3 Days Mount Meru Climb
By Tanzania Joy Tours
Meru is a great preparation hike for climbing Kilimanjaro, or a spectacular trek for those not compelled to do Kilimanjaro. You will hike past wildlife, the landscape is spectacular, and sunrise on the summit has Kilimanjaro as the backdrop. While it can be done in only 4 days, it is not an easy peak to summit. To reach the top (almost 15,000 feet), there is some scrambling on rocks in the dark and at high altitude. You should be prepared for at least 10 hours of hiking on summit day. For an easier hike, you can climb just to Rhino Point for sunrise overlooking Kilimanjaro, and then descend. Mt. Meru is in Arusha National Park. In Arusha National Park all hikers must be accompanied by an armed ranger. This ranger is employed directly by the national park. You will also have your own mountain guide, who is managing the crew and watching out for your safety.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 3 days
Start time: Check availability
- All Fees and Taxes
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 155104P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is 3 Days Mount Meru Climb?
- 3 Days Mount Meru Climb price starts from $1,064.11. Discover and book 3 Days Mount Meru Climb on Tripadvisor
- What is the 3 Days Mount Meru Climb cancellation policy?
- 3 Days Mount Meru Climb cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 3 Days Mount Meru Climb on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides 3 Days Mount Meru Climb?
- 3 Days Mount Meru Climb is hosted by Tanzania Joy Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tanzania Joy Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3 Days Mount Meru Climb on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 155104P20
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travelers have to say about this operator.
Great experience in Mount meru tour
I and my wife hiked mount meru then did the 4 days safaris after. This company is top notch for both activities. mr…
Trekking to Uhuru Peak via Marangu Route.
My team were 6-persons who had experience in doing the climbing with them, it was good. Assistance guides was contr…
Highly recommend Joy Tours :) Mt Kili experience
Amazing experience and incredible guide team. Myself and two friends (in our 30’s) hiked the Marangu route. We summ…
Great experience - value for money
Great experience! I decided to do the Lemosho route to minimize the risk of Altitude Sickness. The leading guide P…
It was an amazing trip because of travel agent Emanuel and the guide/driver Praygod. It was a smooth trip without a…
An amazing experience with an amazing team. Mndeme’s team ensured a safe and smooth experience. The whole team was …
They are expert in travel in tour both in Private and group may be with your family or business colleagues they are…
we felt very safe We were on klimanjaro, group of seven people from Denmark with Richard as our guide. And it was a…
I am so happy for type of safari i was tour through Tanzania joy tour they are well behaved and so caring, i can re…
good weather satisfactory
Great travel companions, great scenery, great weather, satisfactory hotel, what more could one want?
Dishonesty and clumsiness
They should be honest about prices upfront instead of trying to trick their customers to pay twice for what s alrea…
Perfect short hike if you have a few days near Kilimanjaro!
We did the 2-day trek with TJT. On the first day we hiked to Mandara Hut, and on the second day we hiked up to a c…
Incredible 6d lemosho route hike with a fantastic team including professional guides, great cooks, server and porters
Excellent group and guides bringing us all the way to the top of Africa! The porters &guides were very helpful and …
7 Days Machame Route Climb
Great experience with Tanzania Joy Tours on this 7 days Machame route climb. Everything went well, from booking wit…
Such an amazing experience! Our leader Patrick was so knowledgeable, kind, funny, personable. The porters were on…