Select Date and Travelers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Takamul Travel prepared for you a tour that lets you discover the wonders of Dhofar nature and rich ancient heritage of the frankincense land. First, you will visit a castle in Taqah Village where you can admire the traditional furnishings and set up of governor´s residence. Then you will drive to Wadi Darbat where you will view the spectacular escarpment with seasonal waterfalls. In the valley itself, you will be astonished by lush green vegetation and azure waters of Darbat river teeming with small fish. You can take photos of camel herds which you can see grazing around the river flow. Then you will descend to the coast where ruins of a UNESCO site Samharam are situated above large lagoon of Khor Rori. In the museum, you can discover more about the glorious past of this port city and its trade with frankincense. In the lagoon below you can spot flocks of flamingoes, herons, spoonbills and other waders.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Taqah CastleStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Wadi DarbatStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Sumhuram Old CityStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Taqah Castle
- Entry/Admission - Sumhuram Old City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travelers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
By: Takamul Travel Oman
Mountain Safari tour
We had the greatest tour with Karel Tomastik from Takamul Travel in Oman 8 hours of Sightseeing including 4 hours t…
Excellent tour - Recommended
My wife and I did the 5 hour West Salalah tour with Karel Tomastik on 8 February 2020. Pick up time was 9am and he…
Gorgeous tour of spectacular places
In one round, we visited several unique places in Salalah. The guide is very responsible and knowledgeable. Enough …
Amazing tour to west of Salalah where you will be amazed of how gorgeous the nature is in this lovely side of the c…
We enjoyed a wonderful trip to the empty quarter yesterday and Ahmed was a fantastic guide who made every effort to…
Salalah mountain tour
Such a knowledgeable, hospitable guide! Amazing views, sights and experience :) I totally recommend this trip
Wonderful adventure with amazing guide
We booked the trip 2 days before the requested day and we got an immediate confirmation followed by a confirmation …
Camel Milk and Arabic Coffee = A Fantastic Cultural Experience
We spent two days with Karel, a guide as unique and interesting as the sights he showed us with the knowledge and c…
Nothing but perfect!
Without a doubt brilliant, I did two tours with them during my stay in Salalah and I highly recommend both. Not onl…
One of the most incredibly awesome experiences I‘ve ever had, with amazing views. The day was packed with many acti…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071
Travelers also viewed
Ports of Call Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage price starts from $115.00. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage is hosted by Takamul Travel Oman. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Takamul Travel Oman on Tripadvisor. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor