per group (up to 4)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Duration: 3–5 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Bottled water
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Al Balid Archeological Site
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- As it is Private trip , Pick up time flexible . Recommended pick up time before 9:00 AM You will receive your pick up time after Confirmation Pick up from Any location inside Salalah or Salalah Airport or Salalah Harbor ( shore excursions passengers )
- Salalah Airport, Salalah Oman
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 13787P35
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide with Extra charge
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Salalah City Tour?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Salalah City Tour on Tripadvisor
- How much is Salalah City Tour?
- Salalah City Tour price starts from $215.00. Discover and book Salalah City Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Salalah City Tour cancellation policy?
- Salalah City Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Salalah City Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Salalah City Tour?
- Salalah City Tour is hosted by Oman Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Oman Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Salalah City Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 13787P35
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Al Balid Archeological SiteStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Dhofar GovernorateStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Sultan Qaboos MosqueStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4Al HaffaStop: 60 minutesSee detailsPass byQasr al-Hosn
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Oman Day Tours
Joined in July 2013
#16 of 143 Boat Tours & Water Sports in Muscat
- texastopkat00Said went out of his way to make our day greatSaid was awesome! He was very knowledgeable and very accommodating. Our timetable was tight, and one of the boys wasn't feeling great. He dropped us by the hotel to check in and leave him there to rest. He gave us a fabulous tour, then took us back to the hotel in the evening to pick up the rest of our crew and go on a night time boat ride. He also came back early in the morning to take us to the airport. I hope to use him again the next time we're in Muscat.
- 318ilhama00Unforgettable tourIt was the best tour we have ever had. Our guide, Said Al-Kiyumi was so gentle and smiling and super helpful. He made that day special. The desert was incredible, wadi Khalid too and the food was really good! Anyway, thank you so much to the agency and to Said for this experience! The whole family loved it!!
- Happiness56556300Mystical MuscatSaid, our guide was fantastic. He even surprised us by treating us to some local specialties called Omani bread and tea with saffron. The vehicle was comfortable and he kept us well hydrated as well. We had a great time and highly recommend it. His enthusiasm and knowledge has inspired us to come back and spend more time in mystical Muscat.
- Rbben00Good Tours But Little to SeeWe took two tours from our cruise ship with Oman Day tours -Muscat Half Day Tour and Half day tour - Salalah City. The tours were comfortable and well done. Our guides were attentive and showed what was promised. It was a private tour for just the two of us in a SUV. So, these were excellent tours for what was offered,.Given we only had a half a day, our sites were limited and, although there were some interesting sites, there wasn't a lot to see. So - bottom line - an excellent tour for limited sites to see.
- Milla_tch00Great immersion to Oman splendorThis tour was a breathtaking experience, not only have we seen the most beautiful mountains, terraces and landscapes but also had immersed into a history of Oman, expressed through ancient ruins, irrigation system and the flavour or of old towns. Our special gratitude goes to the best tour guide we came across while travelling the world, a humble beautiful human being Ali, a true Omani who invested his heart and soul to introduce us into the colourful and deeply spiritual culture of Oman, the experience we will never forget. We had a very short trip to Oman and I can’t stress enough how important and profound for us was this day. Thank you Ali and one day Tours, will come again
- 967jennyr00From the day we (Khalil my driver/guide) left Muscat, the next 4 days were full of wonderful contrast.From the day we (Khalil my driver/guide) left Muscat, the next 4 days were full of wonderful contrast. From Nakhal fort through the vast mountains (Jebel shams) off road experience past hidden villages to Al Hamra and down to Nizwa for night 1. Friday morning is an absolute must if visiting the Fort as there is the most famous goat market auction to be seen. Early start as you must be there by 7am to catch the action but definitely worth it. Khalil gave a wonderful explanation of what was happening (would not have known otherwise) The markets otherwise were a splendid mix of vege and fruit and also indoor sales and tastings of the Omani dates (many varieties) along with the local coffee. Very good combination. Also I must mention the Halwa. An irresistible Omani sweet. Make room in your bags and take some to share with friends. Off to an ancient village (Barkat Al Mouz) to see how the water from the mountains was and still is used for irrigation and domestic purposes. Then on to the desert and Sama resort for the night and viewing sunset in the desert. Day 3 and the adventures and vast contrasts continue with a visit and swim at Wadi Bani Khalid. Like an oasis, quite beautiful and peaceful. The water was refreshing in the heat of the day and definitely to be experienced. Khalil then took a detour to show me the Gazelle (most beautiful tiny deer) sanctuary set up by the government to protect and increase their population in a safe environment. We visited Sur city and saw the traditional boat building (Dhaw) and factory. For another contrast, our next night was at the turtle beach resort (fantastic location on the boundary of the gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea. The resort was lovely to relax at after a busy and hot day. You must try the ocean, it was calm,warm and right in front of the resort. The highlight nearby at Ras Al Haad was the giant green turtle breeding conservation area . Definitely a must to visit in the evening or very early morning. I saw her laying eggs in a 1metre hole she had dug and also filling up after. Also very lucky this early in the season to see some baby turtles making their way to the ocean. A wonderful experience A big Thankyou to Khalil for waiting for me for a rather long time My final day also didn’t disappoint with a short hike in and out (about 30min each way if fit) to Wadi Al Shab. The short boat ride and walk offered beautiful scenery heading into the mountains from where you find the source of the water. You can wander up through the water but to get close to the cave entrance you need to be a good swimmer as the water is deep with only mountain cliffs either side. Beware of how slippery the rocks can be as you climb between the deep pools. A most amazing experience. On to the nearby old village if Tiwi where people still grow mango, bananas, dates etc. very steep and narrow paths/roads lead you up between the mountains As you pass this area on the main road, you would never know it was here Quite a shangri la. Lastly we visited the sink hole located in a park with gardens etc Back to Muscat now on the most amazing network of highways across Oman (with exception of our off road through the mountains on day 1) Without this network, I think this tour would take 3 times as long. The roading has allowed the connection but not destroyed the way of life which has been wonderful to see and enjoy. This is a tour that must be made to see the real Oman and especially with my driver/guide Khalil Aljabri Thanks Khalil. Sorry I couldn’t load more photos it wouldn’t do more. Think my review too long 🤣
- oscarpW2644VZ00Great experience in OmanGreat experience in Oman. It was impresive to visit the desert and to enjoy the Oasis in Wadi Bani Kahlid. Khalil Aljabri, my guide was great, always very attend and it was very interesting to learn more about the local culture with him
- D8914BUannec00Excellent tour serviceYassiris a fantastic tour guide! He guided us through Oman for two days, and we learned so much and had fun along the way. We went to Wadi Shab and the countryside and the next day we toured Muscat.
- 23abrarh00PhenomenalOur tour guide was Mr.Saeed Alkayoumi, the best ever guide. He was very knowledgeable, resourceful, kind and extremely patient. The tour is phenomenal 100%
- 182peppef00Wonderful tripWonderful whole day hiking trip with guide, transport, meals, pure peaceful nature and many beautiful views.
- adneyafonso00Great experience with Oman day tours and travelsI and my family recently went on a 1-day tour to Wadi Bani Khaled and Wahiba Sands desert with oman day tours company and had an incredible time. Our guide, Mr Siad, was knowledgeable, friendly, and accommodating throughout the entire trip. He has kept us engaged through out the tour and also has a lots of stories about JINN. The tour started with a scenic drive to Wadi Bani Khaled, where we were able to swim in the crystal-clear water and explore the beautiful surroundings. Saeed provided us with interesting insights into the history and culture of the area, and we felt like we were learning a lot throughout the day. After that, we headed to the Wahiba Sands desert, where we were blown away by the stunning sand dunes and vast expanse of the desert. Mr Siad was an expert at navigating the challenging terrain, and he made sure that we were safe and comfortable throughout the adventure. Overall, I would highly recommend this tour company to anyone looking to explore the beautiful landscapes of Oman. The tour was well-organized, the guide was excellent, and the experience was truly unforgettable. Thanks again to Mr Siad and the entire team for an amazing day!
- hsssis00Excellent tour "Mystic Muscat" with tour guide AliOn our half-day tour "Mystic Muscat" we looked at the main sights in Muscat including a visit to the opera house including an inside tour. Our tour guide and driver Ali answered all of our questions in detail and we had enough time to look at everything. Thanks for the great day. Even a search for a Geocache was possible. We can recommend the tour to everyone. Greetings from Germany, Holger
- Veronika P00Great service and tour guideOur tour guide called Waleed took us to wonderful sights (we had a car for our own). We could choose whatever we liked to do and to see. He asked and recommended some places for example a restaurant where we had typical Oman food and he showed us what and how to eat in his culture and country. So we had lunch together and could talk a lot with him. Thank you very much!
- 787katelint00Sunset at wahiba sandsHad an amazing tour of wadi bani khalid followed by sunset over wahiba sands and delicious iftar with our guide Khalfan. He was able to show us a lot of the local fruits and nature and we enjoyed the dune bashing over the desert. The booking process was fast and professional.
- Katrina K003 day tour of Oman with familyWonderful experience with Oman Day Tours , our guide Waleed was knowledgeable, great with our kids, A+. Company was accommodating to plan with, very responsive. We traveled with our 7 and 10 year old starting with a city tour then visiting Wadi Shab, desert camp, Wadi Bani Khalid etc over three days. Many happy memories made and very appreciative to have had such a great guide in Waleed.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Mar 2019 • Family
We had wonderful time exploring salalah with your oman day tour package.
and the tour guide was amazing.
Thank you for making our time in salalah so special.
and the tour guide was amazing.
Thank you for making our time in salalah so special.
Written April 21, 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Salalah City Tour provided by Oman Day Tours
Product Overview: Salalah City Tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos