Mount Meru Climb & Hike is the best for acclimatization prior to Mount Kilimanjaro climbing. The Mountain is the third highest peak in Africa and is the second highest mountain in Tanzania at 4,568m. The mountain is located within Arusha National Park, Tanzania’s gem. This prime location gives trekkers the chance to spot some of the wildlife that inhabits the area.
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: German, English
What's not included
- Park fees
- Camping Equipments
- Drinking water
- Pick up from airport
- Entry/Admission - Arusha
- Entry/Admission - Mount Meru
- Entry/Admission - Mount Meru
- Alcoholic drinks
- International flight
- Guide tips
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
- Arusha Airport, JJJF+QXJ, Arusha, Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 249677P9
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 249677P9
Reserve your spot
Pick up from Airport - Hotel
Hotel - Arusha National Park...
Miriakamba - Saddle Hut
Summit Day (Half Board)
About the operator
Bobby Camping Safaris
Joined in February 2018
#95 of 2,332 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
- 563lulak00Great 2 1/2- day Safari to Ngorongoro and TarangireWe had a really great time on safari to Ngorongoro and Tarangire with Amiri and Miraji! Both are lovely, friendly and humorous young man. Amiri drove carefully and helped us to spot various animals and always a had some interesting fact about them to tell. Miraji prepared really nice (veggy) food. The third day we visited a Masaai Village which was an interesting experience. They showed us around the village and the houses and also offered some jewellery to buy.. they danced and asked us to join which felt a bit uncomfortable at first but was nicely meant… it is kind of a show for the mzungo but was still interesting to learn about their way of living… In our opinion ngorongoro and tarangire are perfect for a shorter safari.. you really see all the animals and we also heared that lake manyara isn’t so rich of them. Overall really enjoyable experience and would definitely do it again with bobby and his team!
- Jurgita_203900Six grate days and big 5!Wonderful 6 day safari. Our drivers and gides Amani and Joly were great. Very polite, we felt all the time big care of them. We saw all we expected and more. We went to Tarangire, Hadzabe tribe, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manjara and Masai vilagde. Our gides did all there best that we saw everything, were punctual. Overnites we can chose according to our wishes. Overnight places in park were interesting, new experienses to sleep among the animals. I would not recomend to go to Masai village, becouse it is very comersial, but Hadzabi tribe people were very interesting to visit. We had 6 grate days in Tanzanija and saw big 5!
- 111sherrynd00Family Safari with Bobby Camping Safari’sWe did a 6 day safari with 6 family including our 4 yo granddaughter. Amiri our driver and guide was fabulous and very accommodating. He made sure we all got the best views of the wildlife and scenery. Bobby tours designed our safari around our requests and we started with Tarangirie, Manyara, Serengeti, including the Mara River, where we were lucky enough to see a river crossing. Finally Ngorongoro. We saw lots of game, including lion, cheetah and a very special sighting of a leopard active during the day. I would be happy to recommend Bobby Tours!
- Jan K004 days Safari with children (10 and 12 yrs) in Tanzania - Terengire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara National ParkThis was our first Safari. Everything worked as it should - pick up, car, driver, accommodation, return on time... We stayed once at Tanzania Bush Camp in Serengeti and twice at Karibuni Crater Forest Close to Ngorongoro. We were mainly surprised how clean were the places and we had no worries about quality of the food. But at the end it’s always about people and we were superlucky. Our driver and guide Amiri was exactly what you would like to get - experienced driver, who knows the “right” places (quite often we were the first or second to see the animals before others), has knowledge about the animals and is respectful to them, very good relation to children, and, last but not least, has a good sense of humour:)
- Passenger3289278752000Safari family tripWe did a four day trip with our family to safari. Me, my husband and our three kids - 16, 14 and 12. We visited Lake Manyara National Park, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. It was really an amazing experience for us. We slept in the tents. The food was good, both Amiri (guide and driver) and Miraji (cook) were great companions. They stayed positive even if some unexpected complications (road accident by other car, but we needed to wait until the road was cleared) occurred on our way back. Amiri was very knowledgeable about the animals, knew a lot of details and was able to see and show us really a lot. We especially liked the lions, giraffe and elephants. We can definitely recommend this trip and experience.
- Passenger3289278752000Kilimanjaro family tripWe did a family trip to Kilimanjaro, Marangu route, 6 days. Me, my husband, and our three kids - 16, 14, and 12 years old. I would like to thank to all the team for great experience for us. Bobby camping safari team lead by Innocent was very helpful. They set the pace for the walk for us, helped us when needed. Food was good. Our stuff was already on place every time we reached the hut. All the team was positive minded which helped to make us feel better when we were tired. They kept track of our health status, to ensure that we avoid possible health complication, especially in relation to high altitude. We all managed to reach the Uhuru peak.
- evelinaj93900Great safariRecently, we have finished our unforgettable safari, and I have the best recommendations for the trip. Although our driver and guide Amiri drove us for 9-10 hours every day, the time flew quickly for us, we didn’t get bored. The weather was perfect most of the time, cloudy with sun. We saw a lot of animals, it exceeded our expectations. We were shocked when Amiri recognised them hiding in the bush or in the tree. Amiri didn’t leave any hesitations about his professionalism, I think we were lucky to have him as our guide.
- andrey-in-china00Hakuna Matata in TanzaniaWe have just finished our 5 day trip to Tanzania. We visited Serengeti NP, Ngorongoro NP, Lake Manyara and Masai village with Bobby camping and the driver and guide Mr. Amani. The trip was amazing and unforgettable. Well organized and planned, everything was on time from the first minute we met our guide Amani in the hotel in Arusha. The car was very nice and clean. Amani was with us during the whole trip, and honestly it was a great luck to have him as our guide - such a professional, polite and patient person, always smiling and joking with us, he took a good care of us making our trip safe and pleasant every minute. During these several days he became a close friend to us and treated us like a family. Amani was also answering all our questions about Tanzanian people , culture, nature, animals. So the trip was not only about watching but also very informative and interesting. As for animals, we met almost everything we were dreaming to see (only leopard is missing): lions and lionesses (many of them!), cheetahs (we met 8!), hyenas, zebras, giraffes, elephants, buffalos, wildebeests, impalas, hippos, rhinos, baboons, blue monkeys, gazelles, antelopes, lots of different birds and so on. That was our dream for many years to visit Africa and Tanzania, and I could not even imagine that we would have such a great safari time here. Thanks a lot Amani and Bobby camping safaris for your great job and these beautiful memories. Asante sana! Next time we visit Tanzania for sure we will go again for this company. And I highly recommend to plan tours with this reliable company 👌 .
- 788dariusv00UnforgettableWe are very thankful for all team for planned safari tour. Everything was awesome. We are very happy! Also, biggest thank you for our driver/guide Amani Elias Kirway! Very professional, respectful and polite. Very clearly explained about visited places. Very informative explained about animals and birds. Very good guide! Once again, thanks for all of you guys!
- mhdhanji00Amazing experience with excellent service🤩Bobby camping safaris organised an amazing 3 day safari starting from Arusha and ending Mwanza. There was 4 of us and we started in Arusha, we met our amazing driver Amiri, real nice guy and had extensive knowledge about Serengeti and Ngorongoro. We first went Karatu, and on the way there our driver recommended a spot to view lake manyara, which was beautiful as the view was nothing I had ever seen before. We reached our first stop in Karatu and stayed at this lovely lodge, where all food was provided. The lodge was excellent, providing exquisite food and a nice calm atmosphere. We then set out for Ngorongoro. The driver Amiri, was the most experienced driver I have ever seen, all the roads and decent into the crater is not easy and he made it look like a piece of cake. He was also very easy to talk to, and liked to make jokes which made us all laugh. Every animal we saw in Ngorongoro he stopped for us to take pictures, and also took us to see animals, we had only ever seen on TV, and seeing them in real life is a completely different experience. Amiri took us to see the lions in Ngorongoro, where they walked right past the car. We saw lions, zebras, wilder beasts, elephants, rhinos, monkeys and even more. Amiri drive us around Ngorongoro for hours and we really got to see everything there. We then set out for Serengeti, making a few stops on the way to see giraffes. Once we reached Serengeti we were greeted by a bunch of Zebras crossing the road. Amrita then using the radio found a place where lions were sleeping on the tree. We sat there for about an hour taking pictures, and then witnessing the lion fall from the tree, which even Amiri said is a rare sight. After that we proceeded to see even more lions, and hyenas. Amiri then found out that there was a leopard on the tree, and he immediately drove there. We then went to the Seronera lodge, which was amazing with great food, a swimming pool and an amazing view. Amiri then also took us out the next morning to whiteness the sunrise, which was the most beautiful and spectacular sights I have ever seen. After that we went around saw more lions, saw a hyena eating his morning breakfast. We then set out for Mwanza, and once we reached there we had to say goodbye to our amazing driver, which was difficult for us as we all had such good times full of laughter, and he taught us so much about all the different animals in Serengeti and Ngorongoro. This safari was an experience of a lifetime which I will remember for the rest of my life, everything was well organised, and everything went smoothly. Amiri was by far the most experienced and funny driver I have met, and I cannot fault him and this whole experience in any way. I’d like to thank Bobby’s Camping Safaris for the unforgettable experience and I would highly recommend.🤩🤩🤩🤩
- leluewab00Best time on 4 day camping safariWe did a 4day budget camping safari with Bobby Camping Safaris in a group of 5. We had the best time at Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Tarangire National Park. Our guide Amiri and our cook Miraji both did a really great job and took good care of us. Everything - from equipment, vehicle, guiding to cooking - was on point and we highly recommend. The communication with Murtaza the manager was easy and reliable and personal preferences in the tour planning were made possible.
- desislavaf202300Tanzania - Tarangire, Ngorongoro and lake ManyaraSafari was really good organised, we have time schedule day by day and it was very accurately followed, we have plane tickets from Zanzibar and we were taken from the Arusha airport and than back after three great days. Our driver Amiri is very expirienced and made the trip real plesure. He spot and show us a lot of animal and explained us interesting things about them and the nature. He stops every time we want and wait us to take really amazing photos. We see very close almost all animals - lions, cheetah, leopard, zebras, giraffes, hippo, eleophans, gazelles, antylopas, African buffalo hyenas and even rhino from some distance. Also we see a lot of birds and monkeys. It was great trip in Tanzania, very safe and we feel so comfortable all the time. Also the Jeeps are big and very good for photos with open top.
- andriusm77500Great company, great adventureTour was great, had wonderful time. Our guide Amiri were super friendly and good vibe person. Had lots of sightseeing, Amiri did his best to show potential places and were looking for spots all the time. We saw lion attacking zebra, three rhinos and all other animals. We are happy by choosing Bobby Camping Safaris Tanzania.
- 59j_rgg00Selfmade Safari mit Bobby CampingIf someone wants to go on a safari - what does he have to do? Either a package safari or a self-organized safari. We agreed on the 2nd variant and worked out our route for 18 days ourselves for a year. But who should realize this? We found Bobby Camping Safari - a Tanzanian company that was able to implement our plans - and they were particularly good! The Amiri team (driver and guide) who was at our side guided us safely over the NP slopes and, with their unbelievable view, discovered animals that we would never have seen - even in our immediate vicinity we could almost touch them. Every day the famous Big Five. The team also included Jassin, our cook, who was an artist in his field and conjured up 3 meals every day and did not repeat himself in the 18 days, despite the simplest means and possibilities. Highest appreciation from us. The safari took us from Tarangire via Manyara to the Hadzabe (bushman) tribes at Eyasi Lake, further to the Ngorongoro Crater and then into the southern Serengeti (Ndutu area) where we could observe the aggregation of thousands of animals that then formed the great migration gathered on the way north - overwhelmingly - further into the central and northern Serengeti to Lake Natron. Here the Ol Donyo Lengai was climbed and back to Arusha. But our safari then went over the Mkomazi N.P. further, where we visited the breeding station for the rhinos and wild dogs, which are protected from extinction here and released back into the wild. The end were then the Usambara Mountains with its many hiking opportunities. The Indian Ocean was reached and also the end of our safari. Here Amiri and Jassin said goodbye after 18 incredible days with many unforgettable impressions and lots and lots of humor and fun. Bobby Camping Safari realized everything according to our wishes and implemented it perfectly and made it possible for us to have an unforgettable trip to the highest degree. We thank the boss Murtaza for his patience with us until this trip became possible - the price was also right but especially our funny team Amiri (Pumbaa - no, no pig) and Jassin with his delicious kitchen. HAKUNA MATATA and ASANTE SANA !!! Jörg - Brigitte - Heiner and Gerhard
- 544mehranc00A walk in the wild.I wanted to give my nephew an experience he would not forget, something not quite as regular as a drive in the park. We wanted an up close and wild experience that would be something we would not forget but at the same time keep my nephew safe. We got it and it was amazing, we walked amongst the zebra’s, spotted giraffes, walked right next to water bucks, got a thrilling experience in our tents with buffalos grazing right next to our tents, we could hear them breathing. The staff was very friendly and helpful, always attending to our needs but allowing us our personal space.