per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Licensed professional driver
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance ticket fee
- Entry/Admission - The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and Horses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick-up from centrally located Xi'an hotels, drop-off at centrally located Xi'an hotels. Please provide detailed hotel information while booking.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33255P3
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please indicate your prefered tour starting time while booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum on Tripadvisor
- How much is Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum?
- Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum price starts from $128.21. Discover and book Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum on Tripadvisor
- What is the Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum cancellation policy?
- Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum?
- Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum is hosted by Terra-cotta-Warriors Tour. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Terra-cotta-Warriors Tour on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 33255P3
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1The Museum of Qin Terra-cotta Warriors and HorsesStop: 5 hours - Admission includedVisit Xi’an’s top attraction, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum, with a local insider. This private half-day tour starts either in the morning at 8:30 or in the afternoon at 1:00. Your private English-speaking tour guide and the driver will pick you up from your hotel lobby and chauffeur you to the Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum. Your guide will escort you throughout your visit to the three pits that make up the museum as well as providing you detailed information about this cultural heritage that was listed by UNESCO in 1987 as one of the world heritages. There are approximately 7,000 life-size Qin Dynasty terracotta soldiers, horses, chariots, and weaponry in battle formations which is believed to be partial of a massive terracotta troops guarding the tomb of the first emperor of unified China, Qin Shi Huang. It takes approximately 2.5 hours to explore the Museum. After that, you will be transferred back to your downtown Xi'an hotel where this tour concludes.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Xi'an, Shaanxi, China
Joined in April 2016
#25 of 109 Tours & Activities in Xi'an
- ElizabethJ223700Terra Cotta warrior experienceI got a private tour guide- named Peter- to take me through. very interesting and astonishing.Will suggest all tourist to go to Xi'An. In total a very nice city to visit
- Dreamer0933983773800Great day tour in Xi’anFantastic tour with our excellent guide Eddie who was also very patient and flexible with our 1 year old daughter; we skipped queues and had excellent lunch in a local restaurant. Fully recommended!
- skidkid611900Outstanding a Must seeThis place has so much history. Discovered by three farmers who were digging a well. The historical value of this find is unbelievable and is not found in books due to the destroying of their history book records due to the Cultural Revolution. Got to meet and shake the hand of the last surviving farmers.
- Broadview197200WowThis is a highlight of China for many people. Number two for me behind the Great Wall, but very impressive. We had three hours at the Warrior Museum and you want most of that for sure. You need time to just stand and take it all in. Move around and see it from different angles.
- T3711XXjennifers00Outstanding Visit to the Terracotta WarriorsWe took a private tour with Terracottawarriorstour.com and they did an excellent job. We contacted them the day before we wanted to tour and they were able to accommodate us right away. We had a personal, English-speaking guide named James, who was very knowledgeable, as well as friendly and organized. Following the tour, James took us to meet the farmer who first discovered the statues in 1974. It was a special moment and capped off our tour beautifully.
- gardentourgirl00Just ExcellentThis is a ‘must see’ if in China. The history alone is unbelievable, there are areas where they have not finished digging up the soldiers, and areas where they are still putting them together. Just an amazing place.
- nancyjdupree200What a FindThere are 3 distinct museums on this tour. You start out in the 1st discovery area where a simple farmer was digging a well and came upon an artifact. He had the where with all to take it to the local government and soon an excavation was started. They were able to uncover hundreds of soldiers each of them different in body habitus as well as facial features. Also in this 1st building there is housed a clinic for tagging repairing the broken pieces. This is quite a feat and a substantial part of the three exhibits. The 2nd hall houses more of the same except for an excavation of the chariot horses which carried the empower into battle. This exhibit is kept dark so picture taking is at a minimum. The 3rd is a museum is Qing and Han Dynasty artifacts which have marked difference in style. Han Dynasty was not nearly so over the top as the Qing. It is hard to believe that all of these findings have come about in my lifetime.
- Caroline Q00Terracotta Warrior TourExcellent trip led by Maggie gao who spoke good English and gave us loads of really interesting facts about the local history and an excellent tour of the Warriors.
- margow13200Best of the bestThis is really the reason you came. It was not disappointing. A lot of history was given and lots of time for pics. To think how recently this site was discovered.... and why it was built. They are doing an amazing job of uncovering and placing all the pieces together. The man was just a farmer who made the discovery and was in turn given 100 eggs.
- Jepetto6200And two stars is being nice...if you want a tourist trap, with second (third) rate dumplings, kitsch and cheap spectacle, this is for you. Uninteresting and probably the low point of a three weeks tour in China
- Sanford F00Terra Cotta WarriorsAs part of an amazing two weeks with Viking in China we visited the Terra Cotta warriors exhibition and museum in Xi'an. It was truly breathtaking and cannot keep from sharing the experience with everyone back home. If you want to see it for yourself, you will not regret the trip. The tour guides were amazing and the story of the discovery and reconstruction of the pieces back into the Terra Cotta Army is wonderful.
- dgrahamsd00Lisa from Trails of IndochinaThis is an absolute MUST if you are anywhere near Xi’an. The pits are unbelievable and she has all of the answers. She is local and knows so much about the history and area. Great guide and I want to call her my friend now. Bring a coat if you are going be be here in March because it can get cold. Lisa was THE best. Explaining all of the excavation work and history. Absolutely enthralled. Do NOT miss this.
- AzaD2500Ancient soldiers masterpieceThe coolest thing to do in Xi’an was to visit the Terra-cotta army museum. Before you visit, better to read some history on it to relate cause the overall experience is a bit dry. But worth seeing those well preserved soldier!
- blee28200Historically memorable visit in XianArrived after lunch and bought the ticket to enter the museum digging sites. Initial walk thru the garden with lots of pessimon fruiting trees and colourful plants. As you enter the 3 museum to review how it was dug out and statues being buried was really amazing. How much time and people needed to do it is really an eye opener. Enjoy the moments and do take time. Once you are tired and walking thru the food street to pang your hunger, shopping or seeing the live performances will keep you going.
- delmin00An amazing wonderWhen visiting China you should include a trip to Xi’an to see the terra cotta warriors. It is one of this world’s wonder that must be seen and experience. The history, the sites, the stories, the legend, will leave you amazed.
Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum provided by Terra-cotta-Warriors Tour
Product Overview: Half-Day Private Tour of Xi'an Terracotta Warriors and Horses Museum
Number of Photos