The 150 years-old Kawashima is located at Takashima in Shiga prefecture, which is about one hour from Kyoto. The owner, Mr Kawashima, hosts the brewery tour, in which you will have a chance to taste the local sake, “Matsuno Hana” and experience Takashima’s traditional culture and nature. Takashima is well-known for its unique water culture called “Kabata” which is an ancient method to use the natural spring water for daily life. This tour is exclusively designed for our guests. In the Kawashima brewery, you will enjoy Japanese traditional cultures in their special room, the inner room or the room apart from the main building, which is only opened for exclusive guests. Notice We use public transportation. Enjoy breathtaking landscapes from the bus and train window and relish the tranquil countryside on foot. However, please note that it is subject to availability and change. A taxi may be an alternative for transfer. Have a wonderful time in Japan!
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Both snacks and drinks for experience activities, such as Japanese Macha tea
- transportation from your accommodation to the nearest station, local ropeway, bus and taxi.
- The ropeway return fare is 2,500 yen (The information is as of June 2019.).
- The price does not include drinks and meals.
- Departure details
- Shiga Station, Kido, Otsu, Shiga 520-0514, Japan JR Shiga station.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 129285P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 129285P10
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Sep 2022 • Couples
Very bad experience, and the entrance fee is not enough to viewing only . The restaurant were bad the servicer not good
Written November 27, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.