The cooking experience starts at 10 am. There are three meeting locations (Yoyogi Uehara station, Yotsuya station, and Hanzomon station), but all are located in midtown Tokyo. The group will walk to the instructor’s home.
Menu: 1 main dish*, 2 side dishes, miso soup, and rice.
* If you are the first group to make a reservation, you are free to choose a main dish and the instructor would customize it based on your preferences.
Popular main dishes:
• Fish/chicken Nanban (deep-fried & marinated in rice vinegar, soy sauce and vegetables)
• Chicken Karaage (Japanese fried chicken)
• Sushi roll
What you will learn:
• What Japanese local people cook and eat at their home. (Usually it is not sushi!)
• What is Umami and how to make it.
• Unique ingredients in Japan: Miso, soy sauce and Mirin (sweet sake).
• Seasonal ingredients: How to use them and how to cook Japanese seasonal and fresh dishes.The class ends at the instructor's home around 1pm.