Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking
By Signature Safari
As compared to the Machame Route, Umbwe is steeper and shorter. Once you arrive at the Barranco Hut, you can join other fellow trekkers who arrived via the Machame route. You then descent down the Mweka trail.Since it is a very short and direct route, it is not recommended for people with little altitude experience.
Lowest price guaranteeFree cancellation
Duration: 6 days
Start time: Check availability
Arabic, German, Chinese, English, Italian, French, Dutch, Spanish
- All Fees and Taxes
- Departure details
- Traveler pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 146205P10
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking?
- Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking price starts from $1,890.00. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking on Tripadvisor
- What is the Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking cancellation policy?
- Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking?
- Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking is hosted by Signature Safari. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Signature Safari on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Mount Kilimanjaro-Umbwe Route 6 days Trekking on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 146205P10
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Joined in August 2017
#88 of 2,104 Outdoor Activities in Arusha
- Mayanktraveler99005*Amazing journey with Signature safari 🙌 All staff members are good & support us to achieve our goal Thank you so much signature safari 🙏
- Climber1738989830300The best personalised and complete safari including very qualified tour guide!We had a once in a life time dream safari experience. Mister innocence organised an complete personal full safari trip for me and my husband. We couldn’t have wished for more! Mister innocence was honest, kind and reacted very fast to all our requests. He also has the best tour guide in the world, his name is Rasul. He is very kind, has lots of experience and gave us all the best information and tips about the culture and safari.
- Pauline J00Put Serval Wildlife and Kikuletwa Hotsprings on your bucket list😍Thank you to Innocent for organising an amazing day trip to Serval Wildlife Sanctuary and Kikuletwa Springs on 29th March 2023. This was a solo private trip organised by Signature Safari. I was well looked after by my guide, Innocent. *I had a memorable, once-in-lifetime experience at Serval, walking amongst the beautiful wildlife, and posing to take photos with some very sleepy and well fed lion cubs. I saw lion cubs, zebra, blue monkeys, Masai Giraffes, Elands and Ostrich. After Serval, we stopped for a delicious lunch at a local restaurant, the food was fresh and very satisfying. *We then went to Kikuletwa Springs, where I swam in the warm clear spring waters. Expert divers are available on site, and floatation devices are available, as well as a guide who will swim alongside you to take pictures and also ensure your safety. I then enjoyed a free foot pedicure - little Garra Rufa fish that gently nibble away the dead skin on your feet...very ticklish! *Booking a day trip is straight forward. I went to the Signature Safari website and selected the option to chat to someone on WhatsApp. They responded within a minute. I paid my deposit, and Innocent turned up to collect me on the following day. Pay by credit card, cash or Mpesa.Thank you Signature Safari for arranging a breathtaking experience. Warm regards from Pauline Adala Nagila
- Femke L00Great safari!Great safari! Perfect route, with a lot of variety in landscapes and animals. Also a lot of options on how (camping/lodge etc) and where to overnight. Our guide knew a lot about the nature and animals. And our chef prepared some really nice breakfast and dinners! Thanks @signature safari’s!
- flipowski00Awesome safariWe were with 4 friends and had an amazing safari trip with signature safari. The car was in good condition, the driver/guide was knowledgable and the cook prepared us some nice food. The route was perfect as well with a good variety of camping/lodges.
- A5861DVandrewf00Excellent hikeThe 3-day Meru hike with Signature Safaris was excellent. Our lead guide, Samuel, was really knowledgeable, took care to ensure we were hiking at a safe pace and pointed out lots of wildlife. Our porters were really helpful and friendly and the chef's food was great (expect huge portions!). I'd highly recommend the company. For Meru itself, 3 days is a challenge because the last day may require 12-16 hrs hiking in total. Thankfully, Samuel arranged a lift for us from a higher camp to shorten the trek that day. Id recommend it for fit hikers, especially those who aren't scared of heights (I struggled with the final ascent!). It's all worth it for the great scenery and views of Kilimanjaro.
- Adici2004 day safari and much moreAn excellent adventure. The trip was very well organized, all sites were different, spectacular. The team scheduled and organized everything in detail so we could enjoy a truly spectacular trip Three nights in tents, everything provided, including sleeping bags, mattresses, clean showers and toilets. Excellent food, traditional Tanzanian cuisine, made fresh on the spot, every time some different dish The safari itself was spectacular, we saw all kind of animals, some we did not know existed Special thanks to Thomas ( the cook) and Bryston ( the driver) for going the extra mile to see the rare Rhino and the funny hienas
- DorinaIT00Kilimanjaro Summit and Much MoreI climbed Kilimanjaro on a 7 day Machame route. Thanks to Sebastian, Hendry and the whole crew. The guides have been extremely professional, constantly assessing my abilities, giving tips and encouragement when needed and leading me to summit! I selected Signature Safari from a multitude of local and international tour operators offering a Kilimanjaro climb and I’m extremely pleased by the trek and the whole Tanzanian experience. Kudos to Innocent for planning, proposing and booking all activities - airport pickups/drop offs, car transfers, cultural city tours, Zanzibar island vacation. Everything was perfect!
- AntziaV00Great experience in KilimanjaroWe had an experience better than we could ever imagine. Great team one by one, porters, chef and guides. They deeply cared for us, in order to success and enjoy our trip. They provided physical and mentally support and all equipment to be comfort. They became our family for a week. Our guides were Sebastian and Lukas. It really worth to live the experience with them!
- T7170HGchristinan00Kilimanjaro with the best teamWe summited at 08/01/2023 with the help of Sebastian and his crew. It was an amazing experience. We had fresh cooked delicious food, water, tea, coffee, fruits. The guys were really supportive during the whole hike. The Summit Day that was the hardest day, Sebastian Lukas and Amani went with us, gave us water, juice, chocolate and even sang to us to make us feel more empowered. I totally recommend them to accompany you in one of your most important life experiences.
- brezae_alexandra00Amazing 4 days SafariAmazing safari with SignatureSafari. I can strongly recommend this safari company. Everything, beging with transfers from and to the airport, went clockise. The accommodation were as presented in the agreed program and were as we expected. Our guide, Mr. Andreson, has an impressive amount of knowledge about the area and the animals. He also did everything to give us the best experience and give us an ideea not only about wildlife, but also about local culture and his country in general. Hope to return soon!
- Folarin2300An Amazing ExperienceThe professionalism and and attention to detail of signature tours was amazing. Planning the Serengeti with signature tours next.
- Simosha_2700A memorable safariWe did a five day safari with Signature Safari visiting Tarangire NP, Ngorongoro crater NP, Lake Manyara NP and lake Natron. We are a young couple with a 1-year old son. At the national parks we did game drives. At lake Natron we walked to the waterfall and to the lake to watch flamingoes. We had a lovely driver / guide Msafiri, who was great at finding all the animals during our game drives. He was easygoing, well-informed about the animals and considerate also of the other visitors, e.g. parking our car so that we didn't block the view for others. It was easy to talk to him and he was great at accommodating our needs, e.g. stopping somewhere, so we could change the baby's diaper. We stayed at the following accomodation: - Karibu Heritage House, we enjoyed it very much, very tasty take-away lunch boxes - Fanaka Safari Lodge, the room was on the small side, a lot of mosquitoes (the town Mto wa Mbu means mosquito river), the swimming pool did not look like it had been cleaned in a while, very tasty dinner - Maasai Giraffe Eco Lodge, an oasis in the bush, well thought through all the territory, tasty food, nice swimming pool, lovely personnel and owner We recommend Signature Safari, because they provide good safaris and can personalise your trip to accommodate your requirements.
- 669micat00Recomendada experienciaThe experience was very good, a recognition to the chef and the guide who did an excellent job. To take into account when you go is that you spend many hours on top of the truck trying to see animals, at first we spent more than 3 hours looking and nothing but then they appeared, you have to be patient. Also keep in mind that those who are going to stay in the tent, there are no pillows, and the mats can be a bit hard but the experience was very good. recommended.
- Hassenezz00ExcellentLodge, car and park are excellent. The driver was too nice and the program in line with what I proposed.