Joining this tour, you have an experience day of living and working with the local people in the Tra Que herb village. Tra Que is a charming little village on the edge of Hoi An, the village is named after the sweet scented vegetables that spice up the every day meals of the Pho Hoi people. Here a new spirit for traditional Hoi An dishes like Cao Lau, Quang noodles, enjoy cooking class served by host with the local ‘Tam Huu’ spring roll which were primarily made from Tra Que vegetables and cake with meat (Banh xeo) has been enlivened.
Ages 0-80, max of 1 per group
Duration: 5–7 hours
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Entrance fee, welcome drinks, bicycle, English/Vietnamese local tour guide, farming tools, lunch, Banh Xeo (local pancake) & Tam huu dishes demonstration.
- Insurance and other personal fees
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103054P70
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 103054P70
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
About the operator
Indochina Charm Travel - Day Tours
Joined in December 2011
#506 of 1,668 Tours & Activities in Hanoi
- Aimee M00Fabulous Vietnam Tour! Everything our hearts desired was fulfilled. Superb service and a guide that felt more like familThis tour far exceeded our expectations with adventure all along the way. Our guide was professional and very knowledgeable. By the end we felt more like family! I highly recommend!!
- Carolinejohorbahru00Epic Adventure in Vietnam!Our trip to Vietnam with Indochina was superb. The company exceeded our expectations on all fronts. Highly recommend!
- canoeberry00Three Week Tour of Cambodia, Laos, VietnamIndochina Charm Travel organized a custom 3 week tour for us to visit Cambodia, Laos & Vietnam. The pace was perfect for us - we saw so much but it never felt rushed. We scheduled free days at every stop so that we could be spontaneous. At every stop we were met by wonderful guides who showed us things we would never have found on our own. Ms Tran Van Phuong organized our trip, met us in person in Hanoi and was always available by WhatsApp. In Siem Reap Cambodia we saw Angkor Wat when the majority of the tourists were local Cambodians - which made the people watching as fun as the temple viewing. We also saw other beautiful temples - less famous - less crowded. Our hotel (La Niche) was in a great location where we could walk to some wonderful restaurants. We loved the Kulen elephant sanctuary. Luang Prabang, Laos was a highlight for us. Think we were very lucky because there were so few tourists. It felt like a very quiet but beautiful place. Our guide Addy was our favorite guide of the whole trip. He was really very special. Very good english, very polite, but what made him stand apart was his quiet sensitivity and his life experiences he was willing to share with us. He grew up in a local village & was a monk for 10 years - starting as a young boy for his education. The hotel (My Dream) was beautiful and quiet - i would have wanted one of the nicer rooms with a view if we were going to be there longer. Hotel restaurant was on a terrace with a wonderful view - food and cocktails were good - great relaxation at the end of a day of touring. We loved the bamboo bridge close to the hotel you could walk over to go to the historic section of the town. Best food of the trip was at Tamarind restaurant, recommended by Addy. The Mekong trip was great - the caves themselves not so interesting to us but the trip on the river was very interesting. We stopped at a different village than the whisky village at my request because there were so many tourist boats stopped at that village and we were not interested in trying the whiskey. The other village that Addy chose had no tourists and was very interesting. Loved the butterfly garden. Waterfalls were beautiful but I probably would not have liked it if in full tourist times. We had two stops in Hanoi and two different guides, both Tom & Cong were lovely - we really enjoyed our time with them so much. Both very professional; excellent English. We were grateful that Tom was so flexible about what we did and that we got to see some extra things we wanted to see. He also took us to see things that we didn't even know we wanted to see but loved. Both villages we visited outside Hanoi were really interesting and worthwhile. The bike riding was great. Ha Long bay is beautiful - especially the part that we went to that has fewer ships (but still many boats moored together at night). We were glad to be on a small boat with a small group - our boat max capacity 21 but we had 11. Very nice group of people so that was lucky! The weather was not great, but it stopped raining long enough for us to do all the activities. Loved all of the activities - kayaking, one fishing village visit, cave visit. Our one attempt at an outdoor meal was interrupted by rain. Hoi An was beautiful. Certainly lots of tourists. Surrounding area more developed than we had expected. We were booked in a small hotel outside Hoi An (An Bang Garden Homestay) that was great. Hotel arranged whatever activities we wanted - bicycles, scooter rentals, spa visit, tailors. Plenty of very good restaurants right around the corner from homestay. We did a bike tour to the Tra Que vegetable village which was great but we did not like the basket boat part of that tour. Very touristy. We wanted to get to a more rural area (less populated) and found a 2-day motorbike tour that we decided to book on our own (HoiAnMotorbikeAdventures.com) to rural villages & the Hai Van Pass, which we loved. We don't generally travel using an agent, but we could never have seen as much as we did without the help of Ms. Tran Van Phuong. Everything went smoothly and was well planned. Good value for the money. Highly recommend.
- Bob M00Excellent experience and easy to learnI was privileged to have one on one today. Nuong was a great teacher and I learnt a lot from decorating dishes and fruits as well as fresh egg rolls, crispy pancake and chicken soup. I would highly try this tour as she is an excellent teacher and explains everything clearly so you can understand. I would rate this experience higher but it only goes up to 5.
- HayBasel00Overpriced and pushed on someone’s private party cruiseSuper Overpriced for a 2 day cruise - they sold me a group cruise and instead ended on a private party of a large private group of 40 people where the group got drunk and took over the boat. Extremely unprofessional and unfair towards me and the other few tourists…
- Paul B00Vietnam Tour with Indochina Charm TravelI can't say enough about the wonderful tour arranged by Indochina Charm Travel and especially Ms. Tran Van Phuong. This company was recommended by my son that had previously used their services. Ms. Phuong began by asking several questions to ensure that the tour would meet our exceptions. She also made several suggestions regarding places and activities. We kept in touch on a regular basis and worked had to ensure that everything was arranged. She provided us wonderful tour beginning in Saigon and travelling North to Hanoi. We were alway met at the airport by our tour guides and drivers. We had three different tour guides, one in the South, Central and North. Each guide brought a wealth of experiences with them and really enhanced every spot we visited. Mr. Phuong was our guide in the South, Mr. Vu in the Central and Mr. Chung in the North. We traveled for ten days and every day was always a treat and exciting. When we arrived near the end of our trip,Ms Phuong personally met us at the airport and brought us to her favourite Phở Gà, and then a Vietnamese coffee shop in downtown Hanoi. I highly this tour company and I will be telling all of my friends to contact Indochina Charm Travel for trips to Vietnam and Indochina.
- 328sm00A Trip of A Lifetime!I can’t say enough good things about our trip to Indochina and the company that made our adventure possible! Friends of ours introduced us to Indochina Charm Travel and, from the very beginning, my experience with Mrs.Phuong was excellent. Before she put together our itinerary she asked me several questions about our family, our interests, levels of activity, etc. she then put together a wonderful trip through Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. She pairs us with excellent guides in each country, Duc in particular, and followed our travels every step of the way, constantly keeping in touch to make sure everything was going well. She even met up With us, twice, during the trip. Hearing my excitement, a number of friends have asked me for contact information for Indochina Charm Travel, which I have, enthusiastically, shared. Thank you for the memories!
- 932tonip00Great And profesional ServiceWe booked a private trip via them. From the first moment they build a custom trip according to sources meets. No this was a problem. And indeed they show us the best spots throughout Halong Bay on a Private Bout. Everything went smooth as planed. Helicopter Tour over the Halong bay was breathtaking and really worth the money. If you go, tell the guide to take a seat in the middle. It has a capacity for three and I thought that the guide would not come aboard. So he did and I was sadly sitting in the middle. Could see, but not the same. After that we were taken to the old Halong and the local market. It is a must!!! I do highly recommend this company if you are in Halong Bay for a dry. They will make everything for you with no hesitation. A visit to a local Pearl Farm was also there..... this was not mentioned.... but interesting to see. You have the opportunity to bay .... if you are interested. It is not a must!!!!
- livingtheqlife00Great Tours!We only had two days in Vientiane and decided to do private day tours. Our first tour was to Buddha Park and our second one was a City Tour. They were both great tours. We had a last minute change to our travel plans and had tp change our tour dates. The tour company was fantastic in rearranging our torus for us. Our guide, Nong, was very knowledgable and shared a lot of very interesting information. Not only about the sites we were visiting, but also about the country itself. We highly recommend using Indochina Charm Travel for planning your tours!
- SrikrishnanR100Hanoi visit including Halong Bay 2 day cruiseMy family and myself have just recently returned from Hanoi (our first visit) and spent 5 days – 4 nights including 2 days and 1 night on the Dragon Legend II Cruise to Halong Bay. Starting from the airport transfer to hotel bookings to site seeing was absolutely fantastic. We are strict vegetarians and the guide ensured that we were taken to restaurants that had enough vegetarian option. The cruise to Halong Bay was definitely worth the experience. Words can not describe!! Luckily the weather was great and allowed us to spend time in the beach / cave etc. The highlight of the trip apart from the Halong bay visit was the Water Puppet Show and Quintessence of Tonkin Show. The tour went seamlessly. Thank you so much Phoung and her team and Indochina Charm Travel.
- Mayor88800Ha Long Bay By Air & Sea!My Brother and I booked the full day Ha Long Bay trip and it was worth every cent!! The itinerary is there for all to see but basically picked up from hotel, Sea Plane from Hanoi airport landing into Ha Long Bay (inc. 15 minute scenic flight) and then into VIP boat. We though VIP boat was meant to be a special boat (which it was), but it turns out it meant we had a boat that could hold 40 all to ourselves!! The lunch was amazing, caves and kayaking once in a life time and our tour guide and crew made it amazing. Seaplane back to Hanoi and pick up to hotel was as seamless as on the way out. A special time for two brothers who see each other once a year! Phuong who works in the Hanoi office made all of this happen last minute. Communication was clear and constant and we even got a last minute discount. 10/10 for Phuong and her team. Thanks for making this one of the most memorable experiences of mine and my Bro’s life!
- lamrosslyn00Private cooking class with bicyclesMy family and I had such an amazing time on this cooking class. Our guide Mr To was delightful and gave us many valuable insights into not only cooking but the Vietnamese way of life. We enjoyed so much meeting him and his family and the cycling through the country side was such a pleasant way to experience the local community. Mr To collected us from our accom, provided us with 5 brand new bicycles and took us on an extended tour of the country side. Along the way we rode a buffalo (fun) and on arrival we had massages and then we started our cooking. The whole day was well organised and was an absolute highlight. On top of all of that we discovered that mr To is a famous chef throughout the country. Thanks for a great day!
- DarrenMooseHolz00THREE DAYS TOUR TO HALONG BAY BY SEAPLANEMy partner and myself have just recently returned from Ha Long Bay (my first visit) am and spent 3 days – 2 nights on the Dragon Pearl. Flying into and then out of Ha Long Bay by Seaplane was definitely worth the experience. Words can not describe!! Luckily the weather was good enough to allow some video footage before touching down in the bay. The tour went seamlessly and no issues with airport transfers etc. Thank you so much Indochina Charm Travel.
- 153natsumim00Tinh Tinhさん、ありがとうございました！母との旅行で参加させてもらいました！とてもいい思い出になりました。とくに市場での料理で使う材料の買い物はとてもエキサイティングで、母も大変喜んでいました。市場の後はボートにのり、竹でできた気持ちの良い建物で料理をします。 ６人でのツアーでしたが、国籍も様々ななか、英語のできない私たちでもコミュニケーションができ大変楽しかったです。 先生のティンティンさんもジョークをはさみながら場をもりあげてくれます！最後には竹でできま箸とレシピもプレゼントされました。 ホイアンでステイする方に強くおすすめします。 Ms Tinh Tinh, we had a good time.Thank you for giving us the wonderful memories！
- Balle201300Worth for 1/2 day visitWe took a private driver to drive us to the My Son. The scenery of ruins and surrounding nature is great, yet there are a few buildings on the site. The rest were destroyed by bombing. If possible, opt for an evening tour to see sunset lights and avoid large groups. And find a guide, which can tell you a history of the place and meaning/purpose of the structures.