Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 1-70, max of 16 per group
Duration: 7–8 hours
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English
- Food and drinks, park fees, snacks, light meal, bottled water,cool drinks and juices
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up at any Accommodation in Swakopmund or in Walvisbay, Long beach and Swakopmund. This is an ideal Cruise liner Tour .We pick up in Walvis Bay Harbour
- Rooikop Airport, Walvis Bay Namibia
- Walvis Bay Port, 2FWR+CFH, Unnamed Road, Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 185138P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour?
- Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour price starts from $188.05. Discover and book Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour cancellation policy?
- Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour?
- Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour is hosted by Desert Dunes & Dust Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Desert Dunes & Dust Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 185138P1
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1SwakopmundStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2GoanikontesStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 3Moon LandscapeStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 4Welwitschia PlainsStop: 10 minutesSee details
- 5Walvis Bay EsplanadeStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 6Sandwich HarbourStop: 30 minutesSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Desert Dunes & Dust Tours
Joined in June 2019
#1 of 85 Tours & Activities in Swakopmund
- 130Jan49700Roller coaster tourThis was an exciting and informative tour with an experienced guide. While we were not able to make it to Sandwich Harbour due to the tides, we were able to enjoy and appreciate the dunes, some wildlife, interestingly adapted flora, and salt pans. The roller coaster dunes were heartstoppings!
- Samira S00Spectacular!!!!We would like to thank Uwe and our driver Jurgen. They did an awesome job with our tour today. We had one memorable day. So much fun from start to finish. Flamingoes, salt mines, spectacular dunes drive at Sandwich Harbour, great lunch, a springbok during the game drive and a wonderful seal colony at Pelican Point. You will not be dissapointed at all with Desert Dunes Dust Tours. Thank you Uwe. Thank you for showing us a piece of Namibia. Until next time, Servio and Samira
- anafH2527UM00The most amazing self drive through Sandwich HarbourOne word describes it all - AMAZING. We had an unforgettable experience on a self guided tour in Sandwich Harbour with Uwe. What I’ve seen experienced guides in Tunisia, Dubai, Australia do - we did here by ourselves under the supervision and expert guidance of Uwe. We drove to the top of the high dunes and down and the feeling was exhilarating. A top experience not to miss when in Namibia. simply Ask 4 Uwe and do it with him :)
- robofon00Great trip!This was a tour that widely exceeded my expectations, the driver Winton is a great, funny guy and made our trip very memorable. The tour went to Sandwich Bay mostly by the shoreline and the way back was over the dunes. The views were astonishing. A good lunch vith beverages was included. Highly recommenable.
- Stephanie B00Fabulous day out in the stunning Namib sceneryHad a fabulous experience heading up to the dunes overlooking sandwich harbour, seeing animals in the delta, and driving around Pelican Point to see the seals. Highly recommend.
- Departure48636700Desert, Dunes & Dust is a must for your Sandwich Harbour tour!Wow! What a fantastic trip we had with Uwe as our guide on the full day Sandwich Harbour/Pelican Point trip. He is very knowledgeable, certainly knows his stuff. That coupled with being a safe and excellent driver, we felt we were in very safe hands. The coastal drive along the beach to Sandwich Harbour, with the waves almost lapping at our tyres, was amazing. And, the dune drive was hair raising...... Up and down dune. We have seen pictures of this and never thought we would do it but we felt so confident in Uwe's capable hands. The drive to Pelican Point was also superb. The amount of flamingos and other water birds was incredible plus several seal colonies. A photographer's dream. Only problem we had was camera and phone batteries all running out due to the excessive amount of photos we took!!!
- Crystal G00Just do it!We booked a 4x4 desert excursion to Sandwich Bay and loved every moment. Our guide/driver Winton, was knowledgeable, funny, and most of all an exceptional driver in the dunes. I’ve been to several other dune experiences in the past, but the experience along the drive to Sandwich Bay is one of a kind. It’s the combo of sea and sand that makes it a fun and memorable experience. The views are stellar, as are driving through and over the dune. And last but not least, the lunch far exceeded expectations. They customize according to preferences & allergies and it was a selection an individual platter or a bunch of different items. Tip: book the morning excursion. They tend to be less busy and therefore traffic on the dunes.
- 486ireneu00Awesomely amazing trip!Thrilling experience in all directions: the sceneries, the driving and overall pleasant atmosphere. Professionally planned trip with consideration of visitor’s expectations. Strongly recommend to go for a ride!
- gail184200Brilliant experienceExcellent tour with Winton. Brilliant experience driving through the dunes and along the beach. Great fun and amazing lunch. Would definitely recommend this trip
- Joburg_boy00Great Trip to Sandwich HarbourOn Friday 29 September my wife, Robin, and I spent six hours travelling to Sandwich Harbour on your tour. Our host was Winton van der Westhuizen. Winton was a superb guide, and we thoroughly enjoyed our time in his company. An expert on most matters relevant to the environment and the journey, we learnt a great deal from him. The scenery was amazing. Isolated, majestic, eternal. We saw some wild life, and learnt about the local bird life. Winton’s driving was expert, and we negotiated the steep dune downhill drives smoothly, not too many eyes tightly closed! Winton made sure we integrated well with the other people on the tour, and we all had an uproarious time! Please use this testimonial for your tour company, and for Winton himself. Please give a copy of this mail to him as I did not have the foresight to ask for his email address. Many thanks Ian and Robin Widdop Johannesburg
- eilidhm18800Once in a lifetime experience!We had an amazing day with Uwe! The experience of driving in the dunes was incredible and we got some really unique photos and videos. Uwe was a fantastic host - so knowledgeable about the area, including the the history and the wildlife, and he got us really close to the fur seal colony at Pelican Point for more photos. Overall, it was an absolute highlight of our trip to Namibia.
- chloen84300I was left disappointed.We were picked up from our accommodation in Swakopmund punctually. However, from this point things deteriorated. It immediately became apparent Uwe had a booking issue with an agent. We set off to Walvis Bay, with Uwe receiving and making repeated phone calls, which involved Uwe having heated discussions to resolve a booking problem. Uwe was on his mobile NOT a hands free system while driving, including while over taking at considerable speed on the main road to Walvis Bay. This is not a safe way to drive and was stressful for us all. When we arrived at Walvis Bay, Uwe suggested we have a coffee. We agreed and stated we did not wish to continue our tour until the issue was resolved as it was stressful to listen to, and because driving while on a mobile was not safe. An hour later, and long after other cars in the group left, we departed. We were not able to reach Sandwich Harbour via the beach due to spring tides and recent storms. This wasn't very clearly explained until we were looking at Sandwich Harbour from the top of a dune about 1km away. I had thought you could reach Sandwich Harbour via the dunes, but Uwe said not. We returned via the dunes and Kuisib delta. We learnt Uwe didn't have a concession for driving through this area, fees from which go to the local indigenous population. It seemed various Sandwich Harbour tours take this route when other access isn't possible, but without paying the concession fees. This was all rather confusing. Given this is a concession area which requires funds to support it, we were concerned about this approach. Plus our booking form clearly stated all parks fees were included. On a positive note, Uwe had extraordinary skills at spotting animals, and good local knowledge. The dune driving was a great fun, if a little hair-raising at times (but that's the point). Overall I was left disappointed. I had hoped to reach Sandwich Harbour and see the birdlife there, rather than look at it from afar. While storms and tides can't be helped, I was left wondering if we hadn't had the delayed start we would have made it? Uwe said no one made it that day. However, after the approach to driving safety and not paying concessions fees, I wasn't sure what to believe as everything felt a somewhat awkward and uncomfortable.
- jaros_awp5800Amazing experienceGreat experience. Uwe is very professional and knowledgeable . He makes you feel very comfortable and welcome. . Great sense of humour makes the trip worthwhile and memorable. Views are also amazing . Highly recommended
- sarahbJ5682PE00Awesome in every way!Amazing day which kick started our holiday. Winton was AMAZING! We were unable to get to Sandwich Harbour because the sea was too rough but Winron ensured we still had a fabulous day. Really, it was incredible!
- jameelm71100Spitzkoppe Full Day TourI had an amazing tour of Spitzkoppe. Along the way, we stopped at the Zeila Shipwreck and the Cape Cross Seal Colony. My guide was very welcoming and friendly and went out of his way to make sure I was comfortable and satisfied with my experience. I would recommend Desert, Dunes & Dust for any adventure tours from Swakopmund.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
No results found. Try removing a filter, changing your search, or clear all to read reviews.
Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour provided by Desert Dunes & Dust Tours
Product Overview: Sandwich harbour and Welwitschia Tour
Number of Reviews
Number of Photos