This 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari makes the most of Orongai Africa Safaris varied programmers in Northern Tanzania in a trip which offers the full flavor of the sights and experiences that we have to offer. See and feel the real Africa camping Safari, Meet the Maasai as companions and guides on walks in an area of breathtaking natural beauty. Enjoy privacy and freedom in an area with abundant wildlife.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- • Park fees (For non-residents)
- • All Taxes/VAT
- • Roundtrip airport transfer
- Entry/Admission - Tarangire National Park
- Entry/Admission - Lake Manyara National Park
- • International flights (From/to home)
- • Personal items (Souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- We pick up the travelers at the booked hotel or any other place in Arusha.
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Arusha Airport, JJJF+QXJ, Arusha, Tanzania
- Kilimanjaro International Airport, Kilimanjaro Airport Rd, Tanzania
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 191596P21
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari?
- 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari price starts from $2,225.65. Discover and book 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari on Tripadvisor
- What is the 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari cancellation policy?
- 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari?
- 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari is hosted by Orongai Africa Safari. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Orongai Africa Safari on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 191596P21
Reserve your spot
From Arusha toTarangire National...
From Tarangire National Park to...
From Ngorongoro crater to Lake...
From Lake Manyara National Park...
About the operator
Orongai Africa Safari
Joined in December 2017
- Y2898UNrachelj00AVOID this company at all costs!!!!Orongai Tours has refused to pay my refund when I cancelled our tour. I originally booked a 12 day Southern Tanzania Safari with Zanizibar Tour with Orongai tours back in February of 2021. I had a niggling feeling that the tour was too good to be true, nice hotels, reasonable price, but I had frequent reassurance from Ann/Anna, of Orongai Tours that I was in good hands. I paid my 50% deposit with an agreement that the balance would be due one week before our arrival in August 2022. THEN, I received a message from Ann/Anna saying they needed me to pay the remaining balance over one year before departure, rather than one week before as originally agreed. She said if I didn't my trip could be cancelled, the trip I had already paid 50% on. I refused to do this, as it was not part of the original agreement. After lots of back and forth where I was told by Ann/Anna that paying for my trip a year before I went was "for my own good", I said, no this was not ok, and that I wanted to cancel. That was 4 months ago. At first Ann/Anna said her supervisor would be "holding my deposit with company funds" until 2022. I responded that this was not ok. After four months of back and forth, and setting a deadline by which time the refund would be paid, I still have not been refunded my money. Basically, Orongai Africa Safari has taken $4500 Canadian from me and refuses to refund me that money. So my trip is cancelled and no money has been repaid. Not only is the company scamming people, they in contravention of the law. The original invoice set out the terms of payment and refund, and they have not complied with those terms. I am writing this review in the hopes of getting my money back (and I will be taking further steps to do so), but also in the hopes that no one else falls into the same trap I did, when I made the bad decision to trust Orongai Tours. I only wish I had listened to that little voice in my head that said this was too good to be true before I paid them 50% of the tour price. Please listen to the voice in your head before paying them any money, as you will clearly never get it back.
- alak48800Great Migration in SerengetiWe have attended a July safari in 2021 organized by the Orongai. Four nights in Serengeti, one night in Ngorongoro and Lake Manyara and Tarangire National Parks. A well-organized trip was led by Lukas. Our guide is a person with a great knowledge of the terrain, animals and the ecosystem. He patiently explained to us the habits of various animals, their names and behavior. He has an amazing sense of where, when and how to position the jeep to best spot to observe and take pictures. At the Masai Mara River we did not miss any moment of the great wildebeests migration, and in the savannah in the central Serengeti, he perfectly spotted a pair of lions hunting for pumbas. Very good driver, a man of great knowledge, always smiling and helpful in every situation. He brought us closer to the world of nature in Tanzania, but also familiarized us with the everyday life of the local people. We had fantastic time and hope to come back many times in future. We highly recommend it, the Orongai and Lukas.
- Z8609XLmarcuss00Amazing Tanzania TripMy daughter and I have just spent two weeks visiting 5 of Tanzania's national parks. We found the company helpful when organizing the itinerary and the trip itself was well organized. The company was very accommodating - even looking after a pack that was not needed for this part of our trip and meeting us at the airport at the end of our trip to hand it back. Our driver was very well informed and good company.
- iNigell00Great experience even with a low budgetCommunications: I got instant feedback from Orongai Africa Safaris on all my emails; they were regularly calling us during the trip to check if everything was ok. Our driver Fred was always finding strategic positions from which we had wonderful views of the animals. We got very good camps and excellent lodges. In Zanzibar: the resort Hideaway Nungwi was great and the beach was perfect. Unforgettable memories from Escarpment Lodge, Thanks for everything!
- Jjooana00Big5, Culture and Human HistoryThis was our third trip to East Africa with Orongai Africa Safari and it was the most remarkable. The Guide Asser gave us a terrific experience. We managed to get fantastic close up views of birds and amazing wildlife including the famous "big five". We experienced the Masai way of life by visiting a local village; we went to Olduvai Gorge for a true open air museum of the early men. We brought home memories we will remember and cherish for our lifetimes.
- methewc202100An incredible trip - Thank you Orongai Africa SafariWe had an incredible trip thanks to Orongai Africa Safari and we were absolutely delighted with the performance of the whole team. Both during the preparation and the trip, all went very smoothly. In the beginning we had contact with Ann, she was prompt and we were able to come up with a great program. Considering Orongai Africa Safari has been in business for 8 years whereas other companies are in operation for a few years and close is proof of friendly and great service. Furthermore Orongai Africa Safari is owned by a Tanzanian where as some others are operated with large agencies. The price was very good and when we compared to the big trekking companies we has some hesitation on the service, Orongai Africa Safari far exceeded our expectations. Right upon our arrival Orongai Africa Safari picked us up from the airport. The next day we met our guide Fred for a briefing and he check our gear to make sure we would be in comfort. Our guides, Fred, Juma and John are well spoken and were polite, positive and professional. The guides ensure that each individual advance at their own pace with the goal is to get to the top. Our ascent over 7 days to the summit was successful for all 10 of us in the group. The whole team (guides, assistants, cook, and porters) work well together, special mention to Shafee, who makes your morning, lunches and dinners in a great atmosphere. We also chose to do a Safari with Orongai Africa Safari. We were again picked up by our guide/driver on time (we were never late because of Orongai Africa Safari, always on time, even a little early). We had chosen to stay in lodges which were far better than anticipated with unique experience in each one. Either luxury tenting or a lodge with a view Our guide, Elia took the time to explain the surroundings, animals, his stories etc. as well answer our questions. Even if it was expected he did it very well and with pleasure. You could tell they know their stuff, not only are they educated in that area, they are also passionate. Example Elia is also an avid birdwatcher/birder. For us it was a fabulous trip in Tanzania and we greatly appreciate Orongai Africa Safari. We strongly recommend for anyone wishing to do a trek or safari to connect with Orongai Africa Safari.
- benjaminpU4548EX00Beyond Expectations, 5-StarsEverything about this tour exceeded our expectations. We booked the “5 -DAY Best of Northern Tanzania (Luxury) Tour” through Tour Radar and the booking process was very simple. We traveled from the United States for a tour in early December 2020. We elected to substitute the day at Lake Manyara with a day at Tarangire National Park instead, and this was a seamless change confirmed by Orongai. A few days before our tour, we asked for confirmations to the lodges a we would be staying at ahead of time and the Orongai representative provided those for us. We also requested for an airport transfer to our hotel. Asseri, the tour group founder, greeted us at the Kilimanjaro Airport in the safari truck when we landed. Once at the hotel, he sat with us in the lobby to review the printed itinerary for our tour that was to start the following day. The next morning, Asseri met us at the hotel to personally introduce us to our tour guide, Noel. Noel was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, culture, and each of the parks we traveled to. His ability to spot and identify animals so quickly was very impressive. By the 2nd day or our trip, we saw four of the “Big Five” animals, and on the last day we finally saw a rhino to round out all five. Noel educated us on each animal’s habits and how their behaviors changed throughout their lifespan. Aside from the animals, Noel shared information on types of trees, plants, and flowers found in the area, as well as the history of how the landscapes came to be over millions of years. He was responsive to us taking pictures, even stopping the truck and backing up if it made for better lighting or angle for a photo. Noel’s knowledge expanded to his navigation as our tour spanned over 400 miles of driving without a map or GPS. Noel also made a point to stop at significant landmarks along the way, such as historical and geological attractions, we enjoyed the added education. The professionalism and expertise Noel demonstrated made our trip remarkable. The lodging set up during our tour was at the Serena hotels: Lake Manyara, Ngorongoro and Serengeti. The hotels were tremendous! The views at each hotel are remarkable, we would wake up early each morning just to watch the sunrise. All of our meals were provided each day and the chefs at each hotel were very accommodating to special requests. The hotel staff provided 5-star service way beyond our expectations. As noted above, we traveled early December 2020 during the corona virus outbreak. From our research prior to the trip, we saw the low infection rate in Tanzania and decided to go forward with the trip. We did not have any COVID concerns during our trip as it was only our group and Noel in the truck all day, which was well ventilated. At the hotels we had a temperature check prior to entering, had to sanitize our hands, and guests were encouraged to wear masks. Hotel staff wore masks. Our experience with Orongai was 5-star. Orongai responded to our many questions within 24 hours, arranged ground transportation to and from airport, set up extra lodging before and after the tour and provided a trip of a life time. Just to note, we read a few reviews that were concerning to us prior to the trip. From our experience we have a hard time believing these reviews as our trip was very well organized and beyond expectations. Our only recommendation to Orongai would be to provide the detailed itinerary and hotel confirmation details a week or two prior to the tour start date. This information was provided when requested and finalized printed itinerary provided in person when we were picked up from the airport. Also, we really appreciated how every representative we encountered from Orongai was listed and pictured on their website and there was an introduction and hand-off from one representative to the next. We highly recommend Orongai as a tour operator and heading on a safari in Tanzania, it truly was a trip of a lifetime.
- emlur2600Wonderful safariGreat safari experience. Our tourguide was very knowledgeable, passionate, and kind. The Serena hotels were lovely. Overall wonderful time!
- Leemils48500Super Safari & Super Tour OperatorIf you want to be in trusted hands choose Orongai Africa Safaris! We did 9 days safari across main Tanzania North Parks - Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Lake Manyara - and 4 days in Zanzibar and all was great (places, lodges, organization of days, bookings, guide, problem solving). Maybe if I need to change anything, I would suggest to skip or to advance Lake Manyara as it’s the less populated and doing it at the end after the wonderful Serengeti and Ngorongoro it’s less valuable. Overall it was an amazing experience and I thank you again Orongai Africa Safari team for the fantastic support
- NoelRoman00Best Safari CompanyOrongai African Safaris are the best! We spend 11 days exploring Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire and Lake Manyara with them and it was amazing. The guide Asseri could answer everything and you could really feel his love for wildlife and nature. The Safari vehicle was so much better than we expected. Very high quality with lots of little touches like charging stations, water bottles holders, built in fridge and the pop up roof that is essential for this sort of Safari And I can tell you; you are going to leave this Safari with some more weight. Because the chief Fred cooks like a 5 star cook and I am sure that you will eat 2 to 3 portions every lunch and dinner; it was amazing experience, thank you for that Orongai! Will be back very soon.
- JasonMarkus00Amazing Safari, Great Team and Service - Highly Recommended!Our Tanzania Safari definitely exceeded our expectations - so many animals, beautiful landscapes and wonderful service from the entire team. We went to the Serengeti, Ngorongoro, lake manyara and Tarangire 8 Day Trip and it was absolutely wonderful. We saw many animals that we expected could be time of year, but so much more than what I have seen in other countries on safari We would highly recommend this company and this tour. It exceeded our expectations - thanks Orongai African Safaris
- joancM8448GF0012 Day Private SafariI can't speak more highly of Ann, Asseri and our guide Ellia from Orongai Africa Safari. I spent close to 6 months researching whom to travel with in Tanzania and eventually settled on from Orongai Africa Safari. You can do what I did or simply just book with from Orongai Africa Safari........trust me, you won't be disappointed. From an extraordinarily demanding professional photographer, I cannot recommend from Orongai Africa Safari more highly. You must ask for Elia as your guide.........he is incredible in every way and bends over backwards to make sure he is doing everything possible to ensure your trip of a lifetime. His knowledge and passion for his country and wildlife were incredible, highlighted by when he stopped the truck in the middle of nowhere to pick up a water bottle that had been carelessly dropped by a tourist.........'that would kill an animal', he said. This action spoke volumes about the person he is and the company he works for. We spent 1 night at Kirurumu tented camp at LakeManyara, 3 nights at Roika Lodge in Tarangire, 2 nights at Kati Kati tented camp in central Serengeti, 4 night at Serengeti North Wilderness Camp and 2 nights at Rhotia Valley at Ngorogoro crater. Everything was amazing, with the highlights being Kati Kati, the wilderness camp in the north and Rhotia Valley. I will post seperate reviews of the accommodation. Polite and discreet, Drive safely. Highly recommended agency and guide
- 832catyl00Awesome 5 Day Safari !!!They have a good internet service and responded very quickly. From the first to the last day, everything was well organized. Our driver Fred was very friendly, spoke very good english and answered us every question. We had a 5 day camping safari covering Tarangire, Serengeti and ngorongoro Crater. The campsite was clean and have had a good location. Our cook was also very friendly and the food was delicious. He also paid attention to my wheat intolerance. All in all a perfect safari with a perfect company
- eddya63800Reliable & ResponsibleOrongai Safari went above and beyond in assisting us in our trip to Tanzania. We loved it so much and would like to return for another excursion This is a Great group of folks
- ElFranjo00Don't even think about it.Short story: cheats, crooks and unprofessional. Avoid this outfit like the plague. They offered a price of 2150$/pp and three days before the trip they increased it in 650$/pp. Finally, we were forced to pay 200$ extra and downgraded us from lodges to mobile tented camps. Long story… In December 2018 I got a quote from Orongai for a 7-day safari in northern Tanzania: Ngorongoro, Ndutu and Serengeti, for 8 people, all lodges. From February 16th to 22nd 2019. The price was 2,150 $ per person, total 17,200 $. Park fees, All accommodations, all transportation, and all Taxes/VAT were explicitly included. All lodges were mid/upper level: Lake Duluti Lodge, Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge, Ndutu Safari Lodge, and Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge. The price was lower than others I had and included a flight back from Serengeti’s airstrip to Arusha the last day, which was the clincher. So, we agreed to this quotation: 2,150 $ pp. In January 2019, each member of the group paid 30% (645 $ pp) by transfer. I paid the full amount for me and my wife: 4,300 $. The remainder was to be paid on arrival in cash. On February 12th I received a message from Martha, the person in charge of our trip informing us that there was an additional charge of 650$ per person due to additional concession fees at NDUTU area and Ngorongoro area that was not there before. It followed a frenzied interchange of emails with the said Martha, trying to understand the extra 650 $ pp, a 30% increase!. Finally, Martha informed me that the cost was actually 2,800$ per person, not 2150$. I considered canceling but I really wanted to do the safari, I had already paid 4,300 $, plus the flights, a dear price for us, and we decided to go ahead. On arrival, we had a very long and very unpleasant discussion with Martha, a guide called Asseri and another guide Freddy. We tried to convince them to stick to their original offer, but reasoning with them was impossible. They denied evidence and the most basic logic stone-faced. They said that “Total” didn’t mean “all the money”. They insisted that the total price was 2,800$ pp. We also learned that the flight back from Serengeti to Arusha was not included in the price, even if “all transportation” was explicitly included. Finally, we decided to take it to the “Tourist Police”, a concrete bungalow in the outskirts of Arusha and met with an official. We spent there another 2 hours, repeating everything to him. Finally, the decision was that this was not a criminal dispute and that we had to resolve the thing among ourselves. We offered to pay 200 $/person over the agreed 2,150 $. Martha rejected this. We went back to the hotel at around 11 pm. We were informed that, if we canceled the safari, we would have to pay our rooms ourselves (~ 300 $/room). Martha also threatened us legally/judicially demanding the whole payment if we canceled. After more talk Orongai offered that if we paid 200 $ pp extra, AND we were downgraded to mobile tented camps, instead of lodges, we could go ahead. Tired of the whole thing, we agreed to this, and we had to sign a paper saying that these changes were our responsibility. Our mobile tented camps were a far cry from the lodges. In some of the ones we went, the showers didn’t even work and didn’t have enough power even to recharge the batteries/phones if we all tried at the same time. About the safari itself, one of the guides was nice (Freddy), the other (Asseri) wasn’t at all. He never made any effort to place the car in a good position for the photos and barely spoke at all. Both were a bit of risky drivers. Especially Asseri who frequently texted on his phone while driving, taking photos, or even video putting his full arm outside the window. Some of the seat belts were either broken or "repaired" with a knot. The lunch food was quite poor and always the same, including a piece of chicken so deeply fried as to be mummified. Almost inedible. This company used typical bait and switch techniques to scam us. Offer a low price, request part of the payment and then, once you are there, they demand more money with some flimsy excuse. Avoid like the plague.
Buy it with
4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari provided by Orongai Africa Safari
Product Overview: 4 Days Budget Tanzania Action Safari
Number of Photos