There is no doubt that Tang should be the most prosperous dynasty in Chinese history. The Capital city Chang'an was one of the largest economical, political and cultural centers in the world at that time. This is a customized private tour focused on discovery of the Prosperous Tang Dynasty.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 11–12 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Licensed professional driver
- English-speaking tour guide
- Chinese lunch
- Dumplings dinner
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- Entrance ticket fees
- Dance show ticket
- Entry/Admission - Daming Palace Site Park
- Entry/Admission - Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)
- Entry/Admission - Tang Paradise
- Entry/Admission - Tang Dynasty Show
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up from centrally located Xi'an hotels, drop-off at the original departure point. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7888P66
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty on Tripadvisor
- How much is Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty?
- Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty price starts from $240.00. Discover and book Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty on Tripadvisor
- What is the Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty cancellation policy?
- Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty?
- Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty is hosted by Terracotta Warrior Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Terracotta Warrior Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Xian Dynasty Trip: Discover The Prosperous Tang Dynasty on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 7888P66
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Daming Palace Site ParkStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Big Wild Goose Pagoda (Dayanta)Stop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Tang ParadiseStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 4Tang Dynasty ShowStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Terracotta Warrior Tours
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Joined in August 2014
#25 of 108 Tours & Activities in Xi'an
- ridechilly00TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE WITH ROAD SCHOLARRoad Scholar cancelled this trip twice after we had already signed up for it. We booked different trip, purchased cancel for any reason insurance and then decided to transfer to a third trip, instead. We were not within Road Scholar's windows to be reimbursed for the second trip, even though we had purchased the insurance, because we did not book it enough in advance, which we couldn't have done, because the first trip (referenced above) was not cancelled enough in advance. I had several conversations with Road Scholar personnel, who assured me that we could get the money back once our insurance claim was denied. This turned out not to be true. We can only get a credit for another Road Scholar trip. We will never travel with Road Scholar again, so we have lost this money ($12,200). DO NOT TRAVEL WITH ROAD SCHOLAR.
- asthecrowsfly200Dumplings and dancingWe visited here in August 2019. It was a dumpling dinner and a Tang Dynasty dance show. The food was fairly bland, and there were people selling random souvenirs at the table throughout the dinner. The show was mostly dancing with historical details projected on the wall beside the dancers. A very cultural show and good basic insight into some of China's history.
- TOBYTIGER00A Hidden Gem of a CityMost people (us included) only know the name Xi'an because of the Terracotta Warriors, so we decided to explore the city with the help of a guide instead. we chose the night tour out of convenience and we were not disappointed. The guide was knowledgable and spoke with real interest about her home city. The place itself was lit up and looked amazing. it has so much to offer and is so vibrant. The tour was comprehensive and we loved every minute. If you find yourself in Xi'an I would highly recommend the tour.
- SirAnthon00For TouristsDumpling dinner before show was plentiful but mass produced, so was ordinary, three people from our group of forty got sick. Before show included the selling of unrelated souvenirs at the table. Show was reasonably well produced with lighting, dancing and bit of history told.
- mprewitt1200Great Weekend GetawayMy husband and I are living in Shenzhen and this was a must do while we were in this part of the world. It is located about 32 km from the center of Xi’an so I recommend buying a tour with transport. We booked our tour through Get Your Guide app which I have used several times around the world and highly recommend. The buses were a bit hot, but that’s just how a lot of China is so it didn’t bother us much. Our guide was great, spoke good English, and the tour/day was very organized. I think the Terra-cotta Army is definitely worth seeing if you are in this part of the world. Xi’an is huge, lots of people, but gives you more of the “old china” feel than a city like Shenzhen.
- caribbean5900Marvelous showBeautiful choreography, costumes and the musicians playing live. Good dancers. The dumpling dinner before the show is nice, but a bit too much food.
- karen649000Excellent ShowThis show was suggested to us by our tour guide. We figured we should take it in as we were here and had heard great reviews about it. We arrived for the 6:00 shows and opted to have our dinner afterwards. The show was really good, the costumes are amazing. Everything was done first class. After the show our dumpling buffet started. We started with soup, then they brought out three or four different kinds of dumplings at a time in a steamer basket. We ended up have about twelve dumplings. They were all very tasty. All in all, I would highly recommend this as an evening out.
- tan_lingx200Tour with TinaHighly recommend. Converse well in english . Was able to explain to us details and the rich history of China
- JamesC833400Poor value for moneyThe tour organiser (Bruce) was great, flexible and speaks fluent English. We did a last minute tour request and he managed to organise the tour the next day. The costs of the tour for us (my wife and I) seems high compared with what had been advertised, Regarding the tour guide (Jerry), Bruce could have sent a different person who can speak better English and more keen to tell us a lot more historical details throughout the tour. In addition, we could not get to visit the Shaanxi History museum as the entrance tickets were not available. However the van driver was very helpful and friendly.
- randallheiser200Fantastic ExperienceWe didn't have a lot of time, so we booked a flight in and out of Xi'an for a day trip. Booked with Terra Cotta Warriors Tour group with Mason. First, Mason was great to work with, they have no problem individualizing your day to your interests. Their policy is -- provide a knowledgeable guide, car and driver. Admission fees are extra based on what you want to see. Lunch isn't included so the guide will take you to the restaurants you like instead of where they get the best deal. We had Eddie Liu as our guide and he made the day so much more enjoyable - please ask for him. As a foodie, he took us to restaurants we would never have found but were local and authentic and fantastic. By the way, in these places, if you ask for something spicy, you will get spicy that is beyond anything we would find in North America - you have been warned. In addition to the Warriors (which was the best part of our week long trip to China) we did a stop at the City Walls (would have loved to take a bike ride around them if we had more time) Muslim quarter (I really wanted to sample the food there, but Eddie cautioned against it due to health concerns - there is a lot of open air storage of food without refrigeration) and Big Wild Goose Pagoda (very impressive and a must-see) I highly recommend this company and specifically recommend using Eddie as your guide.
- Anne L00Unbelievable placeAt first i though i had been ripped off as there are 3 building like big aeroplane hangers and i went into the least impressive onr first. And there were just a few broken warriors and some history about the site. You can still meet the farmer you was digging a well and found the first warriors Then we went to the other buidings and I was truely impressed The warriors go on forever and each one is individual The closest town Xian is also quite nice it is walled and you can walk around the wall or rid a bike it is quite wide I got a local train from Beijing and loved it
- mpyrs00Private Day tour of Terracotta Warriors & Xi'anWe had a great private day tour. Olivia was very organised and responsive with our enquiries and booking process. Our guide Lucy Liu was excellent in looking after us. We brought our 80 year old mum who needs a wheelchair and speak Chinese only while my wife and I speak English. Lucy managed the day very well explaining in both Chinese to my mum and in English to us. Everything was customised to our preference, including the pace of the tour, the amount of explanation, where to eat and go. Although we borrowed wheelchair from our Hilton hotel, at the Terracotta warriors site we found people who offer wheelchair services for RMB300 to go through pit 1,2,3. We found this very helpful if you have elderly people especially in a hot Xi'an summer. They know where the ramps are and the viewing spots with priority for the disabled. After visiting the museum we had lunch at a local noodle restaurant and Lucy made good recommendations for the local dishes. In the afternoon we went to Xian City passing by the popular locations, ending with a walk in the Muslim quarters where Lucy explained all the local snacks. We highly recommend Terracotta Warriors Tour which is priced reasonably (not the highest, not the lowest), provided great responsive service and guide, good clean car and safe driver. The only disadvantage is that we need to wait for our guide to queue to buy the ticket. We highly recommend this operator to our friends.
- 00Terracotta Warriors Private Day TourWe were picked up promptly at our downtown hotel in the morning by an AC mini van, perfect as we were with six plus Ms.Nana. Nothing really to remark as we were all very happy about the day tour. Ms. Nana told us all we wanted to know about the Terracotta Army and other visited sites. Her English skills are an upside to this tour. We are non-native English speakers though we understood everything perfectly. The ride was smooth and punctual. Overall the best way to visit Xi’an’s most popular monuments!
- Milagros B00TRULY MAGNIFICIENT ARCHAEOLOGICAL EXPERIENCEWhen I first saw in Pit 1 the Terracotta Warriors I was left without words of description. Be perpared to be amazed and to take many photos. Not all the Warriors have been discovered and you can spend many hours at this amazing archaeological discovery. Every warrior has a different & distince expression. The Terracotta Warriors are superbly sculpted and a site to see.
- Jen G00Mind Blowing HistoryThe scale of this will blow your mind! Amazing history. Can't believe we have finally seen it for ourselves. There is a lot more to be uncovered and it could take 100 years to do it right. Our guide through Tripadeal is also doing a PhD and his research is the Terracotta Warriors...as you can imagine he knew what he was talking about. Sensational 💙