Hop on your bike to spend the day at the home of a local lantern maker. Learn the ancient art of lantern making while getting a glimpse into everyday life. Make your own lantern - you can even pick up some cooking tips while lunch is being prepared.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Bike with helmet
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Services at Tra Que Village
- Materials for making the lantern
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Tra Que Vegetable Village
- Any services not mentioned in the program
- Drinks, other meals, TIP and personal expenses
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24244P546
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- How much is Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An?
- Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An price starts from $68.38. Discover and book Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- What is the Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An cancellation policy?
- Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An?
- Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An is hosted by Saigon City Tours - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Saigon City Tours - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 24244P546
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Tra Que Vegetable VillageStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Hoi AnStop: 2 hoursSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Saigon City Tours - Day Tours
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Joined in April 2015
#219 of 907 Tours & Activities in Ho Chi Minh City
- nilanjan225300Excellent service quality.It was excellent. Very well arranged. The views and the boat cruise were brilliant experiences! Local food was a bonus. Guide SLIM was exceptionally good, explained things very well, and extremely helpful.
- ofirlevin00Uninformative and disrespectfulOverall uninformative, and not entertaining. Found the experience to be quite disrespectful of the war. We were saddled with a guide that spoke English, with a very hard to understand, accent, and not very well at times. The guide himself was very uninformed and gave very little relevant information regarding the war and try to make up for it with bad humor (which is absolutely not the place). At the middle of all this is a shooting range, where you can pay to shoot targets, which is incredibly inappropriate and distasteful.
- pegmanochi00A MUST DO FOOD TOURPhun, phabulous tour!! Tony and Trinh were awesome hosts. Took good care of us and fed us the best food HCMC has to offer!!!
- Ann L00Awesome tour!Ngọc Nguyễn, our tour guide did an excellent job for this tour. We enjoyed his enthusiasm and friendliness for the entire tour. His knowledge about and history of the country is awesome! His funny jokes made the trip more joyful. I highly recommended this day tour to everyone. The price is very reasonable and they even picked up and dropped off at the hotel. I wouldn’t mine taking another tour with Ngoc. We experienced eating crockeries, real honey, and drank some rice wine. The food is also awesome!
- AgapeVietnamTravel00TREKKING IN LAO CAII enjoy tropical forests and red maple leaves in Nhiu Co San, Cu Nhu San, Lao Cai, Vietnam The moss on trees and falling red maple leaves on the trekking trail, its beauty melts every single heart in Nhiu Co San, Cu Nhu San in early winter time. There is a growth layer of shrubs and grass, alternating with cliffs at the foot of the mountain This trekking trail is difficult to make in a long road, there are many vertical and slippery rocky slopes, sometimes you have to cross the forest, and sometimes you need to crawl up but what you gain is not only cloud hunting time, but also diverse and colorful things on the way up.
- trant97500Yenduc Village Tour- Indochina Junk - Halong bay-VietnamIt's paceful and realy Vietnamese. We visited local house and stayed Viethouse. We were watched water puppet show. Huong-guide's very friendly.
- Ljrc_1300Waste of time for small childrenAfter paying our entry fee for 7 adults and 3 children we are advised of all the areas closed. This included almost everything for preschoolers!!!
- ya_van_can00Nice trip out of the busy cityThis activity offers a nice comfy excursion out of the busy city of Dalat to the countryside. The coffee shop which is part of this tour is quite nice to sit and drink a cup of coffee as it has some nice exposed view of the coffee farm. The falls are very nice. There are some walks down and up the elephant falls but it is worth it as you can get quite close to the waterfall and behind, underneath the fall! I also have to recommend it for the super nice guide, Tin Tin, humorous and knowledgable. I recommend it!
- ellinlaw00city half-day tourFor those who only have a few days to spend in Ho Chi Minh, a tour of the city is highly recommended. It offers the visitors the opportunity to get a feel of the city's architecture and life. We started off with the Reunification Palace, formerly known as the Presidential Palace. This important city landmark assured its place in history on April 30, 1975 when the first North Vietnamese tanks rumbled past, signaling the fall of Saigon and ultimately the end of the Vietnam War. Currently the building is set as a museum with various meeting areas (still used for diplomatic and government meetings), war rooms and a basement communication center. Our next stop was the Notre Dame Cathedral which dates back to the 19th century. It is one of the most popular places and a backdrop for wedding photographs. Across the street from the Cathedral is the city's striking French colonial era post office, whilst Hotel de Ville de Saigon, officially Ho Chi Minh City Hall is another of the city's most prominent buildings. Another example of French colonial architecture is the Saigon Opera House (built in 1898) which stands right at the heart of the city. Our last stop was at the Jade Emperor Pagoda, is a Taoist temple build by the Chinese community in 1909. The temple exhibits various phantasmagorical divinities and grotesque heroes, having the Jade Emperor or the king of Heaven at its center.
- maarmst1200Half Day Ho Chi Minh city tourDavid, our tour guide was excellent. He was very friendly, knowledgeable, and spoke English very well. The tour with him was very informative and enjoyable.
- mark w00Odynovo Half Day tour of the War Museum and Ben Trahn market was exceptional!Our tour of Saigon started as we disembarked from our cruise ship, the Azamara Quest on Tuesday, October 22. We didn't have to walk more than 50 feet before our driver, Henry Hoang, held up the sign with our names on it. We quickly noticed that Henry spoke English very well, and that he had a big welcoming smile on his face. As we started driving through Saigon, Henry's knowledge of Vietnam's history was apparent, and our questions about his country were answered clearly, and completely. We were mainly interested in the War Museum, because of our interest in the war that was such a part of our lives growing up in the 60's. But, per Henry's suggestion, we visited the Ben Tranh market first, saving the visit to the museum for a little later. This was a good suggestion, because after the moving, and emotional museum visit, we probably wouldn't have felt much like shopping had we done the museum first. It was a wonderful day, with an exceptional guide. Odynovo had again provided us with and interesting and educational tour.
- Flane00Essential Saigon, and War detailsThis This is an ideal tour to fully experience Vietnam, plus enjoy lunch by the pool. Our guide aka Joseph ? (Tour date:17.9.19) organised our group well. We visited Notre dame Cathedral but could not go in as its being restored. However the Post Office across the road was another historic building. The highlights of the tour were the Palace, War remnants Museum and the tunnels at Cu Chi.
- Peter M00Ho Chi Minh City TourOur DAY 1 in Ho Chi Minh City tour with Johnny was excellent. His well spoken English was very informative, his knowledge of the history, and religious values were great. The visits, to China Town markets, Independence Palace, War Museum, Notre Dam Cathedral and other make this a must do.
- gayleaspden00MsWhat a fabulous experience cruising on the river in a small boat. You get to see everyday local life from the water. We went to the local centre and watched coconut sweets Being made. Excellent to watch. Tasted all the home made wines including snake wine. Bought some of that with the snake in the bottle. 😂
- John F00Ho Chi Minh City Full Day City TourRuby from Urban Adventures was our guide today. She gave us one of the best tours we have taken during our 3 week trip through Vietnam and Laos. She is very pleasant and well spoken in English. Her knowledge of history is superb. The only suggestion I would have is to not visit the wholesale market in China Town. I would highly recommend Lucy and this tour.
Buy it with
Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An provided by Saigon City Tours - Day Tours
Product Overview: Half-day tour From Farmer to Lantern Maker in Hoi An
Number of Photos