Terracotta Warriors: which is about 40 kilometers away from the downtown area of Xi'an, at east side outskirts of the city, discovered accidentally in 1974,by local farmers who digging the well.this incredible army contain more than 8000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots who are going to guard emperor Qin's tomb in full battle formation since 210BC. Each figure is unique,even today the excavation still continue in 3 pits.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
Audio guide: English
Print or digital reading material such as a guide, map, brochure, etc.
What's not included
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour guide
- The entrance fee
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Xi'an, Xi'an, Shaanxi
- Xianyang Airport, Xi'an China
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 45342P27
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your meeting place is at train station or XIY airport, please kindly advise your arrival train/flight information upon booking
- No-shopping tour
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide?
- Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide price starts from $83.30. Discover and book Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide on Tripadvisor
- What is the Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide cancellation policy?
- Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide?
- Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide is hosted by Xian Tour Expert. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Xian Tour Expert on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 6h. Discover and book Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 45342P27
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Xian Tour Expert
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Joined in January 2016
#4 of 31 Outdoor Activities in Xi'an
- Christian M00Great day trip to HuashanPerfect trip arrangement for people who want a convenient travel method to and from Huashan, but still want to explore the mountain independently without a guide. It is somewhat expensive compared to viable options, but the convenience can definitely be worth it for someone who's not used to traveling around in China independently. You'll get help to purchase the relevant tickets on site, and the driver is easy to talk to about Huashan route recommendations or various other topics.
- karenlO5313PE00Wonderful experience and I would recommend this tour from "Xian Tour Expert " to everyone.Mount HuaShan excursion was a sudden decision to go where "Xian Tour Expert" help make it happened. Booking with them was easy with no concern. We were picked up according to the pick up time from our hotel which makes things convenient where we don't have to go somewhere to be pick up. Our tour operator, Bruce, was friendly, polite and knowledgeable. Also, help mapped out an itinerary that fit my family and I to be able to see the amazing mount huashan during our hike up this amazing mountain. To summarize everything, it has been a wonderful experience and I would recommend this tour from "Xian Tour Expert " to everyone.
- Meander73202300Great Time in Xi'anWe took the full day Hua Shan tour and terracotta warriors tour with Bruce from Xian Tour Expert. Bruce was friendly, patient, informative and passionate about his job. We had a great time and will highly recommend his services.
- lindacE591TZ00Great time in Xi'anWe took the full day Hua Shan tour and also the Terracotta Warriors tour with Bruce. He is friendly, patient, helpful and passionate about his job. He is very informative. We had a great time and will highly recommend his services.
- Chantal B00A great experience!This tour was fantastic! I learnt so much and really enjoyed the experience. Bruce gave us lots of interesting commentary on the way to the terracotta warriors and helped our trip go very smoothly. Just be prepared for the huge crowds all clamouring for the next photo spot in the main pit! Everywhere else is fine.
- aanarebelo00RecommendThe driver met us at the hotel on time. He was very nice and spoke english very well. He answered all our questions and when we got to the venue he went to collect our tickets. We didn't have to worry about anything. About the venue, there where a lot of people in pit 1, you have to fight your way through to see anything. I totally advice to book a driver or a guide. Is much easier, it can be a confusing place especially in the summer.
- youngsoo9400Must see!! more than the tour to Terracotta warriors with Bruce!My family of 2 adults and 2 teens flew to Xi'An during the China Labor holiday weekend and had very exciting time during the most busiest season of the city thanks to excellent guide and recommendations by Bruce and Mary! Bruce speaks very good English and is also a good story teller. 1.5 hours' driving to Terracotta warriors museum would have been a boring time without his vast knowledge on China history, geography, culture and other things. Entry to the museum using passports was very straightforward thanks to Bruce’s guidance. In the Terracotta Museum, we could see actual terracotta warriors standing in the pits from a distance and could see some of terracotta warriors displayed in a glass cage. When my family were in the pit#1, we had to wait long time to get to the point where we could see the warriors from a distance because of too many people rushing into the pit area. We spent 3 hours in the museum. if you are planning to visit to see the warriors during a peak season, you need to get ready to wait long time. you may want to get some terracotta warrior ice cream from an ice-cream stand at the lobby in pit#1 or from convenient stores outside the pit. “The Legend of Camel Bells” Show was the most excellent choice that I made for my family during this trip to Xi’An. Mary, one of Bruce’s staff, strongly recommended me to watch the show and Bruce arranged VIP tickets at a way cheaper price. My family enjoyed the show so much that my teenagers wanted to come back to Xi’An to watch it again with their friends. I would say the show is a must-watch. Another tips for you. Ask Bruce for a good local restaurant and try a local food. He will introduce some good restaurants in Xi’An for you. he shared a location of a local restaurant for a mutton broth soup. When my family visited the restaurant next day, he’s kind enough to talk to owner of the restaurant over the phone so that my family could order a right food. Since we devoured the local mutton broth soup following Bruce’s recommendation, my family has become a big fan of the mutton broth soup and we miss the restaurant a lot.
- mishdoyle00Must book this tour with BruceTo be clear this isn’t a “guided tour”, but transportation and excellent guidance and conversation by Bruce. Bruce picked me up in a timely manner from my hotel in the morning with a smile on his face. We had a lovely chat about China, it’s people, customs, history and philosophy. He was very funny and his English was spot on. One of the best English speakers I’ve run into in China! We discussed what I wanted to see and do on the Mt. and when we arrived he bought the tickets for the cable cars and busses that I needed. I decided to go to the plank wall and was grateful it was open. All map signs on the wall have Chinese and English, however when you get to the plank wall “check in” desk there is no written English and the 2 guys checking passports do not speak any English. First I was told I couldn’t do the was because I was over 50. I argued I wasn’t OVER 50, but that I WAS 50....so they allowed me on. Then, I discovered that you can only go in pairs..meaning no solo climbers. Disappointed, I started to walk away but a very lively Chinese girl in line who spoke a little English helped me out and paired me with a solo guy in her group. In reality it seems they want groups of 4...not sure why, as you climb as like a group of 12!? Anyway, the wait ended up being about 2 hours and the climb took about 45 to 1 hour (from suit up to finish). It this point it was 4pm and due to the cable car closing I didn’t have time to finish the rest of the hike (but was successful in what I came to do). I went down the mountain the same way I came up (West Peak). When I got off the bus there was Bruce waiting for me at the bottom. He went out of his way to make sure I had a great trip by helping out some friends. By this action alone, I can tell that he is a compassionate, honest man with a good soul. He deserves abundant success. On the way back to Xi’an we had a wonderful conversation and shared favorite music. By far the best tour I’ve taken in China by the most compassionate man with stellar taste in music! Thank you Bruce!
- dionb201500Bruce AlmightyJust to be clear, this is not a guide to of the hike through Mount Huashan. It's transportation and organization of the ticket buying process. However, if you're lucky to have Bruce as your guide you will be showered with knowledge about the mountain, the area, the people, the good, and just about anything else you can think of. If you're real damn lucky, he might take you to eat his favorite dish in the Muslim quarter (sorry Bruce, hope people don't start demanding this ;)). Anyways, if you're in Xi'an and your going to Huashan, this is how you should go. More affordable than the other operators, and I can assure you Bruce's operation is to notch. Thanks again for the 羊肉泡馍!!!
- pstripp201800ChrisThanks Bruce! Kind. funny. Helpful. Great local knowledge. Made sure I knew i was being picked up from my hotel! When we arrived at the moutains the five peaks where beautiful, toilets and food on each peak. Bruce suggest the best route, I dont regret taking his advise. Thank you Bruce i would definitely dont again.
- Tzeyeehew00Over rated hikeThe mountain climb is not a typical mountain hike The hike is mainly on man made steps and pavement Our trip was also mired by rain and fog The guide Bruce was very professional and knowledgeable Made our trip as comfortable as possible
- Ben A00So many steps!Thanks Bruce for the expert knowledge and guidance with the ticketing and getting me to the mountain. Once you get there you are on your own, but its well signed and easy enough to navigate.
- RobertLicun00Mountain climbingIt was an amazing trip. Beautiful view of the nature from the top of the mountain. Everything was oragnized wisely
- Traveltowonders00Visit to Terra-cotta SoldiersOur First time in Xian and this tour was excellent. Our tour Guide, Vivian was fantastic very accommodating and extremely friendly. This is a beautiful City and I would recommend to anyone. Vivian, thanks for making us feel like family and your hospitality, I will remember this for life. See you soon.
- Sowele00Hassle-free trip to Mount Hua ShanWe visited Mount Hua Shan during China school holiday period and the place was packed with local. luckily Bruce has prepared all the tickets (total of 5) beforehand and it saved us a lot of time and trouble (each ticket has to be bought at different location). Bruce has also arranged for us to go up by the north peak and come down by the west peak to go against the main crowd. Thanks to his expertise, we managed to catch the last cable car and come back down in time. Bruce was very informative and engaging during our trip. We had never encountered such a spirited tour guide in our years of travelling. Definitely recommended for anyone looking for a hassle-free trip to Hua Shan.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Nov 2019 • Solo
An amazing, mind blowing immersion into 2000 year old Chinese history. Never knew the Chinese used chrome plating for the weapons found with the terracotta army. Excellent tour guide by a lovely lady named Vivian who was very knowledgeable and with perfect English. Very charming. Highly recommended. Booked through hotel at very short notice and prompt pickup and return. You definitely should use them for peace of mind and an in depth experience.
Written November 20, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Buy it with
Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide provided by Xian Tour Expert
Product Overview: Private Half Day Tour to Terracotta Warriors with Tour guide
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos