East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage
By Takamul Travel Oman
Takamul Travel prepared for you a tour that lets you discover the wonders of Dhofar nature and rich ancient heritage of the frankincense land. First, you will visit a castle in Taqah Village where you can admire the traditional furnishings and set up of governor´s residence. Then you will drive to Wadi Darbat where you will view the spectacular escarpment with seasonal waterfalls. In the valley itself, you will be astonished by lush green vegetation and azure waters of Darbat river teeming with small fish. You can take photos of camel herds which you can see grazing around the river flow. Then you will descend to the coast where ruins of a UNESCO site Samharam are situated above large lagoon of Khor Rori. In the museum, you can discover more about the glorious past of this port city and its trade with frankincense. In the lagoon below you can spot flocks of flamingoes, herons, spoonbills and other waders.
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
- Bottled water
- entry fees
- Entry/Admission - Taqah Castle
- Entry/Admission - Sumhuram Old City
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up all travelers from all hotels and apartments in Salalah, Taqah and Mirbat, from the parking outside the gate of the Port of Salalah and from Salalah International Airport.
- Salalah Airport, Salalah Oman
- Port of Salalah
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 137659P4
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- How much is East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage?
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage price starts from $119.00. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- What is the East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage cancellation policy?
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage?
- East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage is hosted by Takamul Travel Oman. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Takamul Travel Oman on Tripadvisor. Discover and book East of Salalah private tour - natural beauty and historical heritage on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 137659P4
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Taqah CastleStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Wadi DarbatStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Sumhuram Old CityStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
A very well organized trip that brought me and my family incredible experiences. especially the sunset in the deser…
A really great trip with a variety of sites to see.
I really enjoyed this tour. The waterfall and pools were truly stunning and being able to swim with the fish was ve…
Rub Al Khali tour
We have found Takamul travel via TripAdvisor and contacted them per Email to ask for a tour into the desert. Immedi…
Excellent hiking tour
Excellent hiking trip. Perfectly organized by Karel, a really knowledgeable and fun guide. Parts of the hike were c…
Not to be missed, with an excellent European guide
A memorable day with our excellent guide Karel, who was good fun as well incredibly well-versed in every relevant t…
Fairy-like in the surrounding deserted area ...
The water stream area within Ayn Razat is quite nice and certainly a gathering place for many looking for cooler pl…
This small group tour made my Salalah experience. Highly recommended!
What a wonderful trip! You get to see the amazing scenery east of Salalah, from the beautiful Wadi Darbat (you won’…
Remarkable untouched natural beauty, made better by a great guide.
Our guide Ahmed was an Omani national and was exceptionally well versed in the history of Oman, definitely enriched…
Private Desert sunset tour
The tour was great and our guide Azuz is a nice guy very experienced. The desert is not to be missed when in Salala…
The best guide
The best guide for individual trip - Karel Tomastik - speak Czech, English, Arabic ... know history, nature. Every …
Understand where you stay
With some time lag I can not imagine I could visit Salalah and did not manage this trip. This trip gave us great op…
Wonderful trip with excellent guide
We have enjoyed this private trip from pick up to return to the hotel. The guide from Takamul Travel Mr. Tomastik g…
Stunning places, highly recommended tour
During a winter escape from Europe and our first visit to Oman, we were very glad having booked this tour with Taka…
4 exiting tours with Takamul Travel
I realized 4 tours with Takamul Travel in December 2021. This Mountain Safari was one of them. Our guide and driver…
Excellent service, felt special treatet, guide gave us many interesting informations about the country, we had juic…
We are stopping at Salalah port on the Marco Polo while we are cruising. I would like to book this tour but the pick up had not got the name of the port. Therefore I would like to know if you pick up from the port.
The pick up is from the parking in front of the port where you can get by shuttlebus from the cruiseship. The tourguide will wait for you there with a sign with your name.
Good morning, I know it’s a very short notice request, but would there be availabilities for today the 30th, around 10am ? We are a family of 5 (3 adults 3 kids of 7, 9 and 12) and we are staying at Fanar Hotel. Thank you very much, Magali