voicesofmesopotamia South East Turkey is a melting pot of cultures, with influences from resident and neighbouring Arab and Kurdish populations, which both bring with them a wealth of history and tradition. You will meet people from all these rich cultures and the many ways they express and celebrate their identities. Each site we visit has played an important role in shaping the history of Turkey and the wider region. We will explore the history of the many civilisations that have called this place home, and how they all fit together in the long timeline of this area - correctly known as the ‘cradle of civilisation’. Turkey hosts some of the best archaeological sites; all the way from the Neolothic era, to the roman empire, the crusades, and the seljuk and assyrian empires. Many of these sites are little known, which means you have a rare access to immaculate and perfectly preserved locations.
Duration: 7 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
- Entry/Admission - City Walls
- Entry/Admission - Vrysoulles
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nemrut
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We operate as a circular tour, meaning that we can begin the tour in any of the included cities - depending on what is most convenient for our visitors. Whereas the above itinerary starts and finishes in Diyarbakir, this can be changed to Urfa or Mardin. There are cheap and frequent daily flights from Istanbul and Ankara (as well as many other national airports), to the airports at Diyarbakir, Mardin, and Urfa. We can arrange inward and outward flights for our visitors free of charge - with the tickets themselves typically costing less than €20 per flight. If you are already in South East Turkey, or travelling by land - all our starting cities are very well connected with the Coach network in Turkey, and we can assist with any bookings that you need to make.
- Diyarbakır, Türkiye We collect guests wherever is most suitable for them, this can be the airport, railway station, bus station, or a specific hotel.
- Mardin, Artuklu/Mardin, Türkiye We collect guests wherever is most suitable for them, this can be the airport, railway station, bus station, or a specific hotel.
- Şanlıurfa, Türkiye We collect guests wherever is most suitable for them, this can be the airport, railway station, bus station, or a specific hotel.
- Adıyaman, Türkiye We collect guests wherever is most suitable for them, this can be the airport, railway station, bus station, or a specific hotel.
- Istanbul Airport, TayakadIn Terminal Street No. 1, Istanbul 34283 Turkiye
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 149231P1
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 149231P1
Diyarbakir | The Basalt City
Cayonu, Egil, Hasankeyf |...
Dara and Mardin | Cities Old and...
Urfa and Gobeklitepe | 12,000...
Perrin to the Mountains
Nemrut | The God King and his...
Final Day Transfer
Iyi gunler, Bu turun 4 yada 5 gunluk olani varmi? Aralik 19 da 5 kisi olabiliriz. Nemrut dagina o tarihte cikabilme sansimiz yok sanirim varsa cok seviniriz tabiki ama olmassa. Diyarbakira ucsak, dauyarbakir, mardin, urfa ve gobekli tepe istiyoruz. Bu mumkun mu acaba ? Fiayat ne olur 4 gun icin?
Hi, I am planning to go to turkey with my fiance and i want to book this tour with you in june. Not sure exactly about the date but early june. How many people are usually on the tour? Also my fiance is vegetarian i was wondering about food options for her. Thank you
Did you get any answers? I have the exact same questions.