Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering)
By I Asia Thailand (Chiang Mai)
Is there a better feeling in the world than when you give. And giving alms to the monks of Mae Hong Son certainly fits into this category! An early morning pick up from your Mae Hong Son hotel will take you to a large, local market and you'll immediately see how different it is to your market back home. As dawn has just opened its eyes, you may be feeling a little peckish so the guide will take you
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 0-99, max of 8 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Return hotel transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Any personal expenses (such as purchases in the market)
- Alms to give to the monks (about 40-baht will usually be sufficient if you choose to give)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Pick up from all Mae Hong Son town hotels. You MUST advise Thailand contact details prior to date of travel to avoid tour being cancelled.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90546P220
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum adults required for this activity to take place. Single traveler can book but is subject to cancellation if minimum number is not met.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering)
What you can expect during your visit
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering)?
- Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) price starts from $52.40. Discover and book Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) on Tripadvisor
- What is the Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) cancellation policy?
- Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering)?
- Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) is hosted by I Asia Thailand (Chiang Mai). Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact I Asia Thailand (Chiang Mai) on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering)?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Monks Morning Almsgiving Tour (Food Offering) on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90546P220
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1MarketStop: 60 minutesAt Mae Hong Son's morning market there are varieties of fresh and dry food to buy.Read more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Better things to see closer to home (hotel) in the old city in Chang Mai
Our tour guide described Wiang Kum Kam as an underground city! An underground city conjures up images of At…
Great event, good fighters.
Great event, good fights including internationals and even one for a belt. Drinks very reasonable and staff very he…
Fun and active experience for all ages
This was such a lovely getaway short trip from Chiang Mai downtown area. We chose the small obstacle course but in…
The staff at this place is really nice and they have fun doing the job. The ziplines are very safe, the staff make …
Fun! Safe, and professionally run.
Great fun and very professionally run. Our guides through the zipline were wonderful and also spoke very good Engli…
Great way to see Chiang Mai’s main temples
The tour was a great way to see the main temples of Chiang Mai as well as learning some of the history. Our guide, …
Punctual, great service, not expensive, not too far to travel from airport!
Lady met us at airport on arrival - smooth process! Car was immaculate and well air conditioned! Highly recommend f…
Great transfers with zero problems. Must do !
We booked the arrival and this was excellent. As soon as you collect your luggage the guide was right by the doors …
Its a great place to have a fun. You will never forget it. Loved it!
It was so much fun! One of my friends was quite scared at that time, because it’s quite high and took around 3 hour…
Very nice and professional driver to and from Hotel
Very punctual and nice driver. Driver even helped us carry the luggage. Highly recommended for family or friends wi…
Our guide was amazing. She was knowledgeable about the sites and made us feel very comfortable
We saw 3 different temples and a tour of the city and we had many things explained to us. We had a great conversati…
Easy transfer to hotel at a great price
Efficient way to reach our hotel in Chiang Mai from Chiang Mai city. Vehicle is silent, with comfortable seating, …
Punctual, great service and vehicle
Lady was waiting at airport on arrival, a very smooth process! Car was immaculate and well air conditioned! This wa…
Efficient way to reach our hotel from Chiang Mai Airport
We booked this transfer separate to our tour thorough Expedia. We have used I Asia group throughout our tour and th…
Great value private car to our hotel in Chiang Mai
Overall a great experience. Car is spacious for 2 adults with all our luggage. Clean and comfortable. Fast response…