Highlights of Eastern Turkey A specious private tour of Remote Turkey A world away from Turkey’s popular resorts, this exciting new eastern borderlands tour offers adventure, scenery and cultural interest on a grand scale. Our journey begins in Van dominates the Iranian border and Lake Van, vast and mountain encircled, feeds the plains of Mezapotamia. Mount Nemrut houses 2200 years old giant statues of God and Goddess. With its broad vistas and dramatic scenery, fascinating history and culture, this trip gives a truly varied insight into a part of Turkey rarely seen by foreign visitors. HIGHLIGHTS: • The markets and architecture of Mardin & Urfa • Fantastic sunset by the majestic heads of Mt. Nemrut • Eastern Turkey cousine influenced from borderline cousines.
Duration: 10 days
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- 10 Days Breakfast in hotels
- Entry/Admission - Holy Cross Church
- Entry/Admission - Van Castle (Van Kalesi)
- Entry/Admission - Deyrulzafaran Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Potbelly Hill
- Entry/Admission - Nemrut Dagi National Park
- Entry/Admission - Arsemia Antik Kenti
- Entry/Admission - Zeugma Mosaic Museum
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Van Airport, Van Turkiye
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 244508P7
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 244508P7
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor.Explore other options
Van airport to Van. City Tour in...
Day 2 : Van- Van Castle- Akdamar...
Tatvan - Hasankeyf - Mardin:
Day 4: Mardin- Deyrul saffaran...
Day 5: Urfa Urfa museum Gobeli...
Day 6: Mount Nemrut – Arsemia...
Day 7: Gaziantep-Zeugma museum-...
Antakya Hatay Antioch St Peter...
About the operator
Overland Travel Trekking
Joined in February 2020
#1 of 7 Food & Drink in Fethiye
- suhail201700Amazing Tour with Amazing StaffThe tour was carefully crafted to fit our needs and wishes. the Leader, Fatih, gave us his best offer & service. A decent driver was with us all the time, Shadash. great hotel offerings & excellent meal choices. They chose the best routes with amazing scenery. Highly recommended for your trekking & sightseeing tours in that area.
- Karen J00Hiking with Tolga in Cappadocia.I can’t express how great Fatih and Tolga were to our group. Everything was planned and executed perfectly. Fatih got us to all the places we needed to go and Tolga was the best guide. If you are interested in history, Tolga will tell you. If you like flowers, he knows them. Butterflies? He has you covered. He chose trails that were stunning and appropriate for our groups skill level. Both of them were endlessly patient when we wanted to change their detailed plans to include something we wanted to do. They made sure we saw the beauty of the region, sampled its fabulous cuisine, and crammed in some shopping as well. I hope to plan another adventure with this company asking for Tolga to be our guide again. I HIGHLY recommend them to you.
- angie047200All inclusive 8 day Cappadocia hiking tripWe just returned from our hiking trip to Cappadocia. Fatih from Overland Travel planned a wonderful trip for us to see the highlights of Cappadocia. He also arranged an unforgettable balloon ride. Our tour guide Tolga was very knowledgeable about the region but also history and plants and birds. Next to the trails we walked, which we never would have found ourselves we got the opportunity to taste great regional food. We also visited all the highlights of the region like Göreme open air museum, underground city and churches and monestries. Fatih and Tolga are both very friendly and easy going and they did their very best to fullfil all of our wishes. I can highly recommend them if you are planning a trip to Cappadocia.
- Ialdeg2100Very impressive visit of OinoandaOur guide Fatih picked us up in Antalya and drove us to the small town of Incealiler from where we started our climb up to the remains of the ancient city of Oinoanda. It's a site not widely known but very much worth a visit. In Oinoanda, which means rich in wine or rich in vines, the wealthy Epicurian philosopher Diogenes donated a large inscription explaining Epicurus’ teachings. It was carved in the wall of a local stoa. Parts of the inscription have been recovered and are kept secure in a warehouse on site but are not on public display. However there’s lots more to see. The Hellenistic city wall, the theater, sarcophagi, the remains of the esplanade (the upper agora where Diogenes’ stoa most likely stood), lime stone joints for the pipes that supplied the city with water, several inscribed stones, the remains of a defensive wall to the north of the city. It’s a very impressive and powerful experience to walk among these ruins with no other people around you to remind you that you’re in the 21st century and not the second. We can highly recommend visiting Oinoanda to anyone interested in classical times. The climb is not very steep but we do advise wearing proper walking shoes. Fatih is a most excellent guide. Very knowledgeable, flexible and friendly. Very easy to get in touch with and quick to respond to any questions. We will definitely return to Turkey and book another tour with Overland Travel.
- Veronica T00Amazing day in CappadociaThis has been an amazing experience, Fatih is a great guide and made our tour fantastic, also easy to communicate and coordinate on the previous dates. Thanks Fatih
- Benmassey16400An epic week of mountains and history/cultureI have just finished an 8 day tour with Fatih who owns and runs Overland travel. It was a brilliant week - the mix of the mountains with cultural sites in Van after was fantastic. Fatih is very personable and easy to get on with. He can’t do enough for you and is extremely flexible with how the tour runs, if he can make any adjustments he will. His English is excellent and he is always on hand to help. In the Eastern part of Turkey, English isn’t widely spoken and so going with a guide made it so much easier. The price was very reasonable too. I would highly recommend doing this tour or any others with the company. Thanks for an epic week and I hope to do another trip with the company in the not too distant future in another part of Turkey.
- Matea Č00Taurus mountainsWe are a group of friends from Croatia who traveled to Taurus mountains for 5 days with Fatih, our guide. It was a wonderful 5 day trek for us. We enyojed in this beautiful mountains with nomad people and Fatih. They were careful and friendly, taking care of us 24/7. Fatih was a special guy, natural, sincere, funny, casual. He gave us tips for the rest of our trip in Turkey, he didn't try to sell us anything and we really appreciate that a lot. We will remember this trip for a long time. Thank you!
- susanhD8555QC00Amazing CappadociaThis was my first trip with Fatih and he’s a brilliant guide who produced a fantastic tour to make sure we explored all of the highlights of the area. He choose a lovely boutique hotel -Alba cave hotel, the staff were so welcoming and the breakfasts really set you up for a good day’s hike. Lunches and Evening meals all top notch at a great variety of cafes and restaurants. This trip had a real ‘wow’ factor, stunning scenery, churches, monasteries, caves, walking in the valleys and besides rivers - I can’t believe Fatih packed so much into a week for us - lifetime highlight was the sunrise hot air balloon! And not to miss us the whirling Dervishes and Turkish night. Highly recommend this tour - 7 days in Cappadocia.
- IshbelR00Amazing week exploring CappadociaA wonderful week hiking the valleys and hills of Cappadocia-stunning views appear round every corner. Our guide Fatih made sure we experienced every type of terrain and visited all the villages at a pace that suited our group. Our home for the week was a lovely cave hotel whose staff made us feel very welcome. This was my third trip with Fatih and I’d happily travel with him again
- MissyHoelli00Unforgettable experience with an amazing guide in a beautiful placeI just finished a 6 full days hiking trip in Cappadocia with Fatih and I loved every second of it. Fatih is a very nice and knowledgeable guide. He took us to all important trails in the area andmust see places and villages to visit in Cappadocia. Fatih also adapted the programme according to the weather conditions which saved us from hiking in the rain while other groups where less lucky. I also loved the mix of local and really classy restaurants which where all very very tasty. The boutique hotel where we stayed at during the week was also very good, with amazaing breakfast and very friendly hosts. Fatih treated us like friends to whom whe showed his country. Thanks so much, Fatih, for this unforgettable trip. :-). I hope, I will come back to Turkey to do another tour with you :-)
- William L00Hiking, History and Food for ThoughtVisit to Lycian sarcophagi, Kayaköy, witnessing paragliding at Ölüdeniz beach, viewing Butterfly beach and 7 Capes and visit to Sidyma historic site. This is a short summary of an 8 hour tour by Fatih Koç
- K80NYC00Extremely special, authentic, heartfelt experience!I don’t know how we got so lucky to find Fatih and Overland Travels for our small group’s incredible personalized trek and cultural tour along the Lycian Way. Words and photos are not going to be nearly sufficient to describe our experience, but I will try. Initially, we chose the independent self-guided tour curated by Fatih, but later reading about the trail caused us to change our minds and include the guide, which turned out to be the best choice and an unexpected special experience we will remember for a long time. Fatih crafted such a heartfelt, thoughtful, personable experience and provided an incredible level of service and genuine care that made us feel like family. He was attentive to the moment and the feel of our small group, making appropriate adjustments along the way, with a sensitivity that was really something special. He has a great attention to detail, is an aesthete who knows really good authentic food, people and experiences, has an appreciation of history, quiet, beauty, humor, respect for nature, good relationships with people and has a lot of patience. We were hard to corral at times and he was incredibly accepting and tolerant, yet kept us on task and drove the pace in a firm but sensitive way so that we got the most out of the tour. The hotels and pensions were well chosen, family-run establishments that we loved, run by good people. The tour he curated was extremely well put together and focused on the best parts of the Lycian Way and breathtaking cultural experiences rich with many ancient city ruins, tombs of different eras, a fort, a beautiful boat ride to a sunken city with lunch and swimming in a cove, lots of walks, hiking and swimming. He arranged our airport to hotel transportation and arranged a very sweet driver for the whole tour. We fell in love with Turkiye and it’s people and can not wait to go back under Fatih’s care, again, of course! This was an experience of a lifetime that changed us. Teşekkür ederim, from the bottom of our hearts. It was really special to meet you and your country. 🙏
- marianaluiscas00Hiking the best of the Lycian WayWe had an amazing adventure, great landscapes to see, the expedition was very well curated since we visited the most relevant and amazing parts of the Lycian way, we were impressed of how many different landscapes and atmospheres you get to see and experience. Our guide Fatih was great, charming and very profesional. We had an amazing time with overland travel, i will definitely recommend him and the agency! Thanks for such an amazing time, we really enjoy the journey 👌🏽🙏🏽✨
- Michael S00Day tour on Turquoise CoastThe owner, Fatih, arranged a day tour led by his guide, Ozgur, who picked me up at my hotel in Kas. We spent the day traveling through Patara, Xanthos, Letoon, and other sites including a fantastic mountain village and an excellent restaurant for lunch, finishing with a dropoff at my next hotel, in Fethiye. Ozgur is both an experienced guide and a knowledgeable student of ancient cultures with masters level training. I ask lots of questions, and there wasn't one that Ozgur couldn't answer. He is also very good and friendly company, and an excellent driver. I couldn't have had a better day! Fatih was also highly responsive and reliable.
- RichardK93800Best Tour Guide Ever!I put together list of 7 places I wanted to see in Turkey and then Tolga from Overland Travels turned my list into a real itinerary. He arranged a driver, a very comfortable touring van, hotels, a domestic flight, meals and tours of all sites. One site was closed for COVID and Tolga called the manager of the site and arranged a personalized tour. My weeklong trip could not have been better. Tolga spoke perfect English and knew the history of every site from beginning to present. We covered Hattusa, Divrigi, Diyarbakir, Mt. Nemrut, Gobekli Tepi, Xanthos, Letoon, Patara and even spent time in Ankara and Fethiye. He even added an extra UNESCO site to my itinerary at no extra cost because her knew I would be interested. We toured, ate and talked history for one of the best weeks of my life.