- Entry/Admission - Hengshan Hanging Temple
- Entry/Admission - Yungang Grottoes
- Entry/Admission - Hengshan Hanging Temple (Xuankong si)
- Hotel accommodation (if all inclusive package is selected)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Your centrally located hotel in Xi'an
- Xianyang Airport, Xi'an China
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 37001P128
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Overnight stay at local B&B is based on double occupancy per room. If you are single traveler, you will have your own private room
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Most travelers can participate
- Refer to train Numbers:Xi'an to Taiyuan: D2502 (07:41/11:23) or similar train. Taiyuan to Xi'an: D2527(17:27/21:07) or similar train.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train on Tripadvisor
- How much is 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train?
- 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train price starts from $553.85. Discover and book 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train on Tripadvisor
- What is the 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train cancellation policy?
- 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train?
- 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train is hosted by Jeff Ning China Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Jeff Ning China Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 37001P128
Reserve your spot
Xi'an - Taiyuan by bullet train...
Datong - Taiyuan - Xi'an by...
About the operator
Jeff Ning China Tours
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Joined in September 2017
- 302kaneh00AwesomeOne of the most amazing tours I've ever been on. Miss Lin was so knowledgeable with a beautiful personality and perfect English too. She told me about the entire history of the terracotta solders but also the history of Xi'an and China. As we drove to and from the museum she told me about all of China's dynasties and their history too. I leant more about China in 4 hours with Miss Lin than I learned in the previous 30 odd years. It was absolutely the best tour and book Miss Lin. You definitely wont regret it. Just Don't go during school holidays. 🙂
- iwjapan00Xian is one of the best city in China.Guide was so nice and kind! Many historical places were also interesting. The weather was good. Every things were luckily good.
- Charlie H00Nothing else to say other than AMAZING!Amazing tour. Lin is so knowledgeable and so friendly. Not only did a great job giving us a tour of terracotta, took us to some delicious authentic noodle place, and also helped us with a million other things, including small things like bargaining for souvenirs, contacting ticket offices of other tourist attractions for us, and providing plenty of knowledge about the city and planning our trip. Amazing tour and I will definitely use them again if I come to Xi’an in the future.
- Gregg M00An amazing look into China's past.I had a fantastic time seeing the Terracotta Warriors. Kelly was a very kind and knowledgeable guide, and even though I'd studied some of the history beforehand, she still provided me with information that only a professional would know. It was quite crowded when we went, but she always knew the best places to go for great views - and it really made a difference. She and the driver went above and beyond to make sure I had a great experience. And due to their efforts, the morning exceeded my already high expectations. Just superb.
- 82terjet004 Norwegians having an amazing time at terracotta army.Lin picked up at the hotel and took us to the terracotta army. She had very good english and chinese. So she could explain everything we were wondering. She knew just about everything regarding the history of Xi'an and the terracotta army. After the terracotta she took us to eat at a local xi'an restautant. The 4 of us are/were very pleased and happy to get such an amazing guide. After the meal she took us back to our hotel.
- Roma K00Huashan northern peak climbThe trip was amazing, in big part thanks to Lin! Highly recommend her for anyone wishing to reach the top,very knowledgeable and everything was well organized. We came earlier and avoided the crowds, the climb was difficult but well worth it! Also pay attention to the weather forecast.
- DucH_787800Loved the tourI really enjoyed this tour. It is worth it to have a private guide to see the terracotta warriors as there's so much history and fascinating things to learn. The city walls are so peaceful to walk on. Definitely the tour to do if you have one day in Xi'an.
- DucH_787800Great hike and viewsIt was a well organized tour and I enjoyed conversations with the guide who spoke to the history of the mountain. The scenery was great even though it rained. The hike is tough but well worth it.
- novz2400Recommend Xi’an tour with LinThe best part of our trip was seeing the Terracotta warriors. Lin was very knowledgeable of the history and all the facts about the Terracotta and Emperor Qin. We learned so much from her as she explained the important details and facts. She also helped us find very good Terracotta souvenirs at a good price. She even coordinated with the vendor to make sure the terracotta figures we bought will be shipped to our home. Lin also took us to a small local restaurant which serves very good BiangBiang mian - very delicious! she even let us try the Chinese burger and some local drinks. Traveling now very more complicated with all the required healthcodes, nucleic acid tests, and some mini-app registrations that needed to be done before and upon arrival at Xi’an. Thankfully, Lin has started communicating with us through wechat a couple of days before our flight to Xi’an, so she was able to guide us on filling-up the forms, including the district of our hotel, etc. It was a fun and educational tour and we highly recommend Lin to those who plan to visit Xi’an on a tight schedule.
- zmegma00Terracotta TourThis was a wonderfully informative and well-paced trip. Lin was my guide and she was charming and extremely knowledgable, not only about the terracotta soliders, but Chinese history. From the point of pick-up until drop off Lin kept me engaged telling me relevant local and historical information and answering my questions with ease. She also went above and beyond with recommendations and advice for the rest of my stay in Xi'an.
- joernb201600Wonderful experience with extremely knowledgeable guide.This was one of the highlights of our trip. The size of the exhibition is mind blowing. But with our very knowledgeable and wonderful guide Lin, it was a perfect way for us to experience this wonderful historical site. She made it very easy for us to get around, understand all the detail and background and really enjoy it to the fullest. Also the after the tour following lunch was very entertaining and delicious. Thank you, Lin!
- mariasB2379XW00Excellent Xi’anHaving Lin tour us around Xi’an is probably the greatest highlight of our trip. We could tell she is passionate for both her city and her craft. She was patient with our need to start late and was sensitive to our interests and questions (We like learning about little details related to history.). All the sights were great, but meeting and finding a friend in Lin made them memorable.
- Dung196k00Xian – If you come first time, there will be second timeLin, who is my tour guide, has walked me through Chinese history in Qin Dysnaty with lots of stories about Qinshihuang and his Teracotta Army, which made things become alive and very exciting. Seeing the history people's craftmanship will definitely make you astonished and winder hoe they can make things to this exquisite level. Lin is more than a tour guide, but a friend. She spent whole day with me, accompanying me, sharing Xian's history and introducing local food with me. I highly recommand this tour for everyone. Thank you so much, Lin.
- lillianccheng00Xian your way - fantastic guide!Lin was a fantastic and enthusiastic guide for my day tour - extremely knowledgeable and friendly! As a solo female traveler, she helped me tailor a plan for my one day tour based on my preferences and recommendations I had received from friends. She even gave detailed recommendations for the rest of my time in Xian! You can tell she really loves what she does - left a wonderful memory of the city for me!
- meiguoB00Great Private TourWe had a lovely tour of the Terracotta Soldiers with this company and our tour guide, Francy. We booked the tour because of the good reviews and the promise of a toddler car seat. They had a good quality toddler seat already strapped into a new Buick mini-van that was nice and comfortable. The drive is long, but the nice car and the history narration from our guide made it seem shorter. Francy’s English is great, and she was also willing to hold our children’s hands, hold umbrellas, and walk us to countless bathrooms. Lunch was also good, but we did pay extra to get a Chinese hamburger for our picky eater. We are so happy that we paid extra to get a proper private tour.
Buy it with
2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train provided by Jeff Ning China Tours
Product Overview: 2-Day Private Trip to Yungang Grottoes and Hanging Monastery from Xi'an by Bullet Train
Number of Photos