Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge
By I Asia Thailand (Chiang Rai)
Tham Lod is a place where antiques and pre-historic remains have been found. Together with a lamp, be guided into Tham Lod Cave by bamboo raft. This huge cave is magnificently adorned with colourful stalagmites and stalactites. Lunch is provided at a local restaurant. Then visit "Tham Plaa" or Fish Cave, 17.4 kms up the road towards Pai. Walk about 200 metres through the park and cross a narrow suspension bridge to the cave. Next to the cave is a pool burbling from a subterranean stream. The pool holds enormous fish which you can feed. Visit also Zutongpae Bridge, the bamboo bridge located on the outskirts of Mae Hong Son City lined with bamboo mat of about 2 metres wide and approximately 500 metres in length which was built by the locals to serve the monks of Wat Tham Poo Sa Ma and locals of Ban Gung Mai Sak. The name "Zutongpae" is from the Shan language and means 'success'. It is believed that dreams will come true to those who cross the bridge.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 5-99, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Return Hotel Transportation from/to hotels in Mae Hong Son
- Set Lunch
- Thai Local Guide
- Entry/Admission - Mae Hong Son
- Gratuities (optional)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- All Mae Hong Son towns hotels You MUST advise Thailand contact details prior to date of travel to avoid tour being cancelled.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90546P218
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Cost is based on a Join Tour (Minimum 2 Adults). One day prior to tour, if only 1 person is booked then tour can still operate but surcharge must be paid to Guide for tour to operate as Private Tour OR pax can cancel and receive refund.
- Minimum age 4 years (they don't have life jackets for children of this age)
- Should your travel plans change after booking, do not worry. I Asia Thailand will do all possible to change your booking to fit with your new travel arrangements free of charge.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge
What you can expect during your visit
- I Asia Thailand has an exclusive partnership with 'Safety in Asia’. Being specialists in Health & Safety management in the hospitality industry, they will guide us on the best hygiene practices available. 'Safety in Asia' is FTO (Federation of Tour Operators) approved.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- How much is Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge?
- Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge price starts from $146.91. Discover and book Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge on Tripadvisor
- What is the Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge cancellation policy?
- Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge?
- Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge is hosted by I Asia Thailand (Chiang Rai). Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact I Asia Thailand (Chiang Rai) on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tham Lod Cave & Pre-Historical Tomb & Bamboo Bridge on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 90546P218
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Nam Lod CaveStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 2Tham Pla - Namtok Pha Suea National Park OfficeStop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travelers have to say about the operator.
One of the best highlights of our vacation
Awesome Experience! Beautiful sunrise with faraway mountains. You have to give it a try while in Chiangmai. My frie…
Very worthwhile tour as it covers many places!
Very good tour with the I Asia guides and drivers are very friendly. The food is great and it was a nice way to see…
Definitely one for the ticket list! Truly outstanding
Amazing, friendly and helpful staff - what more can we ask for. One of the best experience we had! Pick up and dro…
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Beautiful scenery arriving at the caves. Stream full of fish. Need to hire a guide with a lantern to guide you through the cave. Then have a bamboo raft ride to the end of the cave. Very dark, only the lantern for light, so ,hard to take good photos. At the end of the cave, there is lots of light, so photos there are very good. Depart raft and climb some stairs, and walk around part of the cave. Very enjoyable.
Written March 7, 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Dear Peter, Thank you for your comments. We are delighted you had a comfortable and pleasant day out to the Tham Lod Caves. It will be a pleasure to have you with us again in the future. Regards, Nick
Written March 9, 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.